Cairo, Egypt
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-Aug-2014 [br] [b](One month after cap was reached)[/b]
IELTS Request
beogradjanin1 said:
If your EOI got accepted by immigration and if you prove everything you mentioned in EOI there is no reason to be refused. However, if you cannot prove at least one point from your EOI there is a big chance of refusal. Also, if $250 makes you think to apply or not, I would give you an advice to not apply. I have to tell you the truth, when you get the nomination then you have to spend money for PR application where is also not guaranteed sucess. Then when you come here you will spend so much money, a reason for that is a very bad job market, you would have a good chance to be without a job for 6 months or more. I am writing this from NB so I know what I am talking about. That's why bud, if $250 is a reason to not apply, then do not apply because this is the lowest amount of money you will spend for this journey.
Thank you and very well said indeed :)

I understand that the $250 is probably negligible compared to the other investments one will have to pay till the very end. However, I asked this because I have been to Cairo's information session yesterday and I have seen tens of people get their ITA's on the spot with their IELTS and ECA ready. My IElTS is expired so I had to wait. The number of people getting their ITA's multiplied by the number of sessions done in 2016 compared to the maximum number of nominations NB will grant (700 or so?) made me doubtful if they will really have the capacity to convert all those ITA's into nominations. Add to this the ITA's given through other means.

So, it is not really the cost that I am worried about. I just refuse to have gray areas along the path or practices that are followed but not documented. I have already invested in an ECA and IELTS. And I applied to Canada once before the introduction of the EE system, so I understand that it is a 30 or 40 thousand dollars project if you count the money you may have to spend until you land a job :)

anytimebutnow

Jan 1, 2016
Actually the speaker said that when they subtract the investor applicants... AND the job offer applicants... AND the family connection applicants, the program is really only looking for 420 Express Entry applicants.

The Cairo sessions were attended by over 300 people, PLUS there will be over 300 people in Alexandria, PLUS all the other countries they have toured this year.

So what we end up with is a pool of eligible applicants in excess of 3000 for 420 available spaces.

One attendee asked "how do you chose between qualified applicants, since there will be more applicants than spaces available" and the speaker just said "everyone gets a fair chance, and its based on job market need". Naturally this is not a real answer, it does not reflect a policy of picking applicants based on objective transparent criteria.

The entire "world tour" model, where in this case, one individual was running the session in his country of origin, and able to make a decision of who gets the ITA with no written records that can later be audited, it flies in the face of everything Canadian immigration programs are supposed to be in modern times.

3000 applicants for 420 spaces. No explanation for who makes the cut. Also, many of the jobs on their 'in demand' list, if we search them on JobBank, we find there are only 1-2 jobs available in the province in those careers. Look at the Bookkeeper results: there are only two jobs.

The session contained no information on how to complete the EE profile, no explanation on how the NB EE system works to pick successful applicants, emphatic commentary about how it is NOT first come first served... I think we need to be honest and realistic, and accept the fact that this is a glorified lottery system. I would be very interested to know how many ITAs they issued in the past year, at $250 a pop for submitted applications.

Sharshabel

Jun 25, 2014
romar said:
Thank you and very well said indeed :)

I understand that the $250 is probably negligible compared to the other investments one will have to pay till the very end. However, I asked this because I have been to Cairo's information session yesterday and I have seen tens of people get their ITA's on the spot with their IELTS and ECA ready. My IElTS is expired so I had to wait. The number of people getting their ITA's multiplied by the number of sessions done in 2016 compared to the maximum number of nominations NB will grant (700 or so?) made me doubtful if they will really have the capacity to convert all those ITA's into nominations. Add to this the ITA's given through other means.

So, it is not really the cost that I am worried about. I just refuse to have gray areas along the path or practices that are followed but not documented. I have already invested in an ECA and IELTS. And I applied to Canada once before the introduction of the EE system, so I understand that it is a 30 or 40 thousand dollars project if you count the money you may have to spend until you land a job :)

I have the same concerns specially that the evaluator in Cairo session did told me "Not all ITA's get nominated" even if the papers are all good!! and that the selection criteria do change from time to time according to provenience needs for example if they have shortage now in IT people then they will nominate more IT people and ignore other occupations even if they have ITA and they submit a complete application!

