+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

need help for applying re-entry visa

Adhelsky

Feb 5, 2012
i want to visit my family on April in Philippines. My working permit will expires on July 2013 what do i need to obtain my re-entry visa? Can i apply here in canada before my departure? please help!! thank you ;)

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Check your visa (attached to the passport). If it is multiple and would still be valid at the time of your departure and return, then you don't have to apply for one. Else you can send your application to the US:

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/buffalo/visas/trv-apply_demande-vrt.aspx?view=d

Adhelsky said:
i want to visit my family on April in Philippines. My working permit will expires on July 2013 what do i need to obtain my re-entry visa? Can i apply here in canada before my departure? please help!! thank you ;)

dwine

Jan 15, 2012
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/buffalo/visas/returning_work_temp_travailler_retournant.aspx?view=d
you need to fill up this online, the form is IMM 5257...if you plan to visit Philippines, better you do it now coz the processing time is 30 days.

babyq

Star Member
Mar 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo - cpp ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
may 13, 2011
File Transfer...
july 2012
Med's Request
march 2012
Med's Done....
may 2012
Passport Req..
feb 19, 2013
Adhelsky said:
you can leave and enter Canada before your visa and work permit expires.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
You can send your application to the US. Click on the link and read on. It does not have to be Buffalo, it can be any of the visa offices in the US. You can even apply from the Philippines if you have enough time once there.

Adhelsky said:
i have single entry and my work permit does not authorize Re-Entry, how can apply to US?

Adhelsky

Feb 5, 2012
How long will it take if I will get in Philippines? I have only 29 days there. Thanks job-seeker..really appreciate ;) God Bless

Adhelsky

Feb 5, 2012
babyq said:
you can leave and enter Canada before your visa and work permit expires.
My visa is single entry which last for 6 months only. What I need now is re-entry visa for me to come back to canada but not sure where can I get one.. Thanks for help really appreciate..God Bless

Adhelsky

Feb 5, 2012
I tried this link but not really sure which one..there are some selections...would you mind to specify? It can't be downloaded either..thanks for help dwine ;)

dwine

Jan 15, 2012
as soon as your there in the Philippines you must process your re-entry visa with the supporting documents such as, ticket coming back to canada, 2 photos, fees, the trv form, letter of your employer, passport or else you must do it here and send it to buffalo. It is easy so dont worry, as long as you have the supporting documents. Do it online, fill up the application form, print it and attach the barcode when you submit it.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Try these links:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5484E.PDF checklist
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5257E.PDF (you need to fill this up with the use of the computer and has to be validated)
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5645E.PDF (info on family members)
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5257B_1.PDF
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/5256e.pdf (read the guide)

Adhelsky

Feb 5, 2012
dwine said:
as soon as your there in the Philippines you must process your re-entry visa with the supporting documents such as, ticket coming back to canada, 2 photos, fees, the trv form, letter of your employer, passport or else you must do it here and send it to buffalo. It is easy so dont worry, as long as you have the supporting documents. Do it online, fill up the application form, print it and attach the barcode when you submit it.
I would like to do it here(as there is time) :) but not sure how long (it take) is the processing, and how can i get to "buffalo?" as you've said... :) thanks dwine...really appreciate your help..

Adhelsky

Feb 5, 2012
I tried to open the Link, where i should fill up..but not really sure if i got the right one, (it is seems to be the application form for new applicant), is this the form i should fill up? And it says i have to enclosed my fees..how should i do it online? Thanks Job_seeker for HELP! :-* really appriciate it very much!!God Bless... :)

dwine

Jan 15, 2012
what job-seeker said are all correct... the fees you must include that when you submit ur application. if you select single entry you must pay $75 and $150 for multiple entry...everything on that link is clearly said...

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
You will have to pay the fees as indicated by the website in Buffalo (not online, should be bank draft, etc). You will then have to mail it to Buffalo (in your case to Fort Erie since you are in Canada and follow what the instructions for mailing say). Probably do the first hurdle first (complete the forms then print them out).

If your mailing address is in Canada:

Taking advantage of our proximity to the Canadian border, we have made arrangements to have your mail collected in Canada. Your documents will be mailed back to you from Canada.
The Post Office in Fort Erie will not accept commercial courier deliveries (courier packages must be sent to the Buffalo, NY address).
If you wish for us to return your documents to you, please purchase two prepaid 24 x 32 cm Xpresspost - National envelopes at any Canada Post retail outlet.

Enclose one envelope in the other envelope. This second envelope we will use for when we need to mail you. Add the documents you wish to send to us.
If you wish for us to return your documents to you, please purchase two prepaid 24 x 32 cm Xpresspost - National envelopes at any Canada Post retail outlet.
Enclose one envelope in the other envelope. This second envelope we will use for when we need to mail you. Add the documents you wish to send to us.
Complete the mailing label on the return envelope showing your full mailing address in the "Deliver To" field and the Fort Erie Post Office box address (below) in the "Return Address" field.
Make a note of the tracking number for each envelope.
If you chose to not provide us with a return envelope, we will mail you via regular mail (US Postal Service First Class Mail).
If you have already provided us with a return envelope do not send us a 2nd envelope if you mail us more documents later.

Send your mail to:

Canadian Consulate General
Immigration Regional Program Centre
P.O. Box 660
Fort Erie, Ontario
L2A 6R6

How to pay fees:

Bank draft, Money order, Cashier’s cheque

Adhelsky said:
I tried to open the Link, where i should fill up..but not really sure if i got the right one, (it is seems to be the application form for new applicant), is this the form i should fill up? And it says i have to enclosed my fees..how should i do it online? Thanks Job_seeker for HELP! :-* really appriciate it very much!!God Bless... :)