New Delhi (NDVO) 2017 - Spousal Sponsorship Outside Canada

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Hello Everyone, I am applicant AOR 1 21 Sept 2017. I have got Email regarding Interview at New Delhi. I did marriage with close friends and family in temple. I did put up file with pics and all. Then i went India in Feb 2018 for big function of marriage and reception. But i did not inform immigration at that time. In interview should i inform about marriage again in February or not? will it be negative in my case? Reception is good i can show pics and everything. I have everything last 12 months call records and whatsapp chat history. any suggestions or advise please. what i should be aware of? Thanks in advance
i would send all records but also take in person ,just if they did not get those..

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Do you think I would be questioned in interview why you did marriage in tample in may 2017first then did big marriage ceremony and reception in February 2018?
Why? No crime in marrying in Church or Temple! YEa some people do ceremonies later on as friends or relatives were not available or did not agree at that time! Simple answer ! People marry in temples alone then they go to parents ,,Finally parents also agree and then big celebrations take place . That's not a point for refusal but YES it can just be asked to confuse you only. Stay HAPPY in interview. All will be Ok

chints3

Sep 3, 2018
@BlueRodeoFan @Saumyazubeer
Hello Guys ...
I am an Oct 5 applicant sponsoring my wife . I received the Pre -arrival on 21st August as well and nothing then after .

One of my Friend whose file receive date was Oct 30 got DM and PPR on 2 sept .

Anyone here knows why so?
Should we ask for case specific Inquiry or it’s not 12 moths yet so we have to wait ?
As per the Forum those who got pre-arrival on 21 Aug are the only waiting members(people) to get any updates and that makes 5 ( or more ) including me @BlueRodeoFan .

Last edited:
Reactions: Saumyazubeer

BlueRodeoFan

Star Member
Aug 26, 2017
Hello Guys ...
I am an Oct 5 applicant sponsoring my wife . I received the Pre -arrival on 21st August as well and nothing then after .

Should we ask for case specific Inquiry or it’s not 12 moths yet so we have to wait ?
As per the Forum those who got pre-arrival on 21 Aug are the only waiting members(people) to get any updates and that makes 5 ( or more ) including me @BlueRodeoFan .
I did ask my Member of Parliament to get an update on Thursday as it looks like the agent working on our files may have either forgotten to finish them or was pulled away to work on something else or is on vacation. I haven't heard anything yet, but will provide an update when I do. It just seems weird that there are at least 5 of us in the same situation, while everyone else who have received updates got PA and often DM on the same day and PPR the next day. I'm hoping the MP enquiry will trigger some positive action for all us who haven't heard anything since 21 August.

However it wouldn't hurt for you to send NDVO an email (mark it urgent), sometimes they do action them. If you do keep us informed so we can take the same action if it works.

I believe this is the email address: delhi-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca Hopefully someone will provide a correction is this is incorrect.

Reactions: Saumyazubeer

chints3

Sep 3, 2018
I did ask my Member of Parliament to get an update on Thursday as it looks like the agent working on our files may have either forgotten to finish them or was pulled away to work on something else or is on vacation. I haven't heard anything yet, but will provide an update when I do. It just seems weird that there are at least 5 of us in the same situation, while everyone else who have received updates got PA and often DM on the same day and PPR the next day. I'm hoping the MP enquiry will trigger some positive action for all us who haven't heard anything since 21 August.

However it wouldn't hurt for you to send NDVO an email (mark it urgent), sometimes they do action them. If you do keep us informed so we can take the same action if it works.

I believe this is the email address: delhi-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca Hopefully someone will provide a correction is this is incorrect.
@BlueRodeoFan : Well I hope it will stir up good news for all of us who are waiting as it doesn’t make any sense that we have to wait . And thanks for everything . If not I will let my MP know as well so they can know that a whole day files are sitting somewhere and have to be taken some action upon.

Saumyazubeer

Star Member
Aug 22, 2018
Hello Guys ...

As per the Forum those who got pre-arrival on 21 Aug are the only waiting members(people) to gand et any updates and that makes 5 ( or more ) including me @BlueRodeoFan .

