+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NEVER go in for IQAS for your ECA!

subodhp

Jun 19, 2019
Toronto
Hi,
I have got 2 masters - MCom and MBA. However, WES evaluated both as 1 year diploma each. Hence, I am planning to get my credentials evaluated from IQAS in the hope of getting it considered as Masters. Since the two masters are from different universities, I am planning to send only my MCom credentials along with Bcom as they belong to same university. I plan to update WES evaluation for MBA and IQAS for MCom and BCom while filling out EE. What would you suggest and will there be any issues as my earlier WES report contains credential assessment for all 3 degrees?
No issues with regards to only sending your highest degree for evaluation

Check these forums for your specific case to see whether iqas would recognize it or not

Aditis123

Star Member
Feb 17, 2020
Hey ,
My IQAS portal is reflecting Final Review since 7 February. When should i expect my final report? Kindly help me

Pretom Ghosh

Star Member
Feb 3, 2020
Hi everyone, I need a suggestion regarding IQAS ECA. Do I need to send my final certificate to IQAS for my ECA? Or the provisional certificate will do it? Please suggest.

tommyvercetti

Apr 24, 2020
Can anyone tell me where I can check if I university is accredited by IQAS
search internet for your university name and iqas may be you get to some forum where someone applied and posted the results. other than this as far as i know there is no official way to know this

Jun 10, 2020
Hello,

Applying for immigration and honestly, it's total nonsense on the ECA front.

I was led to believe that IQAS would evaluate my law degree correctly. I looked up their FAQ and yes, they did award law degree from India as the Master's equivalent - which would help me get more points.

Hence, I went in for them.

A BIG mistake.

Took more than 2 months to evaluate. And finally, they REFUSED my provisional degree and cancelled the application. The reason they stated was "my degree was not awarded till my convocation takes place". Failed to explain a provisional degree is the same as a final one.

WES, on the other hand, accepts both provisional and final degree - everyone knows provisional degrees are equivalent to final degrees. It's awarded at first by the university and, after a year or two, the final degree certificates get sent.

Sure, WES fuck*d up too - gave me a Dual Bachelors' degree than a Master's one. I got around 7 points less, but the process was much faster. I had to nudge them twice, and they were 2 days late than promised, but they did it, and now I am just waiting for my ITA, with 465 points.

Just wanted to let you guys know to avoid IQAS at all costs. Delayed my process by around 3-4 months in total. Others are worse and take as much as 6 months processing time!

There seems to be no reliable evaluation agency, but if you've to go for one, WES seems to be the best bet.
HI,
Even I have the same situation. WES evaluated my bachelor degree as Canada's 4 years bachelor degree and master degree as postgraduate diploma. i have raised a concerned to WES. So did WES correct your report for masters?

conquror

Dec 29, 2016
Hello guys,
I need help in choosing IQAS and WES for evaluating my degrees and certificates. I have two degrees i.e. B.Com ( 2 years ), M.A Economics (2 years) with ACCA certification. I.e Professional qualification not a degree. Please guide me which one should i choose for points maximum points.

subodhp

Jun 19, 2019
Toronto
Hello soubhik_1992,
Could you please help me with my queries since I have 2 degrees and one is hybrid pgdm.
1. Does iqas requires acedamic request form..I heard from 3rd party agent that many university doesn't sign this form and doesn't courier directly to iqas.
2. Do they accept package from 3rd party agent ..I am thinking of hiring them as my university is in Delhi and I am in Mumbai.
3. Does iqas send eca report to ircc directly like Wes ! Or it's our responsibility to send electronic copy to ircc? How did u process ?
1. If you can send your transcripts with iqas reference number, that should work as well
2. No, it needs to be sent directly by the University/issuing agency. Technically you might be able to get away by having it sent in sealed form. That's what many 3rd party agents do eventually. They procure your transcripts in sealed form and send it to iqas as if sent by University
3. Yes, they send it directly

S M H

Apr 14, 2018
I did my Bachelors (B.E) 4 years and then Masters (MS) 2 years (total 18 years education) but WES evaluated these two degree as Two bachelor's degrees (four years). Is there any way I contact WES to get it evaluated as Masters Equivalent?

