New Delhi (NDVO) 2017 - Spousal Sponsorship Outside Canada

SHEiKH_000

Star Member
May 23, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NDVO
Thursday (30 July) was when I sent the enquiry. The response I received was that they would be contacting IRCC and let me know the outcome. I haven't heard anything yet but hopefully this week. If I don't have an update by Thursday I will give them a call.
Good idea on doing MP enquiry! Keep us posted on what they say. Good luck :)

bakkad2

Apr 8, 2018
Guys - Quick question.

Jan 22,2018 applicant.
PCC submitted in May,2018.
Medical done on 29th June.
File transferred to NDVO - 22nd August

Today I checked ECAS and it shows “We started processing your application on August 31, 2018.”

Is 31st August AOR2? Or I should expect another email for that?

GC Key status- We are processing your background check.

lea1113

Star Member
Dec 10, 2016
App. Filed.......
10-11-2017
Hello @lea1113 ,

I am Nov27th Applicant. Our Background was in-process since it got transferred to NDVO (5th March) and then ECAS of PA was set in progress (19th March). No update after that.. I saw one post few weeks back, that on 28th Nov applicant got DM & PPR. And one NOV applicant got a Phone call from CIC for some verification on their file.

I dont know, when they gonna start sending out Pre-arrivals/DM/PPR for NOV applicants..

Good Luck!
Thank you so much for the response @HereforPR

It just worries me as they haven't started his BGC and still states additional docs needed me. I have seen many people already have they BGC so I'm worried as to why they haven't started ours.
I also sent 2 emails to NDVO in regards to the additional documents but still haven't received any email back. I know we are still within the timeframe but I just don't want to miss anything. So hopefully they just haven't removed that from our account?

I called CIC twice to make sure everything was good on this end of the offices and it was. But you know those agents tell something different each time.

I really just worry as to why his BGC hasn't been started. I heard that can take months...I just hope we aren't delayed past the 12 months. Sigh.

Good luck to you as well!

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Any updates to NDVO done by applicant reaches too late, Main reason I guess is that it has to go thru many desks or channels and the concerned clerk or officer keeps on asking docs etc, while you have already sent those

VG2014

Star Member
Jun 17, 2014
Just curious, if someone can share experiences about what a CIC/NDVO phone interview is like - number they call from, what sort of questions they ask, do they identify themselves from NDVO, is there a prior notice about phone interview etc?

HereforPR

Star Member
Nov 28, 2016
Category........
Other
Thank you so much for the response @HereforPR

It just worries me as they haven't started his BGC and still states additional docs needed me. I have seen many people already have they BGC so I'm worried as to why they haven't started ours.
I also sent 2 emails to NDVO in regards to the additional documents but still haven't received any email back. I know we are still within the timeframe but I just don't want to miss anything. So hopefully they just haven't removed that from our account?

I called CIC twice to make sure everything was good on this end of the offices and it was. But you know those agents tell something different each time.

I really just worry as to why his BGC hasn't been started. I heard that can take months...I just hope we aren't delayed past the 12 months. Sigh.

Good luck to you as well!
Hello @lea1113 ,

Usually, BG status changes to "In process" at very end. But from what I observer so far, is for all applicants who got their AOR1 in 2018, their BG status changed to "in process" from the day their file got transferred to NDVO. But agiain

Secondly, Are you seeing "additional documents needed" on ecas or in GCKey? As if its on Ecas, then its normal. From How long you seeing additional documents needed?
Also, try calling CIC again on this, until they reply with similar answer. Sometimes rep' dont bother going through your file and they reply generically.

Good Luck!

satbsi

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi / Warsraw WVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2014
Nomination.....
14-02-2015
AOR Received.
26-03-2015
File Transfer...
21-05-2015
Med's Request
27-05-2015
Med's Done....
30-05-2015, Uploaded 03-06-2015, TLU 10-06-2015
Passport Req..
Not Yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Not Yet
Any update on November 2017 applicants ?
Did NDVO started giving PPR/DM for Nov 2017 candidates?

