+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New IRCC webinar for Indian students on Oct. 22, 11am – 12:30pm IST

Ironclad

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2020
Canada
what new LOA ??
If you applied for Winter 2021 straight away and got the AIP , then you are lucky. Only some visa offices are giving direct AIP for winter 2021 . Once you get the AIP you can defer to whichever intake you want further or continue studying but you must upload the new LOA subsequently. You are still eligible for the 2-stage process.

P@1n

Mar 9, 2017
Winnipeg
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Bangalore
App. Filed.......
15-05-2017
Passport Req..
07-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2017
LANDED..........
15-08-2017
I submitted 4th september to the winter intake straight away and received aip 18th september
I have responded to your query in the other thread.

Ironclad

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2020
Canada
Those who received AIP after applying September 15th and those who received AIP straight away for Winter 2021 are exceptions and these are not the general norms followed by IRCC.

Some visa offices process files differently and sometimes they abide the rules strictly and sometimes they don't.

Order GCMS notes to confirm you eligibility.

Reactions: Onmyway143

P@1n

Mar 9, 2017
Winnipeg
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Bangalore
App. Filed.......
15-05-2017
Passport Req..
07-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2017
LANDED..........
15-08-2017
I do not think you need to do anything. They already have your LOA for winter 2021 intake.
You are right about the fact they do have your LOA but since ircc sometimes makes mistakes before(like all those who received aip as an error during Sep3 and4th), it is always good to let them know that in advance so you can avoid if delays happens. Anyway it is my personal opinion.

Stay_Humble

Star Member
Oct 22, 2020
Hey Guys

I have a few queries, it would be great if you could help me with the same.

I submitted my visa application on 15th Oct for Jan '21 intake and got biometrics confirmation the very next day.
Medical was done upfront but nothing has been updated on the portal yet. Also my college is on the approved COVID readiness plan list.
-Will my profile start to get processed only after I complete the biometrics?
-The AIP process would not apply to me considering I applied for the Visa in Oct. Correct?
-Incase the biometrics facility does not open in November in India, can I get the biometrics done from Dubai? I have submitted by Visa application online in India.
-Incase going to Dubai is an option, will I have to pay the biometric fees again? Since I have already paid for it while submitted the visa application online.
-Incase you have already completed the biometrics or are aware of the process, will I have to submit my passport in Dubai or just show it there for proof?
-Would the biometrics get linked to my visa application online immediately and nothing else would be processed from Dubai? Later in India all other formalities would be done as per the normal process (just to confirm it doesn't matter if biometrics has been submitted from another country)?

If you know the answer to any of the above queries, please help me with the same.

I appreciate your time and efforts in this regard.

Thanks!

P@1n

Mar 9, 2017
Winnipeg
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Bangalore
App. Filed.......
15-05-2017
Passport Req..
07-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2017
LANDED..........
15-08-2017
Hey Guys

I have a few queries, it would be great if you could help me with the same.

I submitted my visa application on 15th Oct for Jan '21 intake and got biometrics confirmation the very next day.
Medical was done upfront but nothing has been updated on the portal yet. Also my college is on the approved COVID readiness plan list.
-Will my profile start to get processed only after I complete the biometrics?
-The AIP process would not apply to me considering I applied for the Visa in Oct. Correct?
-Incase the biometrics facility does not open in November in India, can I get the biometrics done from Dubai? I have submitted by Visa application online in India.
-Incase going to Dubai is an option, will I have to pay the biometric fees again? Since I have already paid for it while submitted the visa application online.
-Incase you have already completed the biometrics or are aware of the process, will I have to submit my passport in Dubai or just show it there for proof?
-Would the biometrics get linked to my visa application online immediately and nothing else would be processed from Dubai? Later in India all other formalities would be done as per the normal process (just to confirm it doesn't matter if biometrics has been submitted from another country)?

If you know the answer to any of the above queries, please help me with the same.

I appreciate your time and efforts in this regard.

Thanks!
It says in the biometrics letter that you can do it from anywhere convenient to you and that letter is the proof for the biometrics fees.

Stay_Humble

Star Member
Oct 22, 2020
It says in the biometrics letter that you can do it from anywhere convenient to you and that letter is the proof for the biometrics fees.
Thanks for the update.

Just checked again and you are correct, it is mentioned 'most convenient to you'. So it doesn't really matter where you get the biometrics done from then? Also this would not affect my profile/process anyhow then?

P@1n

Mar 9, 2017
Winnipeg
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Bangalore
App. Filed.......
15-05-2017
Passport Req..
07-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2017
LANDED..........
15-08-2017
Thanks for the update.

Just checked again and you are correct, it is mentioned 'most convenient to you'. So it doesn't really matter where you get the biometrics done from then? Also this would not affect my profile/process anyhow then?
No it won’t affect your process, might even speed up your process.