30-03-2017 Medical Passed (Re- Med)
Passport Req..
27-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
VOH 03-07-2017
LANDED..........
22-07-2017
job_seeker said:
Check your visa (attached to the passport). If it is multiple and would still be valid at the time of your departure and return, then you don't have to apply for one. Else you can send your application to the US:

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/buffalo/visas/trv-apply_demande-vrt.aspx?view=d
hello job_seeker, i was reading all the threads here..my dilemma is dis : I am planning to go back to the Philippines for atleast 2-3 wks for an urgent matter which I believe I personally can only accomplish it.. so, right now I have an OPW which will expire in 2014, i have a job in the healthcare field..and i am planning to apply Multiple TRV in Buffalo,but my PR application is still in process..so whenever I call the CIC call centre asking them if I can go back in Canada, they always say that I am taking a risk, that eventhough i have valid visa, OPW, job..its up to the border officers if they would let me enter again..soo now I am confused.. pls help thanks

leycute

Star Member
Mar 3, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Filipinay said:
hello job_seeker, i was reading all the threads here..my dilemma is dis : I am planning to go back to the Philippines for atleast 2-3 wks for an urgent matter which I believe I personally can only accomplish it.. so, right now I have an OPW which will expire in 2014, i have a job in the healthcare field..and i am planning to apply Multiple TRV in Buffalo,but my PR application is still in process..so whenever I call the CIC call centre asking them if I can go back in Canada, they always say that I am taking a risk, that eventhough i have valid visa, OPW, job..its up to the border officers if they would let me enter again..soo now I am confused.. pls help thanks
relax :) don't worry , as long as you have a valid open work permit, valid passport, multiply/single re entry (temporary resident visa) plus your letter for your employer, you are safe to go home :) lots of people did it even their PR is in process....chill :)

Filipinay

Star Member
Mar 22, 2012
Oakville, ON
Visa Office......
MANILA
App. Filed.......
13-12-2016
Doc's Request.
14-03-2017
AOR Received.
29-12-2016
File Transfer...
and SA 06-01-2017; BGC In progress: 26-04-2017
Med's Request
Re- Med request 14-03-2017
Med's Done....
30-03-2017 Medical Passed (Re- Med)
Passport Req..
27-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
VOH 03-07-2017
LANDED..........
22-07-2017
leycute said:
relax :) don't worry , as long as you have a valid open work permit, valid passport, multiply/single re entry (temporary resident visa) plus your letter for your employer, you are safe to go home :) lots of people did it even their PR is in process....chill :)
leycute, thanks sooo much..i just need confirmation..il start submitting my application tnx tc God bless

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Recently saw the tracking status of my return xpresspost:

- 2012/04/11 11:05 FORT ERIE Item accepted at the Post Office

Trying to be patient..... ;D

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ragluf said:
That would be March 9 right? :)

It was indeed fast! I will be submitting my application docs later and would just like to benchmark the processing time. So even if it is published 30 days minimum processing time, looks like it is a safe 2 weeks.

Will be visiting folks back in Manila after quite sometime, unfortunately, I need my passport in the least amount of time.

Thanks, - will post my time here once I get mine.
As I mentioned I am posting here my timeline for applying and getting a visa from Buffalo VO:

Application Sent: 23 March 2012
Xpresspost Received at Fort Erie PO: 26 March 2012
Checked Bank Draft: Encashed 4 April 2012
Xpresspost (Return) Received at Fort Erie PO: 11 April 2012
Received my Visa and PP: 13 April 2012
Visa date of issue: 5 April 2012
===================

Thanks to all who replied and gave their advise. Looks like Buffalo VO visa issuance is still within 2-3 weeks.

killjoy06

Apr 24, 2012
Reading all the post here about applying TRV in buffalo relieves my stress. I applied for trv in buffalo and my application was received yesterday april 25... My flight is on june 14 and i am praying that processing will be just like you guys who got their trv after 2-3 weeks...... How will i know if my bank draft is already cashed out? And will the consulate reply if i will inquire thru email about the status of my trv?

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
killjoy06 said:
Reading all the post here about applying TRV in buffalo relieves my stress. I applied for trv in buffalo and my application was received yesterday april 25... My flight is on june 14 and i am praying that processing will be just like you guys who got their trv after 2-3 weeks...... How will i know if my bank draft is already cashed out? And will the consulate reply if i will inquire thru email about the status of my trv?
Nice lead time (june 14 flight) - you'll have your TRV by then as on the Buffalo VO site, the application processing time for TRVs is minimum 30days. I suggest relax for a few weeks - you have the whole of May still!

As for bank draft encashment - I called up my bank and inquired if it was encashed already. If your application was received April 25, you may want to call your bank middle of next week.

/hope this helps....

killjoy06

Apr 24, 2012
ragluf said:
Nice lead time (june 14 flight) - you'll have your TRV by then as on the Buffalo VO site, the application processing time for TRVs is minimum 30days. I suggest relax for a few weeks - you have the whole of May still!

