+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New baby born after i got my Visa and COPR

Kumar julka

Dec 27, 2021
Hello
We had received our first COPR during the pandemic in 2020 and we could not travel then. After waiting for over a year we got the remedical request in 2021 around May followed by passport request and got our extended COPR restamped that are valid till May 2022. However, we were blessed with a baby boy in September which is after the stamping of COPR. We raised a webform around November 10 to inform IRCC about the family status update and added baby's birth certificate and passport copy as well. A week later we got a response saying they have verified the documents and we should see it updated on our profile shortly. Its been 4 months and there has not been updaet since then.
We raised multiple webforms but no luck. My wife is the primary applicant, while i have a offer letter from a Canada firm with joining date in June, I raised a webform informting the same to IRCC along with my offer letter but still no response. We have also raised a request for GCMS notes and have not heard about the same 2 months.

Can anyone suggest on what can be done next ? can we proactively fill form mm0008, imm5406 and pay fees for the baby ?
Can I along with my wife travel to Canada with the current COPR and my wife can come back the same day to the baby and I can stay back ?

Very frustrating times and the worst is IRCC is not responding to anything. I see some people getting responses from IRCC even in this forum, not sure why the delay with our case.
I am in the same boat Got COPR passport request on 26 apr 2021 and baby was due in June 2021. i informed ircc via web form that we want to deliver baby in India as it would not be possible to travel during pregnancy. but they still stamped the passports and baby arrived in June.
informed Ircc with baby passport and fee requesting to add dependent. but its been 10 months that they have nt added even after multiple requests.
Let me know if you got a reply

prrem1

Star Member
Oct 26, 2018
To benefit others posting here again on the latest update. Since many have been messaging me, please use this first comment first as I will not be able to provide any specific questions related to your case.
IRCC finally came back first week of June 2022, requesting for police verification in our case it was FBI(residing in the US). Once it was uploaded the. next step was to retake the medicals. As of today June 30th 2022. The latest update that I see in mycic/dashboard is "Review of medical results - June 17, 2022:You passed the medical exam."

I expect the next step from them could be requesting passport to be mailed for COPR. The re-process exactly started April 2021.

Note: We already had our COPR done in Jan 2020 but could not travel because of Covid and then followed by baby born dec 2020. So I requested to add baby before travel.

LKhan

Feb 28, 2021
Hello

Just wanted to share my experience so far in the event it may help any others.

I received COPR in September 2022. I gave birth in November. I informed IRCC via my VO mailbox last week and within 2 days received a personal response advising that my current COPR would be cancelled and my file reopened in order to add my child.
The next day my IRCC account was updated, my dependent was listed and I received a letter requesting certain documents to upload.

I am now in the processing of collecting the documents to upload, but so far I am impressed with the quick responsiveness and it seems that the process may be more straightforward than I expected.

Reactions: YVR123

Kumar julka

Dec 27, 2021
Hello

Just wanted to share my experience so far in the event it may help any others.

I received COPR in September 2022. I gave birth in November. I informed IRCC via my VO mailbox last week and within 2 days received a personal response advising that my current COPR would be cancelled and my file reopened in order to add my child.
The next day my IRCC account was updated, my dependent was listed and I received a letter requesting certain documents to upload.

I am now in the processing of collecting the documents to upload, but so far I am impressed with the quick responsiveness and it seems that the process may be more straightforward than I expected.
Thankyou for your experience
I am in the same boat from June 2021 but still my baby is not added to my file and file is not reopened.
I received COPR in May 2021 and baby was born in June 2021. i have raised multiple web forms and even tried to Contact Canada embassy in new delhi but with no fruitful outcome.Been getting similar replies of webforms that they have forwarded all the documents to concerned officer and will be added to file shortly.
If you could please tell how to contact IRCC VO Mailbox and what documents you attached and from which Local office your file was being processed.
Any help will be appreciated
Thankyou

LKhan

Feb 28, 2021
Thankyou for your experience
I am in the same boat from June 2021 but still my baby is not added to my file and file is not reopened.
I received COPR in May 2021 and baby was born in June 2021. i have raised multiple web forms and even tried to Contact Canada embassy in new delhi but with no fruitful outcome.Been getting similar replies of webforms that they have forwarded all the documents to concerned officer and will be added to file shortly.
If you could please tell how to contact IRCC VO Mailbox and what documents you attached and from which Local office your file was being processed.
Any help will be appreciated
Thankyou
Hi Kumar.
I wrote a letter of explanation advising of the birth and attached the following documents along with it:
-infants passport
-infants birth certificate
-receipt of payment to add new dependent (CAD $230)
-updated proof of means of financial support
-updated IMM 5406
-updated IMM 0008

I sent this to the Montreal VO mailbox as this was my VO. I also raised a webform informing including this same information.

2 days later a verification officer emailed me, cancelled my first COPR and requested the following:
- medical for infant
-passport photo for infant
- declaration by non accompanying parent

My online account was opened to add these attachments. I uploaded the requested documents within one week. 3 days later I received a new email saying my documents were received and my application had been finalized. I received a new RFV later that day.

The process was very straightforward. I recommend you try the above steps and email your VO mailbox directly, with your application number and "Change in Circumstances" in the title of your email so it is clear.

All the best

Reactions: YVR123

sam120

Mar 26, 2019
Hi Kumar.
I wrote a letter of explanation advising of the birth and attached the following documents along with it:
-infants passport
-infants birth certificate
-receipt of payment to add new dependent (CAD $230)
-updated proof of means of financial support
-updated IMM 5406
-updated IMM 0008

I sent this to the Montreal VO mailbox as this was my VO. I also raised a webform informing including this same information.

2 days later a verification officer emailed me, cancelled my first COPR and requested the following:
- medical for infant
-passport photo for infant
- declaration by non accompanying parent

My online account was opened to add these attachments. I uploaded the requested documents within one week. 3 days later I received a new email saying my documents were received and my application had been finalized. I received a new RFV later that day.

The process was very straightforward. I recommend you try the above steps and email your VO mailbox directly, with your application number and "Change in Circumstances" in the title of your email so it is clear.

All the best

MY VO is Ottawa, I am not sure how I can write to mailbox, can you explain the step further thanks. I am going to raise the webform for new born

Feb 19, 2024
You should submit everything AFTER the child is born. Until the child is actually born, there is no change in the application status.

It will add to the processing time for the application as a whole but they will not reprocess the applicants that have been done already.

How long it will take and whether new medical examinations will be requested, I cannot say.
Hello everyone,
I am blessed with baby on 11 January 2024. And i got my ppr for fswp on 26 January 2024. It was written in ppr to declare all dependants. My wife and my baby is not accompanying me to canada. On 8 February 2024 I submitted all the documents for my baby like passport photocopies, birth certificate, funds, e medical, non accompanying certificate and photographs along with my original passport and two photographs for visa stamping and copr.

But on 23 February 2024 I received a letter from cic that they cancelled my copr and visa counterfoil. They reopened my application and said new decision will be rendered on addition of my baby after eligibility and assessment.

Now my questions are:-
1. What will be the new decision??
2. Will they again check my eligibility and do background check or will they just check the baby documents ??
3. Will they return my unstamped passport back to me or will they keep it with themselves at ircc new delhi for new visa stamping after new ppr??