And BTW he said clearly that in 2016 the number of nominations that they will issue is 625

anytimebutnow

Jan 1, 2016
The 625 Nominations also includes Business Nominations (investors), Family Connection/ Family Supported applications, and Job Offer nominations.

The real number of Express Entry New Brunswick places is 420.

Sharshabel

Jun 25, 2014
anytimebutnow said:
The 625 Nominations also includes Business Nominations (investors), Family Connection/ Family Supported applications, and Job Offer nominations.

The real number of Express Entry New Brunswick places is 420.
Yeah correct the 625 include all types not only EE

lildip

Jan 10, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
beogradjanin1 said:
If your EOI got accepted by immigration and if you prove everything you mentioned in EOI there is no reason to be refused. However, if you cannot prove at least one point from your EOI there is a big chance of refusal. Also, if $250 makes you think to apply or not, I would give you an advice to not apply. I have to tell you the truth, when you get the nomination then you have to spend money for PR application where is also not guaranteed sucess. Then when you come here you will spend so much money, a reason for that is a very bad job market, you would have a good chance to be without a job for 6 months or more. I am writing this from NB so I know what I am talking about. That's why bud, if $250 is a reason to not apply, then do not apply because this is the lowest amount of money you will spend for this journey.
very well said. sometimes i am surprised to see that how often people want to immigrate to another country without researching the real facts. its true that moving to Canada is rewarding but that didn't come for free. Thanks beogradjanin1 for clarifying everything nicely :)

Cheers !

Issoufa

Apr 15, 2016
Niger
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Dakar
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
07-10-2019
File Transfer...
07-11-2019
Med's Done....
07-10-2019
Sharshabel said:
I have the same concerns specially that the evaluator in Cairo session did told me "Not all ITA's get nominated" even if the papers are all good!! and that the selection criteria do change from time to time according to provenience needs for example if they have shortage now in IT people then they will nominate more IT people and ignore other occupations even if they have ITA and they submit a complete application!

And BTW he said clearly that in 2016 the number of nominations that they will issue is 625
I have been at Dubai information session and I get ITA on spot too !

We have been for this day 20th July more than 50 who gets ITA.

Good day to all !!

romar

Star Member
Nov 18, 2013
Cairo, Egypt
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo, Egypt
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
IELTS Request
anytimebutnow said:
Actually the speaker said that when they subtract the investor applicants... AND the job offer applicants... AND the family connection applicants, the program is really only looking for 420 Express Entry applicants.

The Cairo sessions were attended by over 300 people, PLUS there will be over 300 people in Alexandria, PLUS all the other countries they have toured this year.

So what we end up with is a pool of eligible applicants in excess of 3000 for 420 available spaces.

One attendee asked "how do you chose between qualified applicants, since there will be more applicants than spaces available" and the speaker just said "everyone gets a fair chance, and its based on job market need". Naturally this is not a real answer, it does not reflect a policy of picking applicants based on objective transparent criteria.

The entire "world tour" model, where in this case, one individual was running the session in his country of origin, and able to make a decision of who gets the ITA with no written records that can later be audited, it flies in the face of everything Canadian immigration programs are supposed to be in modern times.

3000 applicants for 420 spaces. No explanation for who makes the cut. Also, many of the jobs on their 'in demand' list, if we search them on JobBank, we find there are only 1-2 jobs available in the province in those careers. Look at the Bookkeeper results: there are only two jobs.