Or do I have to get another ECA done through IQAS or some other agency wherein my MS could be considered as Masters. Would really appreciate any response. TIA

Himani Bisht

Aug 8, 2020
Received my ECA in May 2019. IQAS considered my MCom as Masters Program.
Hi, I have a similar situation I have a B.com (hons) and M.com. WES equivalency tool says "3 years Bachelor degree for B.com and 4 years Bachelor Degree for M.com." Does that mean they will not accept M.com as masters instead two bachelor degrees??
This is really confusing. Shall I opt for IQAS straight away? FYI my M.com is from IGNOU.

Maxpandey

Star Member
Mar 3, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Secunderabad
NOC Code......
Hi, I have a similar situation I have a B.com (hons) and M.com. WES equivalency tool says "3 years Bachelor degree for B.com and 4 years Bachelor Degree for M.com." Does that mean they will not accept M.com as masters instead two bachelor degrees??
This is really confusing. Shall I opt for IQAS straight away? FYI my M.com is from IGNOU.
In Majority of the cases WES does not recognized the master’s degree and evaluate as Bachelor’s degree. However, IQAS states that they will provide evaluation as “One-year Master’s Degree” for M. Com/ MA etc. It is worth trying with IQAS for M.Com. Below is the extract from IQAS website. You can check the same for your reference.

Master’s Degree (3+2 years)

Category:
University

Credential Actual Name:

Master’s Degree (3+2 years)

Note: Two-year master’s degrees that require

a four-year bachelor’s degree for admission

are assessed differently.

Credential Alternate Actual Name(s):

Master of Arts (MA)

Master of Commerce (M.Com)

Master of Science (M.Sc.)

Note: These are the most common two-year

master’s degrees following a three-year

bachelor’s degree and do not constitute a

complete list of such programs.

Time Period Credential Offered: Current

Issuing Body: Universities and university-level institutions

Admission Requirements:

•Three-year bachelor’s degree (e.g. BA, B.Com or B.Sc.)

Program Description:

• Two-year university graduate degree program

Provides Access to in the Home Country:

•Employment

• Admission into Master of Philosophy (M.Phil) and doctoral programs

IQAS Recommendations:

A Master’s degree (following the completion of a three-year Bachelor’s degree) generally

compares to the completion of a one-year Master’s degree with a focus in xxx.

Note: The first-year study of a two-year Master’s degree (following the completion of a threeyear

Bachelor’s degree) is considered to be at an undergraduate level.

International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS), Government of Alberta
Page 39 of 56

Anish_9310

Aug 15, 2020
Hello,

Applying for immigration and honestly, it's total nonsense on the ECA front.

I was led to believe that IQAS would evaluate my law degree correctly. I looked up their FAQ and yes, they did award law degree from India as the Master's equivalent - which would help me get more points.

Hence, I went in for them.

A BIG mistake.

Took more than 2 months to evaluate. And finally, they REFUSED my provisional degree and cancelled the application. The reason they stated was "my degree was not awarded till my convocation takes place". Failed to explain a provisional degree is the same as a final one.

WES, on the other hand, accepts both provisional and final degree - everyone knows provisional degrees are equivalent to final degrees. It's awarded at first by the university and, after a year or two, the final degree certificates get sent.

Sure, WES fuck*d up too - gave me a Dual Bachelors' degree than a Master's one. I got around 7 points less, but the process was much faster. I had to nudge them twice, and they were 2 days late than promised, but they did it, and now I am just waiting for my ITA, with 465 points.

Just wanted to let you guys know to avoid IQAS at all costs. Delayed my process by around 3-4 months in total. Others are worse and take as much as 6 months processing time!

There seems to be no reliable evaluation agency, but if you've to go for one, WES seems to be the best bet.
If i had the Final Degree and masters certificate i can go with IQAS right? cause i don't want to loose points.