+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*NEW* MANILA VISA OFFICE Philippines SPOUSE/FAMILY TIMELINE

kayee123

Sep 11, 2019
Hi I’m new here, i just want to ask, do I have to change my civil status and last name in my passport and PR card before I can sponsor my husband? I just got married last month. Thank you

annjo

Star Member
Oct 18, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila Visa Office
App. Filed.......
July 8, 2019
Doc's Request.
Sept 16, 2019
AOR Received.
Sept 5, 2019
File Transfer...
Sept 19
Med's Request
Sept 13
Med's Done....
Oct 03
Hi,

Anyone experience having their biometrics done in vac manila. Any idea what’s the procedure, do we have to book an appointment or do they accept walk in and if I could ask the address of VAC Manila. TIA

HAPPYTWOFEET

Star Member
Jun 29, 2019
Hi,

Anyone experience having their biometrics done in vac manila. Any idea what’s the procedure, do we have to book an appointment or do they accept walk in and if I could ask the address of VAC Manila. TIA
Hi you have to schedule an appointment. .

StephanH

Feb 20, 2019
Category........
Hi Stephan, Are you talking about 1 physician specifically in Cebu or the whole system there? We are planning to do the medical in Cebu but if it seems to be a common problem there we could go to MNL, we are half way between the two places. Haven't heard the same problem from people on here about MNL, have you?

Cheers
It seems many people have problems in Cebu, just look at the google reviews... and with all the complaints I have gathered on here. Our result were received very late, I had to email them and call them to send it ASAP... If I were you I would go to Manila.

Reactions: Canada2020eh

GLou

Aug 13, 2019
I've read in this thread that few applications were moved to either CPC-Mississauga or Visa Office Manila 2-3 days after they received the Medical Request. But for me, it has been 2 weeks already since we received the medical request email last August but still we haven't received any email or any update in Ecas if our application has been move to CPC-M or Visa Office Manila. Does it necessarily have to be moved out from CPC-Sydney?

Here is my timeline so far.

Application Received: June 28, 2019
AOR 1: August 22, 2019
Ecas says in Process: August 21, 2019
Sponsor Approval: August 27, 2019
Biometrics request: August 26, 2019
Biometrics Given: August 28, 2019
Medical Request: August 29, 2019
Medical Completed: September 3, 2019

Jaybee43

Feb 28, 2019
I've read in this thread that few applications were moved to either CPC-Mississauga or Visa Office Manila 2-3 days after they received the Medical Request. But for me, it has been 2 weeks already since we received the medical request email last August but still we haven't received any email or any update in Ecas if our application has been move to CPC-M or Visa Office Manila. Does it necessarily have to be moved out from CPC-Sydney?

Here is my timeline so far.

Application Received: June 28, 2019
AOR 1: August 22, 2019
Ecas says in Process: August 21, 2019
Sponsor Approval: August 27, 2019
Biometrics request: August 26, 2019
Biometrics Given: August 28, 2019
Medical Request: August 29, 2019
Medical Completed: September 3, 2019
At least in my situation ecas doesnt say my application was sent to MVO. IRCC sent us an email advising us that our file was sent to MVO

cdnmike75

Star Member
Jul 3, 2019
Hi I’m new here, i just want to ask, do I have to change my civil status and last name in my passport and PR card before I can sponsor my husband? I just got married last month. Thank you
It is not a requirement. For my wife we did change her passport to my last name since it does simplify things down the road as your PR is issued in what ever name is on the passport and there is no need to get the PR reissued afterwards. Simple tip to do this quickly, take your parent through the senior citizen line and renew yours at the same time as theirs.