Feb 1, 2017
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
ottawa
Med's Done....
Upfront
---------------Solved case with Same Situation----------

I received my PR Card & My spouse has received Visa in start of November,2021 but we had a baby on 30th November 2021, I informed IRCC & they asked for passport & other documents in the first week of December 2021. Everything was submitted within a week and they sent a medical request by November 25th, 2021. I have done medicals of our infant and submitted on IOM on January 21st, 2022 and then after 3 to 4 follow ups I was given Infant's passport request on Feb 8th, 2022.

Hope this helps you!

Last edited:

luckj

Mar 7, 2022
---------------Solved case with Same Situation----------

I received my PR Card & My spouse has received Visa in start of November,2021 but we had a baby on 30th November 2021, I informed IRCC & they asked for passport & other documents in the first week of December 2021. Everything was submitted within a week and they sent a medical request by November 25th, 2021. I have done medicals of our infant and submitted on IOM on January 21st, 2022 and then after 3 to 4 follow ups I was given Infant's passport request on Feb 8th, 2022.

Hope this helps you!
Hi willi_mian,

I received my COPR on 5th of March 2022. I expect to deliver my baby in my home country at the end of May 2022. How do I inform IRCC about the current condition. Is their any e mail or web form to do so? And do we have to inform about the condition before the delivery or after the delivery.

Expecting your kind reply.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi willi_mian,

I received my COPR on 5th of March 2022. I expect to deliver my baby in my home country at the end of May 2022. How do I inform IRCC about the current condition. Is their any e mail or web form to do so? And do we have to inform about the condition before the delivery or after the delivery.

Expecting your kind reply.
You didn't mention if you were being sponsored by your spouse or applied as family via other economic stream.

In either case, you cannot land with your current COPR. Once you have your baby, you need to inform IRCC to add this child to your application as a depedent. The child will need to go through medical, background check (not much background for a new born) and then they will issue new COPR for the whole family after.

luckj

Mar 7, 2022
You didn't mention if you were being sponsored by your spouse or applied as family via other economic stream.

In either case, you cannot land with your current COPR. Once you have your baby, you need to inform IRCC to add this child to your application as a depedent. The child will need to go through medical, background check (not much background for a new born) and then they will issue new COPR for the whole family after.
Hi YVR,

Thank you for clarifying.
We applied via express entry as a family. Do you have an idea about the time lines of adding a new dependent to the application. Because of Covid will it drag more than 6 months. I am worrying about whether we will not be able to land before the medical expires. (Which is due in Jan 2023).

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi YVR,

Thank you for clarifying.
We applied via express entry as a family. Do you have an idea about the time lines of adding a new dependent to the application. Because of Covid will it drag more than 6 months. I am worrying about whether we will not be able to land before the medical expires. (Which is due in Jan 2023).
Check the express entry section of the forum and see the trend.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/forums/express-entry-expression-of-interest.54/

saabg

Star Member
Oct 17, 2018
Hi everyone… need help as bit confused….
I have been blessed with boy in jan 2022 when i was waiting for passport request mail.
I have informed IRCC about my new born son in first week of feb 2022 along with birth certificate But no reply from ircc till today.
I got my COPR in march 2022 for me only(as main application with my wife and my daughter( both non accompanying) name under dependent list but my son name has not been written on that.
can ifly to canada with my current copr? As i have already informed about my new child to ircc through web form
Or what yo to do instead?

thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: Kalyan1711

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
I have been blessed with boy in jan 2022 when i was waiting for passport request mail.
I have informed IRCC about my new born son in first week of feb 2022 along with birth certificate But no reply from ircc till today.
I got my COPR in march 2022 for me only(as main application with my wife and my daughter( both non accompanying) name under dependent list but my son name has not been written on that.
can ifly to canada with my current copr? As i have already informed about my new child to ircc through web form

thanks
Again, do not land COPR that do not have updated information. Try to contact IRCC again and until your son has gone through medical and be included in the new COPRs, do not travel to Canada with the current COPRs. If you do, your son will be excluded in the family sponsorship class and cannot become a PR under your sponsorship in the future.

IRCC usually take months to add a dependent. I suggest you to check your specific stream and even your visa office in this forum to see trend of processing time.

Reactions: saabg

saabg

Star Member
Oct 17, 2018
Again, do not land COPR that do not have updated information. Try to contact IRCC again and until your son has gone through medical and be included in the new COPRs, do not travel to Canada with the current COPRs. If you do, your son will be excluded in the family sponsorship class and cannot become a PR under your sponsorship in the future.

