+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Instructions from IRCC for applications before 7th Sep 2021

lotso8u

Sep 17, 2021
They have done the corrections on their own. Earlier webforms remained unanswered!

Update - So finally got the passport after Visa stamp. Though I could see the Visa details in the portal but I guess the day to use an electronic visa is still distant.

All in all very quick turnaround, 8th Sep was when I submitted the filled application and today, my passport is back with 10 Year visa!
Wow! May i know the purpose of your application?

N90

Star Member
Oct 21, 2019
Hi all, I have an update on my son's TRV.

Application Date: 24 June 2021
Medical Request : 21 Sept 2021 (looks like this is getting converted to TRP since his sponsorship is under process)
VO - Abu Dhabi, UAE

Raised webform to prioritize application on 14th July 2021. Received a response with confirmation on 6 August 2021. I did NOT re-apply after Sept 7th 2021

nn5555

Sep 22, 2021
Hi all. Very basic question - I am a Canadian citizen. My parents are applying for a visitor visa to visit me. Are they 'immediate family' or 'extended family' based on IRCC's definition? I need to know because there seems to be additional requirements for extended family in terms of getting authorization from IRCC. Thanks

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi all. Very basic question - I am a Canadian citizen. My parents are applying for a visitor visa to visit me. Are they 'immediate family' or 'extended family' based on IRCC's definition? I need to know because there seems to be additional requirements for extended family in terms of getting authorization from IRCC. Thanks
Immediate

Berry100

Sep 11, 2021
Hi guys .. just need ur suggestion ..

I applied visitor visa for my mom and dad,
Applied on July 14
Biometric on Aug 24
Priority Web form on Aug 24- Parents of PR
Got reply for that web form on September 8

after that no updates from IRCC..
I see people applying again and getting visitor visa in 1 week … Can I reapply or wait for this application ?
please suggest..

Sharmaine1130

Star Member
Aug 12, 2021
They have done the corrections on their own. Earlier webforms remained unanswered!

Update - So finally got the passport after Visa stamp. Though I could see the Visa details in the portal but I guess the day to use an electronic visa is still distant.

All in all very quick turnaround, 8th Sep was when I submitted the filled application and today, my passport is back with 10 Year visa!
did you applied through GC key or portal?

brane.r

Sep 13, 2021
Hi all, I have an update on my son's TRV.

Application Date: 24 June 2021
Medical Request : 21 Sept 2021 (looks like this is getting converted to TRP since his sponsorship is under process)
VO - Abu Dhabi, UAE

Raised webform to prioritize application on 14th July 2021. Received a response with confirmation on 6 August 2021. I did NOT re-apply after Sept 7th 2021
Where can I file a webform?

Abhiancha

Oct 15, 2018
For everyone - who has applied twice. What about medicals? did you do upfront medical? As I don't see anyone mentioning medicals in their timeline?

I have a very specific situation with my mother's supervisa application
applied on July 8th
Biometrics submitted on August 16th - but they status of biometrics still says not received
Raised a webform on August 22nd for covid 19 exemption
Received mail response on Sept 10th
No updates post that.

Should i apply again as everyone is doing? and will the biometrics submitted will be considered for the new application? should we do upfront medical this time before applying?
Any inputs would be of great help, thank you.

nn5555

Sep 22, 2021
Immediate
Thanks. So, my parents had applied for a visitor visa on July 5th, completed Biometrics on Aug 9th (although only 1 of their applications says that biometrics is complete - which is probably an issue with the status page), nothing after that. Deciding if they should apply again given that this was before Sept 9 . BUT can someone clarify where in the original application did the applicant have to mention that they - 'qualify for exemption'. They had applied through GCKey and there was no where in the application to mention this, except in the invitation letter and covering letter where we indicated purpose of visit is reunion with immediate family. Based on this, need to decide if they should reapply. Thanks.

Winner Man

Star Member
May 20, 2021
Yaounde, CMR
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
IRCC
NOC Code......
I thought the IRCC Portal was for essential visits only; but one studying it, I saw that Tourist Purpose was also included in its list; meaning every Visitor Visa applicant can use IRCC Portal.

However, I also discovered that, for now (since it's not up to 15-30 days), GCKey "re-applicants" have their files processed faster than IRCC Portal applicants. I say so because, all my colleagues who used IRCC Portal are still in silence; but I used GCKey to re-submit on 20th September, and got ELIGIBILITY & BACKGROUND CHECK reviews the next day. For my former application (March 1st, I had no update, except BACKGROUND CHECK).

waygukcanada

Jul 21, 2021
I would like to know if in the new portal, you can apply even if you come from an ETA listed country? I am curious about this thank you for your help

Anura@06

Star Member
Jul 28, 2017
I applied for a visitor visa for my in-laws (India) on September 19th via the new portal and today on 22nd September we received a request for biometrics. I think, it’s totally dependent on the officers who are working on your case and also the travel history. I know, we haven’t received the PPR request yet but I am hoping to hear something soon.