+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need to leave back to home country after landing as PR

ramdil

Jun 4, 2018
Hi members,

I have a question on behalf of my brother and I hope you guys can help me. My brother got his PR approved and he is outside Canada. He will be landing in Canada this month. He has a very important interview in September for a job in Canada. But he has to go back to wrap up some work in home country by end of September. We know it takes 6 to 8 weeks to get the PR card. What happens if he leaves Canada before the card arrives. Can I mail the card to him? Is this OK or should he wait for the card before leaving Canada. Also will it be a problem if he has a return ticket in hand when he lands in Canada?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi members,

I have a question on behalf of my brother and I hope you guys can help me. My brother got his PR approved and he is outside Canada. He will be landing in Canada this month. He has a very important interview in September for a job in Canada. But he has to go back to wrap up some work in home country by end of September. We know it takes 6 to 8 weeks to get the PR card. What happens if he leaves Canada before the card arrives. Can I mail the card to him? Is this OK or should he wait for the card before leaving Canada. Also will it be a problem if he has a return ticket in hand when he lands in Canada?
Wait times for PR cards are closer to 3 months right now once you factor in mailing times.

Yes, you can mail the card to him. No, he doesn't have to wait in Canada until the card is received.

He can also apply for a PRTD from outside of Canada in order to return to Canada. He can also fly to the US and re-enter Canada through a land border.

Reactions: nickgrizzly