+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New immigration program for temporary workers

Fly17

Mar 27, 2021
I read about the new immigration program for international students and essential workers can apply for permanent residence.

Please I have question although my refugee Claim was refused last but I have appealed and my case in with RAD,can I apply since my work is listed among the eligible essential work that can apply since I am still a temporary resident.

Das67

Oct 19, 2019
Could you share more detail about that new program? Link ? Difficult to help if we don't know exactly what new program you are talking about?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I read about the new immigration program for international students and essential workers can apply for permanent residence.

Please I have question although my refugee Claim was refused last but I have appealed and my case in with RAD,can I apply since my work is listed among the eligible essential work that can apply since I am still a temporary resident.
It’s unclear whether you would qualify because you don’t actually have status like other temporary workers. You have been granted a WP while you try to gain status in Canada.

Based on what I just read you wouldn’t qualify but I would suggest checking with a lawyer or consultant to verify.

Fly17

Mar 27, 2021
It’s unclear whether you would qualify because you don’t actually have status like other temporary workers. You have been granted a WP while you try to gain status in Canada.

Based on what I just read you wouldn’t qualify but I would suggest checking with a lawyer or consultant to verify.
Thanks for your reply.... according to what I rest it is only people with out of status that cannot apply and it is for all public.i will to a lawyer as you suggested.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for your reply.... according to what I rest it is only people with out of status that cannot apply and it is for all public.i will to a lawyer as you suggested.
No that’s not what it said. It says you must have status which you don’t have. You only have a WP to try to minimize the exlense to the taxpayer and are not in Canada as a temporary worker.

Osagiodwa1

Star Member
Jul 28, 2020
Is it to the general persons ,asylum seekers with work permit or just for health sector jobs alone? Is it true that those residing in Québec are not eligible?

Reactions: samalkaser

Das67

Oct 19, 2019
One of the condition
  1. Reside in Canada with valid temporary resident status (or be eligible to restore their status) and be physically present in Canada at the time the application for permanent residence is received and when the application is approved.
You don't have a status yet.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=387&top=29

Refugee claimants who have authorization to work or study while waiting for a decision on their claim do not have temporary resident status and cannot apply under this category.

As @canuck78 said you aren't qualified. Any experience you acquired while waiting for your final decision doesn't count as Canadian experience. Better double check with a lawer.

Good luck!

Reactions: Swagzzy

Osagiodwa1

Star Member
Jul 28, 2020
No that’s not what it said. It says you must have status which you don’t have. You only have a WP to try to minimize the exlense to the taxpayer and are not in Canada as a temporary worker.
Like what status? Is a refugee claimant not among status?

Fly17

Mar 27, 2021
One of the condition
  1. Reside in Canada with valid temporary resident status (or be eligible to restore their status) and be physically present in Canada at the time the application for permanent residence is received and when the application is approved.
You don't have a status yet.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=387&top=29

Refugee claimants who have authorization to work or study while waiting for a decision on their claim do not have temporary resident status and cannot apply under this category.

As @canuck78 said you aren't qualified. Any experience you acquired while waiting for your final decision doesn't count as Canadian experience. Better double check with a lawer.

Good luck!
Thank you will talk to a lawyer

derin1010

Oct 18, 2017
Toronto
Refugee claimants either pending or failed are not qualify.
If you check the note on the bottom of your work permit. It is clearly stated in the remarks/observations
THIS DOCUMENT DOES NOT CONFER TEMPORARY RESIDENT STATUS.

Last edited:

malikn

Dec 15, 2007
WINNIPEG
Visa Office......
MANITOBA
NOC Code......
INVESTOR
App. Filed.......
JANUARY 2016
Doc's Request.
SUBMITTED January 2016
Nomination.....
4-2016
AOR Received.
23-08-2016
Med's Request
21-09-2016
Med's Done....
04-10-2016
Interview........
never
Passport Req..
19-1-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-1-2017
LANDED..........
May 2017 Inshallah
assylum seeker those already rejected but they are In Canada on appeal federal court or they eligible on this program working as taxi driver last 3 years please advise me any expert person who has knowledge one my friend need this information