Yes dear we are in the same boat. I am so confused. Did anyone received interview call after pre arrival letter.

we will wait for your reply. Even my friends wife they applied March a and they got PPR within 6 months. So tensed

chints3

Sep 3, 2018
Yes dear we are in the same boat. I am so confused. Did anyone received interview call after pre arrival letter.

we will wait for your reply. Even my friends wife they applied March a and they got PPR within 6 months. So tensed
I have the same question? When does someone receive the interview call? Is it before/after pre-arrival or it can be at any stage ?

BlueRodeoFan

Star Member
Aug 26, 2017
I have the same question? When does someone receive the interview call? Is it before/after pre-arrival or it can be at any stage ?
A couple of October people on the What's App groups (I can't remember which one) have either gotten notice of an interview or had a phone interview. None of them had received the pre-arrival email before they got the notice or interview. From what I understand pre-arrival means the principal applicant has met eligibility which I assume (hope) means that the agent is satisfied that the marriage is legitimate. If you look at the definition in My CIC (GC KEY) it says something to the effect that the PA meets the eligibility requirements for the visa that is being applied for).

I would have guessed if any of our spouses needed an interview we would have heard by now, but until my husband gets decision made and passport request I can't completely relax.

I don't know if an interview could be requested after pre arrival email. The only thing I can think of is if something came up during the security or background check that raised a flag. In my husband's case he has not travelled outside of India nor has he worked in any of the jobs that raise flags, such as military, police or government. In his case the background and security checks should be quick and easy. However I have no idea what they check or how they check it other than using third parties and other government organizations.

chints3

Sep 3, 2018
A couple of October people on the What's App groups (I can't remember which one) have either gotten notice of an interview or had a phone interview. None of them had received the pre-arrival email before they got the notice or interview. From what I understand pre-arrival means the principal applicant has met eligibility which I assume (hope) means that the agent is satisfied that the marriage is legitimate. If you look at the definition in My CIC (GC KEY) it says something to the effect that the PA meets the eligibility requirements for the visa that is being applied for).

I would have guessed if any of our spouses needed an interview we would have heard by now, but until my husband gets decision made and passport request I can't completely relax.

I don't know if an interview could be requested after pre arrival email. The only thing I can think of is if something came up during the security or background check that raised a flag. In my husband's case he has not travelled outside of India nor has he worked in any of the jobs that raise flags, such as military, police or government. In his case the background and security checks should be quick and easy. However I have no idea what they check or how they check it other than using third parties and other government organizations.
Do you mean in Review of Eligibility when you say definition in MY CIC ( GC KEY) ?

BlueRodeoFan

Star Member
Aug 26, 2017
Do you mean in Review of Eligibility when you say definition in MY CIC ( GC KEY) ?
Yes, if you click on the question mark at the end of the field. The reason I'm extra concerned is we have a red flag, I'm older than my husband. However I tried to mitigate that by the evidence of the validity of our marriage in the application that was sent (eg. letters from friends on both sides, pictures, etc.). I'm hoping that because he received the pre-arrival email that it means the agent was convinced that our marriage is legitimate, which of course it is. I'm also assuming that if the agent wasn't convinced we would have heard something by now, such as request for more information or interview.

BlueRodeoFan

Star Member
Aug 26, 2017
They are not from kerela or do they have special case or just nirmal straight forward case?
I'm not sure I understand your question. One of my observations it seemed that shortly after we got the pre-arrival on 21 August it seemed that NDVO stopped working on October applicants to provide decisions on Kerela applicants (around 22 or 23 August). Then last week they resumed October applicants at an increasing rate. However several people (including my husband) who received the first pre-arrival emails for October have not heard anything since. That is why I'm wondering if the agent was pulled to work on the Kerela applications and then forgot to return to our files to finish them off.

chints3

Sep 3, 2018
Yes, if you click on the question mark at the end of the field. The reason I'm extra concerned is we have a red flag, I'm older than my husband. However I tried to mitigate that by the evidence of the validity of our marriage in the application that was sent (eg. letters from friends on both sides, pictures, etc.). I'm hoping that because he received the pre-arrival email that it means the agent was convinced that our marriage is legitimate, which of course it is. I'm also assuming that if the agent wasn't convinced we would have heard something by now, such as request for more information or interview.
Are you able to provide some example cause I dont know how does it looks like ? I checked and there is no anything. Only if possible