+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

need help for applying re-entry visa

dwine

Jan 15, 2012
pinoy_ako, no you really fill up the proof of funds on the form...if you have savings account, try to put a certain amount...you can't validate the electronic form if you missed to answer one single question in the form.

pinoy_ako

Star Member
Feb 21, 2012
dwine said:
pinoy_ako, no you really fill up the proof of funds on the form...if you have savings account, try to put a certain amount...you can't validate the electronic form if you missed to answer one single question in the form.
Thanks for your reply. Yeah, I did that. I put a certain amount. Do I need to get a bank statement or my work contract should be enough to prove that I have funds? Kasi wala ako masyado savings eh.
Thanks.

dwine

Jan 15, 2012
as long as you have employer's letter na nagwowork ka pa sa kanila okay lang na d mo include ung bank statement.

pinoy_ako

Star Member
Feb 21, 2012
dwine said:
as long as you have employer's letter na nagwowork ka pa sa kanila okay lang na d mo include ung bank statement.
Thanks Dwine! Eto pa, d2 sa Fax no., wala kming fax eh. I can't leave it blank kasi hindi ko cya pede i-validate, di ba?anu kaya gawin ko?

pinoy_ako

Star Member
Feb 21, 2012
dwine said:
hi Dwine, I just copy-pasted these instructions in the guide:

Schedule 1 – Application for a Temporary Resident Visa Made Outside of Canada (IMM5257 – Schedule 1)

Who must fill out this application form?

This form must be completed by:

you, the principal applicant;
your spouse or common-law partner (whether accompanying you to Canada or not), and
your dependent children aged 18 or over (whether accompanying you to Canada or not).

SO MY HUSBAND WILL DO THIS TOO EVEN THOUGH HE IS IN THE PHILIPPINES?

pinoy_ako

Star Member
Feb 21, 2012
job_seeker said:
Try these links:
Hi Job_seeker! I am a bit confused with IMM5257B_1 (Schedule 1) It says in the guide that my spouse whether or not accompanying me here in canada has do fill-up the form as well.How is this?He is not here so how can he do it?
I also read in the guide that if i answered YES to questions 3-7 in the IMM5257 , i might need to fill-up the IMM5257B(schedule 1). And since I answered NO to Questions 3-7, I DON'T NEED TO DO SCHEDULE 1.

Am I right in this one?Thanks in advance. I need to mail my application right away coz I'll be travelling on April 6 already.Hope you can give me advice on this

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
You're right. You accomplish Imm 5257b (schedule 1) only if you answered yes to any of the questions 3-7 of Imm 5257 (Background Information)

pinoy_ako said:
Hi Job_seeker! I am a bit confused with IMM5257B_1 (Schedule 1) It says in the guide that my spouse whether or not accompanying me here in canada has do fill-up the form as well.How is this?He is not here so how can he do it?
I also read in the guide that if i answered YES to questions 3-7 in the IMM5257 , i might need to fill-up the IMM5257B(schedule 1). And since I answered NO to Questions 3-7, I DON'T NEED TO DO SCHEDULE 1.

Am I right in this one?Thanks in advance. I need to mail my application right away coz I'll be travelling on April 6 already.Hope you can give me advice on this

pinoy_ako

Star Member
Feb 21, 2012
job_seeker said:
You're right. You accomplish Imm 5257b (schedule 1) only if you answered yes to any of the questions 3-7 of Imm 5257 (Background Information)
Thanks a lot! Do i really need to include my itinerary too? I am still buying it on monday and i need to submit
trv application ASAP coz my scheduled flight is april 6. What do u think?

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
No need for the ticket or travel itinerary. Get a letter from your employer to support your application. Note that you need to attach a copy of your WP and "proof of employment" (which can be a copy of your contract and/or a letter from your employer).

pinoy_ako said:
Thanks a lot! Do i really need to include my itinerary too? I am still buying it on monday and i need to submit
trv application ASAP coz my scheduled flight is april 6. What do u think?

pinoy_ako

Star Member
Feb 21, 2012
job_seeker said:
No need for the ticket or travel itinerary. Get a letter from your employer to support your application. Note that you need to attach a copy of your WP and "proof of employment" (which can be a copy of your contract and/or a letter from your employer).
What a big relief! I can mail my application tomorrow then.
Any idea how long will it take? I'll be sending mine at Buffalo.
I checked the website and said minimum is 30 days? How reliable is this?
Thanks again!

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Those posted are average processing times (may be longer or shorter, depending upon the officer processing your app). Some members have posted two weeks, others longer but the sooner you get things moving the sooner you get results :)

pinoy_ako said:
Thanks again!

pinoy_ako

Star Member
Feb 21, 2012
job_seeker said:
Those posted are average processing times (may be longer or shorter, depending upon the officer processing your app). Some members have posted two weeks, others longer but the sooner you get things moving the sooner you get results :)
Thanks Job_seeker! You're awesome!

taynee

Star Member
Feb 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pinoy_ako said:
Thanks again!
Hi Pinoy_Ako!

I applied for TRV in Buffalo last Nov 2011, it took only 2 weeks to process. If it will help, I used the pre-paid Xpresspost envelopes. Hope you receive your re-entry visa soon! :)

pinoy_ako

Star Member
Feb 21, 2012
taynee said:
Hi Pinoy_Ako!

I applied for TRV in Buffalo last Nov 2011, it took only 2 weeks to process. If it will help, I used the pre-paid Xpresspost envelopes. Hope you receive your re-entry visa soon! :)
Thanks tynee! I hope so. I'll make my application ob sunday and hopefully the immigration receives it on Monday.

pinoy_ako

Star Member
Feb 21, 2012
pinoy_ako said:
Thanks Job_seeker! You're awesome!
Hi Job_seeker! I am think i read it somewhere that I need to include my marriage contract?
Am i supposed to? I hope u can help. Thanks!