New Instructions from IRCC for applications before 7th Sep 2021

nshakelly

Nov 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I applied for a visitor visa for my in-laws (India) on September 19th via the new portal and today on 22nd September we received a request for biometrics. I think, it’s totally dependent on the officers who are working on your case and also the travel history. I know, we haven’t received the PPR request yet but I am hoping to hear something soon.
Biometric request is an auto generated request, the logic is designed in the back end

For example if you had applied in the 10 last years for some other application and provided your biometric. Now if you are using the same login (GCkey) you won’t get a biometric request. Hope I am making sense.

Anura@06

Star Member
Jul 28, 2017
Biometric request is an auto generated request, the logic is designed in the back end

For example if you had applied in the 10 last years for some other application and provided your biometric. Now if you are using the same login (GCkey) you won’t get a biometric request. Hope I am making sense.

I have never applied for their visa before and I used a portal. I might be wrong, but the whole visa process itself is uncertain. Some people are getting their biometric request within a few days and for some it is taking months. Do you think it will take time to get the visa approval?

lost_identity

Star Member
May 20, 2017
Category........
I have never applied for their visa before and I used a portal. I might be wrong, but the whole visa process itself is uncertain. Some people are getting their biometric request within a few days and for some it is taking months. Do you think it will take time to get the visa approval?
The biometric request is auto generated. You usually get it the same day or the next day after you submit your application. It does not take months to get biometrics request.

Ness_Fern

Star Member
Sep 6, 2011
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
04-08-2017
Doc's Request.
17-05-2017
Nomination.....
17-05-2017
AOR Received.
04-08-2017
IELTS Request
29-04-2017
Med's Request
17-05-2017
Med's Done....
13-07-2017
Passport Req..
28-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
18-09-2017
LANDED..........
15-03-2018
Hi guys .. just need ur suggestion ..

I applied visitor visa for my mom and dad,
Applied on July 14
Biometric on Aug 24
Priority Web form on Aug 24- Parents of PR
Got reply for that web form on September 8

after that no updates from IRCC..
I see people applying again and getting visitor visa in 1 week … Can I reapply or wait for this application ?
please suggest..
Hi there! I am in a similar situation. Can you share what was the reply you received from IRCC upon submission of priority web form?

LadyA

Star Member
Dec 21, 2017
Hi all,

My husband applied online ('old portal' GCkey) on the 29th of august.
Letter for biometrics : 30th of august.
Biometrics done: 7th of september
AOR for the biometrics: 22nd of september
TRV approved: 23th of September.

We didn't re-apply after the changes made on the 7th.

I hope things will move fast (and in the good direction) on your end.
Cheers!

SUKHUGILL

Jun 23, 2020
Hi,
I am PR in Canada.
I have applied for my husbands' PR.
Can I apply for visitor visa as well.
Does it affect the PR application?
please someone help me out.