The session contained no information on how to complete the EE profile, no explanation on how the NB EE system works to pick successful applicants, emphatic commentary about how it is NOT first come first served... I think we need to be honest and realistic, and accept the fact that this is a glorified lottery system. I would be very interested to know how many ITAs they issued in the past year, at $250 a pop for submitted applications.
That's the point. If it's a mere lottery system, it isn't worth the cost in my opinion. I also loathe the fact that the official stand is not the same as what's said in closed circles. The speaker made it sound like it's a process where you need to be lucky to get nominated after getting an ITA.

romar

Star Member
Nov 18, 2013
Cairo, Egypt
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo, Egypt
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
IELTS Request
lildip said:
very well said. sometimes i am surprised to see that how often people want to immigrate to another country without researching the real facts. its true that moving to Canada is rewarding but that didn't come for free. Thanks beogradjanin1 for clarifying everything nicely :)

Cheers !
Well. If you realize that the 2nd best alternative for each of us is not the same, I am sure you will be less surprised, as you will understand that some people may be more desperate to go to Canada than others. Good luck :)

evoboy2016

Star Member
Jun 3, 2015
DUBAI
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
evoboy2016 said:
What happens after expiry of 45 days validity of NB ITA? Do we still get the 2 year validity of the session we attended and can we send out an EOI again and get ITA later?

MY documents are not in order and my NB ITA is expiring soon.
bump

anytimebutnow

Jan 1, 2016
romar said:
That's the point. If it's a mere lottery system, it isn't worth the cost in my opinion. I also loathe the fact that the official stand is not the same as what's said in closed circles. The speaker made it sound like it's a process where you need to be lucky to get nominated after getting an ITA.
This program already has a long history of corruption and had a scathing report from the last audit that was conducted in 2010. When they tried to run an investment nomination program it turned into a disaster which was only partially rectified when jilted Chinese investors stormed the New Brunswick parliament and confronted the minister in front of news cameras.

I don't think their 'labor market based selection' has any basis in reality and I think this program needs to be audited again. The entire model stinks to high heaven.

beogradjanin1

Apr 6, 2013
OK guys here is the thing. All this is the lottery, not just nomination but all PR process. I am just telling you, if you have better solutions in your life do not go to this program choose what is better for you. For some of us, this is the best solution. I should be the first person to make complaints. I am in NB for 3 years, I have a close family in NB who are citizens, I have NB education and the job in NB. Now, do you guys understand that I could say that is unfair that someone is getting ITA on info session and I have to wait! After all this time and all this investment in this province someone has an advantage over me! But I accepted the game and if I am not making complaints you definitely should not as well! The world has 196 more countries and only what you should do is to choose one the best for you! We have chosen Canada so please leave us alone with your negative attitude! Thanks!

MannaGhose

Star Member
Jan 28, 2016
Manila,Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippines
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
beogradjanin1 said:
OK guys here is the thing. All this is the lottery, not just nomination but all PR process. I am just telling you, if you have a better solutions in your life do not go to this program choose what is better for you. For some of us this is the best solution. I should be first person to make a complaints. I am in NB for 3 years, I have a close family in NB who are citizens, I have NB education and the job in NB. Now, do you guys understand that I could say that is unfair that someone is getting ITA on info session and I have to wait! After all this time and all this investment in this province someone has an advantage over me! But I accepted the game and if I do not making a complaints you definitely should not as well! The world has 166 more countries and only what you should do is to choose one the best for you! We have chosen Canada so please leave us alone with your negative attitude! Thanks!
+1 to you mate. Very well said. ;)

lildip

Jan 10, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
beogradjanin1 said:
OK guys here is the thing. All this is the lottery, not just nomination but all PR process. I am just telling you, if you have better solutions in your life do not go to this program choose what is better for you. For some of us, this is the best solution. I should be the first person to make complaints. I am in NB for 3 years, I have a close family in NB who are citizens, I have NB education and the job in NB. Now, do you guys understand that I could say that is unfair that someone is getting ITA on info session and I have to wait! After all this time and all this investment in this province someone has an advantage over me! But I accepted the game and if I am not making complaints you definitely should not as well! The world has 196 more countries and only what you should do is to choose one the best for you! We have chosen Canada so please leave us alone with your negative attitude! Thanks!
Excellent reply mate ! giving you +1 :)