+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need Help (i am so upset)

Anita Khan

Mar 24, 2013
Hi !!!
I want to know some information about my brother he lives in mississauga, canada from 4 years.... He go there from a visa category which is skilled. From that time he said he lives good there no problems etc but when my mother asks for some financial help he said i am living very hard here so hard to work...even i can't get good food, my daughter goes on bus even we have no car like that.....( He lives with wife and daughter only my brother works) He is MBA and also tyding there while doing job. Now my mother and i am worried.

So my question is that !!!
1. Is it possible that in canada while u r doing job u can not get good food and u can not save even enough to come to ur own country ???

2. If u have no job in canada is government gives u some money until u have job ?

3. When u go to canada on skilled visa will they treat u like canadain and give funds ?

Also my brother is religious and he is not spend money on extra things.....

Please Reply !

hope786

Nov 28, 2012
Islamabad
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-2011
AOR Received.
16-11-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with Docs
Med's Request
21-1-2013
Med's Done....
"MR Received" on 22-02-2013
Interview........
18-11-2012
Passport Req..
God Knows
VISA ISSUED...
22-09-2013
LANDED..........
11-10-2013
Anita Khan said:
Hi !!!
I want to know some information about my brother he lives in mississauga, canada from 4 years.... He go there from a visa category which is skilled. From that time he said he lives good there no problems etc but when my mother asks for some financial help he said i am living very hard here so hard to work...even i can't get good food, my daughter goes on bus even we have no car like that.....( He lives with wife and daughter only my brother works) He is MBA and also tyding there while doing job. Now my mother and i am worried.

As per my research......many doctors, Engineers, Chartered accountant and MBA are CAB drivers in Toronto....because they did not updated their skills and educations as per the standard of Canada....thats why they did not get their dream jobs in Canada and doing small and survival jobs in Canada for fulfillment of their daily needs....as you mentioned that he is only person that doing job his wife is not doing any job....in Canada they should do job both husband and wife then they can survive in Canada....it seems that your brother is right and still financially not strong enough to support his mother

1. Is it possible that in Canada while u r doing job u can not get good food and u can not save even enough to come to ur own country ??? that's right because he is only person that doing job and it is not possible that one person alone take care the family...

2. If u have no job in canada is government gives u some money until u have job ? if your has became the citizen of Canada....it takes 3 years...then your brother entitle of unemployment allowance......if your brother is still on PR card then Govt. of Canada is not giving unemployment allowance

3. When u go to Canada on skilled visa will they treat u like Canadian and give funds ?Of course they treat you like Canadian citizen and you have all the right that one Canadian citizen have excluding right of Vote and unemployment allowance

Please Reply !

coolguy2010

VIP Member
Jun 28, 2010
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London to Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2010
Doc's Request.
23-10-2010
Nomination.....
09-06-2011
AOR Received.
09-06-2011
IELTS Request
6 Band
File Transfer...
01-03-2013
Med's Request
01-03-2013
Med's Done....
30-03-2013
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
20-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-05-2013
LANDED..........
06-08-2013
Hi Anita,

Feeling sad to hear this stories from your brother. One side he is saying that everything is fine and life is good,etc. Other side when it comes to support you all ( mother and you) , then he is turning around.

1. You are doing job for food and living. Where is the question of "good food " coming. Saving depends upon the earnings and spending. If he is earning less and surviving , then difficult to save. I don't know the fact your brother so cannot say anything. If he is earning more and saving also and still does not want to come, you need to get details from other relatives, if you have in canada.

2. Only seniors can comment on this. I have heard that government help unemployed people but don't know the exact process.

3.They treat the skilled workers as Canadian when he gets the citizenship (almost aftr 5 yrs). If he has kids, he will be getting Child Education Allowance - 350$ per month per child. I am not sure about other funds given by government.

Being a religious and spending on "extra things" is different. Can you please tell what do you mean by "Extra things".

Anita Khan said:
Hi !!!

1. Is it possible that in canada while u r doing job u can not get good food and u can not save even enough to come to ur own country ???

2. If u have no job in canada is government gives u some money until u have job ?

3. When u go to canada on skilled visa will they treat u like canadain and give funds ?

Please Reply !

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
1. Yes - it's certainly possible that you might not make enough money to pay for trips back home or spend money on expensive food.
2. Yes - the government will give you some money. But it is very little money. Barely enough to live on.
3. Yes - you will be treated as a Canadian.

Zee.One

Dec 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2011
Nomination.....
PER Received 10-01-2012
IELTS Request
8 bands Sent with Application
File Transfer...
In Process 10-01-2012
Med's Request
10-03-2013
Med's Done....
25-04-2013
Interview........
14-02-2013
Passport Req..
PPR-1 (31-05-13) PPR-2 (25-06-13)
VISA ISSUED...
09-07-2013
LANDED..........
Sep/October
Its very unfortunate to hear this.
Ground realities are different and bitter to understand.

allisback

Sep 2, 2012
As to me he seems to be making fool out of both of you. Not aware of ground reality but condition of his explained seems to be concoted story and nothing else. Asking relatives or friends living nearby to enquire and then only you will come to know the exact situation.

RockinCanada

Feb 20, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
NVDO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep 2009
AOR Received.
Nov 2009
Med's Request
March 2011
Med's Done....
March 2011
Interview........
July 23, 2010
Passport Req..
March 2011
VISA ISSUED...
May 2011
LANDED..........
July 2011
Your brother might be in a bad position working part-time or earning too low to manage his family here. I have been working for 1-1/2 years now full-time but still cannot manage to go back since I could not save that much money to manage my trip back home.

Canada is really not a place where there are dollar trees really as most of us think would be and whenever and wherever you want, pluck it. It is like grass is always greener on the other side. And I dont understand why people are so crazy about coming here after selling their lands and spending millions of rupees. Just crazy.

RockinCanada

Feb 20, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
NVDO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep 2009
AOR Received.
Nov 2009
Med's Request
March 2011
Med's Done....
March 2011
Interview........
July 23, 2010
Passport Req..
March 2011
VISA ISSUED...
May 2011
LANDED..........
July 2011
Govt does not give money like that. It is only when you are unemployed and if you have paid employment insurance, you get some money for some weeks (45 weeks is maximum). There is no social assistance for unemployed otherwise. Kids get some money and that too based on family income.

Nobody treats you like Canadian. There is always a difference with regards to jobs and other things.

scylla said:
1. Yes - it's certainly possible that you might not make enough money to pay for trips back home or spend money on expensive food.
2. Yes - the government will give you some money. But it is very little money. Barely enough to live on.
3. Yes - you will be treated as a Canadian.

nvln

Mar 14, 2013
Mumbai, India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
Hopefully will be waived....!!
RockinCanada said:
Your brother might be in a bad position working part-time or earning too low to manage his family here. I have been working for 1-1/2 years now full-time but still cannot manage to go back since I could not save that much money to manage my trip back home.

Canada is really not a place where there are dollar trees really as most of us think would be and whenever and wherever you want, pluck it. It is like grass is always greener on the other side. And I dont understand why people are so crazy about coming here after selling their lands and spending millions of rupees. Just crazy.
True. Grass "appears" to be green on the other side - but only when one treads on that grass does one realize that is not that soft as it seemed.

Well said!