IRCC usually take months to add a dependent. I suggest you to check your specific stream and even your visa office in this forum to see trend of processing time.
thanks dor your time brother…
I have already applied for passport for my son… once i receive it …how can i do the medical for him with request from IRCC. And is it possible to upload document (passport and medical report) in my online account on ircc website as my application has been finalised already.
My agent is saying as we have already informed ircc about my son and that to before receiving copr. Now is the responsibility of canadian immigration to update info in their system…. Agent asked me to book tickets and go…
Now in big doubt what to do?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
thanks dor your time brother…
I have already applied for passport for my son… once i receive it …how can i do the medical for him with request from IRCC. And is it possible to upload document (passport and medical report) in my online account on ircc website as my application has been finalised already.
My agent is saying as we have already informed ircc about my son and that to before receiving copr. Now is the responsibility of canadian immigration to update info in their system…. Agent asked me to book tickets and go…
Now in big doubt what to do?
So you agent is telling you to not wait for updated COPR/instruction from IRCC?

I don't know how you can update our online account. Since you have an agent/representative, he should handle that for you.

saabg

Star Member
Oct 17, 2018
So you agent is telling you to not wait for updated COPR/instruction from IRCC?

I don't know how you can update our online account. Since you have an agent/representative, he should handle that for you.
yes agent says i should go now

i mean can he be able to upload document on gic account or not?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
yes agent says i should go now

i mean can he be able to upload document on gic account or not?
I disagree with what your agent said. But it's up to you. You should check with others that applied via the same immigration stream. There are rules for different route (refugee vs PNP vs spousal sponsorship...etc)

Kalyan1711

Feb 5, 2019

thanks

@saabg : I am going thru a same journey as yours..

we were blessed with baby girl in nov 2021 and I got the passport and medicals done and then submitted them to ircc via webform , after couple of days I got my copr on 25th FEB and but that dint include my new baby details.... As aid above I am going thru the same journey as your, just that IRCC took a step forward and asked me to update the application with imm0008, imm5406 with updated details... And now I am worried abt the timeline... How long will ircc takes to update on back with next passport request...

saadsaiyed

Mar 31, 2022
Hello
We had received our first COPR during the pandemic in 2020 and we could not travel then. After waiting for over a year we got the remedical request in 2021 around May followed by passport request and got our extended COPR restamped that are valid till May 2022. However, we were blessed with a baby boy in September which is after the stamping of COPR. We raised a webform around November 10 to inform IRCC about the family status update and added baby's birth certificate and passport copy as well. A week later we got a response saying they have verified the documents and we should see it updated on our profile shortly. Its been 4 months and there has not been updaet since then.
We raised multiple webforms but no luck. My wife is the primary applicant, while i have a offer letter from a Canada firm with joining date in June, I raised a webform informting the same to IRCC along with my offer letter but still no response. We have also raised a request for GCMS notes and have not heard about the same 2 months.

Can anyone suggest on what can be done next ? can we proactively fill form mm0008, imm5406 and pay fees for the baby ?
Can I along with my wife travel to Canada with the current COPR and my wife can come back the same day to the baby and I can stay back ?

Very frustrating times and the worst is IRCC is not responding to anything. I see some people getting responses from IRCC even in this forum, not sure why the delay with our case.

Reactions: VictoriousNik

VictoriousNik

Jan 21, 2020
Hello
We had received our first COPR during the pandemic in 2020 and we could not travel then. After waiting for over a year we got the remedical request in 2021 around May followed by passport request and got our extended COPR restamped that are valid till May 2022. However, we were blessed with a baby boy in September which is after the stamping of COPR. We raised a webform around November 10 to inform IRCC about the family status update and added baby's birth certificate and passport copy as well. A week later we got a response saying they have verified the documents and we should see it updated on our profile shortly. Its been 4 months and there has not been updaet since then.
We raised multiple webforms but no luck. My wife is the primary applicant, while i have a offer letter from a Canada firm with joining date in June, I raised a webform informting the same to IRCC along with my offer letter but still no response. We have also raised a request for GCMS notes and have not heard about the same 2 months.

Can anyone suggest on what can be done next ? can we proactively fill form mm0008, imm5406 and pay fees for the baby ?
Can I along with my wife travel to Canada with the current COPR and my wife can come back the same day to the baby and I can stay back ?

Very frustrating times and the worst is IRCC is not responding to anything. I see some people getting responses from IRCC even in this forum, not sure why the delay with our case.
I am in the same boat. Did you receive any response from IRCC? It's been 5 months for me.

saadsaiyed

Mar 31, 2022
I am in the same boat. Did you receive any response from IRCC? It's been 5 months for me.
Hello
Yes i received an update on 11 April(This was in response to one of many webforms i had raised, this was specifically raised in February) with medical request for all 3 of us and a document asking to fill IMM0008 and IMM5406 forms to add dependants.
We comp;leted our medicals on 19 April, updated on the profile with medicals passed on 25 April. Submitted the forms on 21 April.
No update since then.

Hope you ahve received some update by now.