+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NEVER go in for IQAS for your ECA!

shrgupta

Feb 12, 2021
Hi All,

I have below 2 degrees:
1. Bachelor's of Technology (4 years)
2. Executive management programme from the Indian Institute of Management Calcutta (1 year)

I got my ECA done form WES and I am not satisfied with the final report.
They evaluated it as Bachelor's degree (4 years) and did not consider my executive programme.

Any idea if I get the evaluation done from IQAS, will they consider it as "Two Or more degree certificates"?

Request your help. Thanks!

SAIRAMANZOOR

Apr 11, 2018
Please share with me the assessment body name if someone has done his Bachelor of Law degree assessment as Master degree equvlance?

Rohitsingh23

May 12, 2021
Hi All,

I have below 2 degrees:
1. Bachelor's of Technology (4 years)
2. Executive management programme from the Indian Institute of Management Calcutta (1 year)

I got my ECA done form WES and I am not satisfied with the final report.
They evaluated it as Bachelor's degree (4 years) and did not consider my executive programme.

Any idea if I get the evaluation done from IQAS, will they consider it as "Two Or more degree certificates"?

Request your help. Thanks!
HI @shrgupta , is your second degree same as the post graduate executive program from IIM Cal? Have you received your evaluation report from IQAS?

Rohitsingh23

May 12, 2021
Hello, I have received my ECA from IQAS which states the following for my Engineering and PGDM degrees:

1. Four-year undergraduate degree program
2. Two-year graduate diploma program

Both degrees are from India.

Now while creating the profile in express entry portal, which option should I select in level of education:
1. Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years;
OR
2. Master's degree, or professional degree needed to practice in a licensed profession

Please help which option my ECA lies in as this will create a difference of 7 CRS in my application.
Hi @Mayank Malhotra : Which post graduate course did you do and from which college? What were the re-evaluation remarks given by IQAS?

Rohitsingh23

May 12, 2021
Hi everyone, I have received my ECA from IQAS and it says bachelor degree equivalent to four years bachelors but they evaluated my masters equal to one year of masters.

So, will it be considered as masters or one or more certificates, diplomas .....in express entry profile ?

please help me out, it is so confusing...
Hi @Patmos arora : Which course did you do and from which college? I am planning to do masters in commerce/management and hence, looking for viable options that are positively evaluated by IQAS for masters/diploma.

Rohitsingh23

May 12, 2021
Hi,
I have got 2 masters - MCom and MBA. However, WES evaluated both as 1 year diploma each. Hence, I am planning to get my credentials evaluated from IQAS in the hope of getting it considered as Masters. Since the two masters are from different universities, I am planning to send only my MCom credentials along with Bcom as they belong to same university. I plan to update WES evaluation for MBA and IQAS for MCom and BCom while filling out EE. What would you suggest and will there be any issues as my earlier WES report contains credential assessment for all 3 degrees?
Hi @Pushpa B: Which universities did you do MCom & MBA from? Were these full-time or executive/distance learning? What did IQAS evaluate the MCom degree as?

Paromita1989

May 24, 2021
Hi!
I called IQAS recently to confirm a few doubts and here is the response:

Me: I called my University (SVU, Tirupati, AP) and they told me that they will not send the transcripts directly to IQAS. What are my options?
IQAS: No problem. You can send the sealed transcript envelope along with the other relevant documents (such as ECA Checklist and the documents mention in that) in a single packet to IQAS. Please ensure the Academic Request form is signed by the authority concerned

Me: IQAS mentions that only the highest educational certificates be sent for evaluation. I have a Bachelor of Commerce (3 Years) + Master of Commerce (2 Years). Do you want me to send only the masters or both?
IQAS: Hmmm... Send Both

Me: My Surname is initialised on my certificates (Midhun Reddy S), but my Passport has my full name (Midhun Reddy Samireddy)...
IQAS: Include an affidavit that mentions these details and include that with the documents. The affidavit should mention that it is the same person
Me: A notary will be sufficient?
IQAS: Yes

That is the gist of my conversation. Not definitely Verbatim
Hi.. which number did u call? I too have few doubts..
1. should I send the transcripts and the other asked documents together in a master envelope?

2.Can I send it from any post office or the nearest post office to my institute?

3. in the iqas application Ihave Mentioned my university name. But my college being an autonomous the transcripts will be given from college itself.. will they accept it?

jagmeetsinghji1

Feb 4, 2020
Hi.. which number did u call? I too have few doubts..
1. should I send the transcripts and the other asked documents together in a master envelope?

2.Can I send it from any post office or the nearest post office to my institute?

3. in the iqas application Ihave Mentioned my university name. But my college being an autonomous the transcripts will be given from college itself.. will they accept it?
It should be affiliated with UGC approved University or UGC or aicte approved institution.. otherwise trouble is there for u ..just confirm with iqas or wes

prafulk1987

Jun 23, 2021
I dont know why its not more popular - one should use Truecopy to send these to IQAS - cuts down the time for courier as they will directly email the transcripts.