+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Delhi (NDVO) 2017 - Spousal Sponsorship Outside Canada

BlueRodeoFan

Star Member
Aug 26, 2017
If receiving the pre-arrival email means that eligibility has passed. What exactly does that mean? Does it mean that the agent believes the marriage is legitimate and that there should not be a possibility of an interview relating to the relationship, unless something comes up during security/background checks? If an interview is required then it might be more related to something that raised a flag relating to the PA and not necessarily a question relating to the marriage.

The reason I'm asking is my husband received the pre-arrival on 21 August and nothing since. Status is still in progress. As far as I can see there isn't a reason for the security or background check to be taking this long as he's never travelled outside India nor has he worked in any of the red flagged jobs, such as government, military or police (he works in hospitality). I have asked my Member of Parliament to check as I'm worried that perhaps the agent who is working on my file and a few others who are also in the same situation, was pulled to work on other files and simply forgot to finish ours.

It is kind of frustrating to see that the normal pattern for NDVO (at least from what I`ve observed in the various What`s App groups) has been pre-arrival and often decision made the same day or next followed by PPR a day or two after that is being followed for most of the October applicants that have received updates and about 4 (probably more) who received the pre-arrival on 21 August not getting any further updates.

Reactions: Saumyazubeer

BlueRodeoFan

Star Member
Aug 26, 2017
Still showing in process. Is there any other way to check status who can’t connect to gckey.
I`m in the same situation as you, my husband received the pre-arrival on 21 August and nothing since. There really isn`t anything in GC Key that will give you a status update. Decision Made is only in ECAS and from what I`ve read on here GC KEY isn`t updated with the decision until after the passport has been returned. Also if I understand it correct PPR is sent via email and is not send through GC KEY. Basically, again from my understanding once you receive the pre arrival email which is sent via GC KEY then there really isn`t anything to check there other than when they return your passport (I believe a field is added when the passport is received by NDVO and updated when it is returned). However as my husband hasn`t received PPR I cannot confirm if that is true or not.

For me nothing has changed in GC KEY since my husband got his pre-arrival email.

Reactions: Saumyazubeer

Saumyazubeer

Star Member
Aug 22, 2018
If receiving the pre-arrival email means that eligibility has passed. What exactly does that mean? Does it mean that the agent believes the marriage is legitimate and that there should not be a possibility of an interview relating to the relationship, unless something comes up during security/background checks? If an interview is required then it might be more related to something that raised a flag relating to the PA and not necessarily a question relating to the marriage.

The reason I'm asking is my husband received the pre-arrival on 21 August and nothing since. Status is still in progress. As far as I can see there isn't a reason for the security or background check to be taking this long as he's never travelled outside India nor has he worked in any of the red flagged jobs, such as government, military or police (he works in hospitality). I have asked my Member of Parliament to check as I'm worried that perhaps the agent who is working on my file and a few others who are also in the same situation, was pulled to work on other files and simply forgot to finish ours.

It is kind of frustrating to see that the normal pattern for NDVO (at least from what I`ve observed in the various What`s App groups) has been pre-arrival and often decision made the same day or next followed by PPR a day or two after that is being followed for most of the October applicants that have received updates and about 4 (probably more) who received the pre-arrival on 21 August not getting any further updates.
No have these issue no updates after prearrival letter

Saumyazubeer

Star Member
Aug 22, 2018
I`m in the same situation as you, my husband received the pre-arrival on 21 August and nothing since. There really isn`t anything in GC Key that will give you a status update. Decision Made is only in ECAS and from what I`ve read on here GC KEY isn`t updated with the decision until after the passport has been returned. Also if I understand it correct PPR is sent via email and is not send through GC KEY. Basically, again from my understanding once you receive the pre arrival email which is sent via GC KEY then there really isn`t anything to check there other than when they return your passport (I believe a field is added when the passport is received by NDVO and updated when it is returned). However as my husband hasn`t received PPR I cannot confirm if that is true or not.

For me nothing has changed in GC KEY since my husband got his pre-arrival email.
Same here

ricky4u

Aug 2, 2018
hello guys pls any body can help me today i got an interview email pls any body can tell me what i can do now like any other person got this type of an email ? pls guys help me i need to worry about it or is that normal plsss if any body was face this kind of thing pls let me know what will b held in interview

RA143

Apr 4, 2018
hello guys pls any body can help me today i got an interview email pls any body can tell me what i can do now like any other person got this type of an email ? pls guys help me i need to worry about it or is that normal plsss if any body was face this kind of thing pls let me know what will b held in interview
Look at your case why they have given interview.?? Like first spouse in canada have pr or citizen ?? Any age gap ?? Education gap ?? Intercaste marriage ? Married before long time ?? Second mrg for sponser and applicant ??

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
hello guys pls any body can help me today i got an interview email pls any body can tell me what i can do now like any other person got this type of an email ? pls guys help me i need to worr out it or is that normal plsss if any body was face this kind of thing pls let me know what will b held in interview
Could you share or e-mail your details ,like timelines and as asked by Ricky?

Gurpreet Sidhu

Star Member
May 8, 2018
May be tomorrow , my friend applied for his wife on March medical done by April PAL last week PPR after 2 days so lucky. So cross your fingers and pray. Within 6 months they got everything
Hopefully i will get it tomorrow fingers cross i am wating from long time its really hard to wait

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
OK keep us informed so we can gather knowledge and give you Congrats later!

vp21

Sep 2, 2018
Hello Everyone, I am applicant AOR 1 21 Sept 2017. I have got Email regarding Interview at New Delhi. I did marriage with close friends and family in temple. I did put up file with pics and all. Then i went India in Feb 2018 for big function of marriage and reception. But i did not inform immigration at that time. In interview should i inform about marriage again in February or not? will it be negative in my case? Reception is good i can show pics and everything. I have everything last 12 months call records and whatsapp chat history. any suggestions or advise please. what i should be aware of? Thanks in advance

lea1113

Star Member
Dec 10, 2016
App. Filed.......
10-11-2017
Anybody from November here?

Our app was received on Nov 10th.
And I'm just curious if anyone else is around the same timeline and can tell me if your BGC started?
Our online account is still saying additional documents required and BGC hasn't started yet. Its been like this since end of Feb when it was transferred to NdVo. Anybody else?