Kangaroolove

Sep 5, 2018
I was a silent reader in this forum. I am sponsoring my wife from India and my application was sent on December 6th 2017. I was patiently waiting for December 2018 hoping my papers would be done by then. Yesterday one of my friends who was sponsoring his wife got Passport request. The irony is that he applied on April 2018. All the paper works was done within 4 months. Have anyone heard about such a good luck.. and honestly I am a little envious too.. but it is really a miracle. God bless his family

BlueRodeoFan

Star Member
Aug 26, 2017
I was a silent reader in this forum. I am sponsoring my wife from India and my application was sent on December 6th 2017. I was patiently waiting for December 2018 hoping my papers would be done by then. Yesterday one of my friends who was sponsoring his wife got Passport request. The irony is that he applied on April 2018. All the paper works was done within 4 months. Have anyone heard about such a good luck.. and honestly I am a little envious too.. but it is really a miracle. God bless his family
Is your friend also sponsoring their spouse from India and if yes would that spouse be from Kerela?

bharucha

Star Member
Jun 5, 2015
BRAMPTON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
App. Filed.......
13-02-2018
AOR Received.
27-03-2018
File Transfer...
01-06-2018
Med's Request
29-03-2018
Med's Done....
12-04-2018
Yes.. he is from Kerala. Applied by himself.. on April 18, 2018. Passport request was in his spam email since August 27th but he found out only yesterday
Congratulations to your friend but no hard feelings for your friend, this is unfair to other applicants who are waiting for more then 8-10 months and no action been taken and they just started handing out the PPR to Kerala because of their natural disaster.
My only question is, if they can process those application in just 4 month, why not they can do the same things for other application?

Kangaroolove

Sep 5, 2018
Congratulations to your friend but no hard feelings for your friend, this is unfair to other applicants who are waiting for more then 8-10 months and no action been taken and they just started handing out the PPR to Kerala because of their natural disaster.
My only question is, if they can process those application in just 4 month, why not they can do the same things for other application?
I strongly disagree to that.. it is not due to the natural disaster in Kerala that fastened his process. Including me I know more than 12 applicants from same local area in Kerala and waiting for the passport request. It was solely based on his luck

bharucha

Star Member
Jun 5, 2015
BRAMPTON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
App. Filed.......
13-02-2018
AOR Received.
27-03-2018
File Transfer...
01-06-2018
Med's Request
29-03-2018
Med's Done....
12-04-2018
I strongly disagree to that.. it is not due to the natural disaster in Kerala that fastened his process. Including me I know more than 12 applicants from same local area in Kerala and waiting for the passport request. It was solely based on his luck
Actually two more applicants (March 2018 & April 2018) from Kerala got the PPR as well

BlueRodeoFan

Star Member
Aug 26, 2017
I believe it was the flooding that is causing the fast track otherwise why would just Kerala people be lucky? No other locations in India have been fast tracked. Just because some Kerala applicants have not yet gotten their PPR doesn't mean that the files aren't being worked on. If I were to speculate they have pulled a couple of agents off of the regular rotation to work on the Kerala applicants and are handing out the PPR requests once all the information has been received so they can make the decision. If I was to speculate further I believe the agent(s) that are now working on those Kerala files was the one of the ones working on my husband's and several others who received the pre arrival email on 21 August and nothing since. It was just after 21 August that the Kerala files started to receive PPR. Every other October applicant that has received the pre arrival email, except for 9, has had their status updated to decision made on the same day or next day and received PPR a day or two later.

Personally I have no issues with the fast tracking for humanitarian reasons, however that should not also mean that other people should suffer who have waited patiently for their turn.

Kangaroolove

Sep 5, 2018
Actually two more applicants (March 2018 & April 2018) from Kerala got the PPR as well
Well, maybe the officer who received the march/April application was that competent to complete it that fast. But there are so many Keralites here waiting for 10-11 months for their paper works to be done. So it is hard to believe the natural disaster has accelerated the process.