+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Instructions from IRCC for applications before 7th Sep 2021

Hooeful

Star Member
Sep 20, 2021
I applied primarily via GCKEY. Now I want to reapply. It says I should do it through portal but everybody here says GCKEY is faster. Is it possible that I have some problems if I apply through GCKEY and not portal?
I’d advise you to apply via GCKEY. I submitted mine on September 9 and I haven't seen any tangible update, not even the estimated completion time.

Aman08

Sep 21, 2021
I applied visit visa for my husband on July 22, 2021. Now I am thinking to reapply under new policy via new portal. But my consultant told me , I have to apply travel authorization first before apply for visit visa. I am so confused. Can anyone tell me who applied via new portal plz

dork113

Sep 20, 2021
Not a problem, they have extended validity to 90 days, check here on forums or cic web. Alternatively, try some other places like Kolkatta. Even I had to go to Kolkatta in June as the appointments in North & West were booked for many weeks.

Update from my side, I applied for TRV on April 26th and went for Biometrics in June and there was no update. Then on the 8th, based on CIC updated recommendations, I reapplied on 8th Sep and the application was seen and processed very fast. Got the passport picked on the 14th and today consulate has sent it back to VFS. I can already see a counterfoil number of the Visa on the online portal. I Hope, I am interpreting correctly and get the passport back soon with stamped visa.

I think the earlier Applications were processed by machine and there must be errors. I was given a totally different UCI on the new application in April even when I had an old UCI for the past 10 Years, common on TRV as well PR and clearly mentioned in my application. I tried getting it updated but with no success. Now, on the new application, I mentioned the new UCI, as my Biometrics was linked with that number, but the acknowledgment that I got, had old UCI and Biometrics from the April application. I realised some humans are now actually working!

Good work by CIC after the initial lull. Hope it works for needy people like me, my spouse and son are Canadian citizens and I haven't seen them now for over 12 months.
Hi,

A couple of questions; we do not understand who needs to resubmit because the language on the IRCC website is confusing
Can you share your interpretation - Does everyone who submitted prior to Sep 7th should reapply?

Here's our situation

We have applied for my Mother-in-Law's TRV -
Application submitted: June 30th
Biometrics completed: August 3rd

So far we have not heard any response, so wondering what should be our next steps.

Last edited:

dork113

Sep 20, 2021
Got PPR requst today on ircc portal.

thanks friends your comments and updates helped me alot.

my timeline was

old application 13 march
New application 9th sep
ppr today
Hi Can you share what additional information you added to the new visa application. We are waiting to get my MIL here. Our current application timelines are:

So far we have not heard any response, so unsure if this new directive applies to us and if we should reapply? What additional documents are needed?

Last edited:

dork113

Sep 20, 2021
Hi,

Did any one apply for visiting visa for parents from india after september 7th 2021?

I have submitted application for my parents on july 20th 2021and completed the biometrics on september 1st 2021 and waiting for the application status.

So, I recently saw this update to re-apply the application according to ircc update on sept 7th 21, so if i re-apply for visiting visa do we need go for biometrics again or they will consider the same biometrics and what all documents needed to reapply?
Hi

We are in a similar boat for my MILs application. Did you end up reapplying?

Here are our timelines
s TRV -

So far we have not heard any response, so wondering what should be our next steps.

Last edited:

lotso8u

Sep 17, 2021
I have re-submitted my mother's visitor visa application via GCKey.

details are as follows:
1st app: Aug 11
2nd app: Sept 19
Her biometrics from the first app got linked to the second one.
Hoping to hear an update soon.

Romeo4412

Star Member
Sep 10, 2021

details are as follows:
I resubmitted on sep 18. If you get any update please post here. Thank you

varinder1717

Apr 18, 2015

details are as follows:
Did you apply again from gckey or ircc portal?

Rsingh9879

Sep 6, 2021

details are as follows:
Did you update financial documents in second application ?

Turbanator

Aug 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
01-06-2011
Med's Done....
06-06-2011
Passport Req..
01-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2011
\
Hi did you apply second time through gckey or ircc portal?

Directly via gckey. I think, Ircc portal is used via travel agents.
I got a different UCI although I mentioned the UCI that I got from the first application in the forms and letter that I attached in my application.

Just wondering, did you send them a webform to flag this or did they solve it on their own as per their records?
They have done the corrections on their own. Earlier webforms remained unanswered!

Update - So finally got the passport after Visa stamp. Though I could see the Visa details in the portal but I guess the day to use an electronic visa is still distant.

All in all very quick turnaround, 8th Sep was when I submitted the filled application and today, my passport is back with 10 Year visa!