+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New baby born after i got my Visa and COPR

pranaam

Mar 9, 2020
Thank you for the detailed steps on how to proceed in situations like these. I am in the same boat as well, our baby was born in November 2019 after the COPR issunace in October 2019, our COPR and medical expire on March 20 2020. We have raised a CSE on IRCC asking what to do in this scenario but didn't hear back yet, we were planning to submit all the required documents like you suggested via another CSE and see if they get to it. My concern is we have only a month for the COPR to expire and we do not want to show up for landing without adding our daughter as dependent, but however looking at your timeline it may take them time to get back to us and if they even do ask for submitting all our passports in three weeks, there is no way we can go before the original expiry date, so what will be our situation in terms of getting a valid COPR with additional dependents added and go for landing. Any help and input is appreciated.
Can you please share some updates about your status.. I am in similar situation with COPR expiring in April mid 2020 and have to add newborn baby..

Volverine26

Apr 6, 2019
We did the COPR landing in June 2019 and received our PR cards. We are in US on H1b visa. We had our child born two months back and we plan to move to Canada next year in Dec 2021. Can we apply for PR card for our child from US before we move to Canada? How can I inform IRCC of the birth of the child to get the PR process started? Thanks in advance.

bluffmaster88

Jun 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We did the COPR landing in June 2019 and received our PR cards. We are in US on H1b visa. We had our child born two months back and we plan to move to Canada next year in Dec 2021. Can we apply for PR card for our child from US before we move to Canada? How can I inform IRCC of the birth of the child to get the PR process started? Thanks in advance.
One of the parents should stay in Canada while submitting and through out the processing of sponsorship application. You can apply for sponsorship from outside Canada, only if you are a citizen.

Since the child is US citizen, you can enter bring him/her as visitor using US passport. Then you can submit inland sponsorship once you are here. Only downside in this is that you have to bear medical expenses until PR is approved. You can get insurance for emergency medical issues.

Volverine26

Apr 6, 2019
One of the parents should stay in Canada while submitting and through out the processing of sponsorship application. You can apply for sponsorship from outside Canada, only if you are a citizen.

Since the child is US citizen, you can enter bring him/her as visitor using US passport. Then you can submit inland sponsorship once you are here. Only downside in this is that you have to bear medical expenses until PR is approved. You can get insurance for emergency medical issues.

Thanks. Would you know how long a US Citizen can stay in Canada? It might take 6+ months to get the child added to the PR.

bluffmaster88

Jun 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks. Would you know how long a US Citizen can stay in Canada? It might take 6+ months to get the child added to the PR.
Same as any visitor. 6 months. However, once you are inside Canada, you can apply for extension near to the expiry date of visitor permit.

prrem1

Star Member
Oct 26, 2018
We are in the same situation, COPR expired have a new born and trying to add him. I have already wrote to cic use the webform and waiting for the next steps.
I do not have the option to upload any of the documents since the application is finalized.
I have two questions,

1. New born medicals - Do I need to get medicals for the baby from the panel physician mentioned or can I get this from my pediatrician ?
2. Do I need to fill both Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008) & Additional Dependants/Declaration (IMM 0008DEP) or just the IMM 0008DEP ?

Thanks

frenchsome

Jun 24, 2021
urgent: situation has changed now.IRCC has sent me a remedical mail and asked me and my spouse to complete medicals before 30days.Meanwhile I was pregnant and ran into labour and delivered my first kid yesterday.currently I am unable to do medicals.what shall I do.. have time only til November 13th.should I inform regarding newborn and ask for more time to do medicals

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
urgent: situation has changed now.IRCC has sent me a remedical mail and asked me and my spouse to complete medicals before 30days.Meanwhile I was pregnant and ran into labour and delivered my first kid yesterday.currently I am unable to do medicals.what shall I do.. have time only til November 13th.should I inform regarding newborn and ask for more time to do medicals
Contact the visa post and explain the situation.

HKN965

Nov 10, 2021
We are in the same situation, COPR expired have a new born and trying to add him. I have already wrote to cic use the webform and waiting for the next steps.
I do not have the option to upload any of the documents since the application is finalized.
I have two questions,

1. New born medicals - Do I need to get medicals for the baby from the panel physician mentioned or can I get this from my pediatrician ?
2. Do I need to fill both Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008) & Additional Dependants/Declaration (IMM 0008DEP) or just the IMM 0008DEP ?

Thanks
Hello Dear,

Would you please share your experience and how things went after writing this post?

HKN965

Nov 10, 2021
Hello Dear,

Did you get any reply afterwards? Hope things got solved with you.

HKN965

Nov 10, 2021
I have two questions,

Thanks
Hello,

Would you please share what happened with your application afterwards? Hope things got solved already.

saeed000

Jan 20, 2018
I got my Visa and COPR last week.
Me and my wife are expecting our 2nd baby in first week of Nov 2018.
I raised an enquiry and intimated the same online to Canadian High Commission, New Delhi.
i got a reply asking me to submit my passport and COPR as i was planning to travel to canada in Jan 2019 which falls after the birth of my child.
Also they have asked me to submit following:
- New IMM0008 form.
- Additional family information forms.
- Copy of birth certificate
- Copy of passport of your child

Now, do i have to submit passport and COPR immediately and rest of the docs after the childs birth or how?
Will the whole process start once again for all family members including mine?
Will my visa validity will increase? asking this because i have 3 months notice period to server in my present organisation and if the above process take more than months time from birth of child, and after i receive my new visa and then i resign the by the time my notice period gets over my visa validity will expire.

Please share details if someone has faced this situation before or have knowledge of the same.
Hi Francis, we are in a similar situation now. It would be of a great help if you can please share about how you fixed the issue. If our child is born outside of Canada and my spouse already have her passport stamped, will we still be able to include our child into the application? If so, what if my wife’s COPR gets expired while my child’s application is in progress? Will she be able to renew her expired COPR? Or be required to enter Canada without our child to have her PR card? Please let me know what our actions should be. Thanks.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi Francis, we are in a similar situation now. It would be of a great help if you can please share about how you fixed the issue. If our child is born outside of Canada and my spouse already have her passport stamped, will we still be able to include our child into the application? If so, what if my wife’s COPR gets expired while my child’s application is in progress? Will she be able to renew her expired COPR? Or be required to enter Canada without our child to have her PR card? Please let me know what our actions should be. Thanks.
Did your wife got the COPR from spousal sponsorship?

If your wife doesn't land before the child is born, you NEED to inform IRCC and add the child in the application. (assuming that the child is not born in Canada) The COPR cannot be used to land. They will issue new COPR for your wife and child when the process is completed. (medical, PPR for your child...etc)
It's a pretty common question in family sponsorship discussions:

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/forums/family-class-sponsorship.5/

Reactions: saeed000

saeed000

Jan 20, 2018
Did your wife got the COPR from spousal sponsorship?

If your wife doesn't land before the child is born, you NEED to inform IRCC and add the child in the application. (assuming that the child is not born in Canada) The COPR cannot be used to land. They will issue new COPR for your wife and child when the process is completed. (medical, PPR for your child...etc)
It's a pretty common question in family sponsorship discussions:

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/forums/family-class-sponsorship.5/
Thanks for sharing the information. She is still waiting for the COPR through spousal sponsorship.