As for bank draft encashment - I called up my bank and inquired if it was encashed already. If your application was received April 25, you may want to call your bank middle of next week.

/hope this helps....
Thank you so much for the reply.... I appreciate it so much! ;)

Hanna27

Mar 21, 2013
hi sir!i need a help for my re entry visa pls help me!

Hi sir!how are you today? I am new here my question is do still need to provide a letter from the employ for my re entry visa application?? I do have an open work pemit, ,i was just confused for i had a friend who went back last year who had applied a re entry visa without letter from employer just open work permit and she got her re entry visa, pls help me asap thank you

Sweetie pie

Star Member
Dec 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10, 2013
AOR Received.
May 22, 2013 Aip May 22, 2014
File Transfer...
May 26, 2014 Kingston
Med's Request
May 27, 2014
Med's Done....
june 12, 2014 lc2 kit receive june 12, 2014 june 25 kit send
Interview........
January 5, 2015 got interveiw date
LANDED..........
January 13, 2015
Hey guys! My trv had expired from the december 3 2012 and I could not renew my trv because I send in a application to renew my permit and it was refuse in january so I had to restore my permit feb 1 which I got approve march 21. My question do u think I need to send a explanation document about my restoration of my permit when apply for the trv? And seconly for the family info am I suppose tick yes that my dependant son is accompany me? He is in my home country and he's has a trv already. But he will accompany once I apply for Pr and all goes well. Any help please!!!!

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hanna27 said:
Hi sir!how are you today? I am new here my question is do still need to provide a letter from the employ for my re entry visa application?? I do have an open work pemit, ,i was just confused for i had a friend who went back last year who had applied a re entry visa without letter from employer just open work permit and she got her re entry visa, pls help me asap thank you
If you look at the document checklist here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5721E.pdf one of the requirements is:

If you are currently working in Canada, proof of your current employment - a letter from your employer

Having authorization to work does not automatically mean permission to enter the country, note a visa is an travel/entry document, while a WP is a status document (residence/worker). I take it that this requirement is meant for the applicant to provide a strong reason for returning to the country (i.e. resuming work etc.). If you have an open work permit, and does not have a job or is between jobs at the moment, then at the minimum to satisfy the requirement, provide an explanation using the fields in the application forms. It is not explicitly required, but it strengthens your application and provides clarity in evaluation, rather than leaving the VO/evaluator to assume and decide.

/hope this helps....

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sweetie pie said:
Hey guys! My trv had expired from the december 3 2012 and I could not renew my trv because I send in a application to renew my permit and it was refuse in january so I had to restore my permit feb 1 which I got approve march 21. My question do u think I need to send a explanation document about my restoration of my permit when apply for the trv? And seconly for the family info am I suppose tick yes that my dependant son is accompany me? He is in my home country and he's has a trv already. But he will accompany once I apply for Pr and all goes well. Any help please!!!!
You don't have to. Assuming you applied for restoration before the 90day period, you were in "implied status". In the application form: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5257E.pdf - Background Information - Question 2a, you must answer truthfully. (i.e. Have you ever remained beyond the validity of your status...). During the period you were in "implied status" you should have not worked/studied without authorization.

As for your son, granted he has a TRV already, his information is in the "system" and can be verified (your family details are in the system). So be consistent in providing information. That column is meant to determine if your dependents accompanying you require visa's; if in the intended travel/re-entry for this application, he is not coming with you, then he is not accompanying you at this time.

/all the best....

Sweetie pie

Star Member
Dec 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10, 2013
AOR Received.
May 22, 2013 Aip May 22, 2014
File Transfer...
May 26, 2014 Kingston
Med's Request
May 27, 2014
Med's Done....
june 12, 2014 lc2 kit receive june 12, 2014 june 25 kit send
Interview........
January 5, 2015 got interveiw date
LANDED..........
January 13, 2015
Thank u ragluf, I answered yes to the question have u ever remained beyond the validity of your status? my response was i apply for restoration status on the caregiver program me and my status was restore March 20, 2013. Can u give me your input please!

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sweetie pie said:
Thank u ragluf, I answered yes to the question have u ever remained beyond the validity of your status? my response was i apply for restoration status on the caregiver program me and my status was restore March 20, 2013. Can u give me your input please!
I always advise when in doubt - "Yes" then provide an explanation. Make sure you explain clearly in the space provided - of your WP refusal, your subsequent application for restoration, and your understanding that after applying for restoration, you fall under "implied status" and that you are allowed to remain in Canada (but does not have authorization to work or study) until final determination is made on your application. It helps if you detail also if you made calls to CIC or contacted them to ask to verify your current status while you were under restoration. Be detailed.

If you need more space to provide an explanation - use a separate sheet of paper and put the Form Number, Section Title, and Question Number on the top of the sheet, put your explanatio and include it with your application form.

/all the best...

Sweetie pie

Star Member
Dec 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10, 2013
AOR Received.