+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

National Nursing Assessment Centre NNAS

Aug 30, 2016
Thank you for your reply!
I have been on "Ready for Final Review" status since Nov. 9th, 2019, and I emailed the evaluator a couple days ago and she said that she doesn't have a known time of when advisory report will be completed. I hope I receive it before the end of the year.
Hi, I also got my final review on Nov 8th and I also emailed them, firstly they said 4 weeks excluded holidays and weekends and in dec again I sent email, now they changed the statement and mentioned nnas can take 30-60 days. Let see if we can get in Jan 2020.

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
Hi, I also got my final review on Nov 8th and I also emailed them, firstly they said 4 weeks excluded holidays and weekends and in dec again I sent email, now they changed the statement and mentioned nnas can take 30-60 days. Let see if we can get in Jan 2020.
60 business days is about 12 weeks. You'll be lucky if you get it in that amount of time. Fingers crossed for you though.

Evergreen_3034

Jun 18, 2018
Thanks! I really hope that we do! I intend on applying for RN registration in Ontario and Nova Scotia provinces. I think I will email NNAS again on January 9th, if I don't get the advisory report before then. It is highly likely that NNAS evaluators will be slow in completing reports during these next few last days of this year due to holiday spirit, etc.
Please post when you get your advisory report. I'll share as well.
Thank you! :)

NewRN

Dec 30, 2019
Which is the best province in terms of job opportunities for nurses? Living in an expensive city is not a likeable option for me. Can anyone offer suggestions ?

gopsarbabu

Jun 23, 2014
Hi,

Need your help.

In the education program, we typed Bachelor of Science in Nursing and send the application forms to our college. But our college is saying the Nursing program is “Bachelor of Nursing”.

Can I change in the nnas website to Bachelor of Nursing. Should I send the new form to college or they can use the old form and write the correct nursing program. Please advise. Thanks

Dec 3, 2019
HI i am in the same situation as yours as more than 100 times conversation and finally its for ready for review and still dont know when i will get the report as my employer has given wrong information so very much frustrated with the process hope will get report soon.
After I kept calling them and emailing them I got my report a few weeks ago from NNAS. Not comparable LMAO.
I applied for BCCNP and now need to go to Canada to do the NCAS competency assessment.

Will see how this all goes. What a long painful process. I waited a year for NNAS.

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
Which is the best province in terms of job opportunities for nurses? Living in an expensive city is not a likeable option for me. Can anyone offer suggestions ?
British Columbia, Alberta and Ontario are the most expensive provinces to live in.

Aug 30, 2016
Hi
Thanks! I really hope that we do! I intend on applying for RN registration in Ontario and Nova Scotia provinces. I think I will email NNAS again on January 9th, if I don't get the advisory report before then. It is highly likely that NNAS evaluators will be slow in completing reports during these next few last days of this year due to holiday spirit, etc.
Please post when you get your advisory report. I'll share as well.
Thank you! :)
Hi,
I got my report yesterday. It is non comparable let c I will apply to cno.

Reactions: Evergreen_3034

j0pd008

Star Member
Jul 7, 2018
Hi i already send letter for language assessment from my side and my employer sent letter with job description on it.i work at call center.will i b able to wave off language requiremnt because i work call center.what are the chances.or i shd go for IELETS ,PTE or CEBAN any suggestion ll help

saveslife10

Apr 1, 2019
Guys it's so hard to get a license verification from Saudi. I worked there 2011-2013. Is it possible i will not inlcude it in my NNAS application? I have been here in UAE working since 2014, more than 5 yrs now which is the one needed by the NNAS. Nobody will process it for me.

mehmi

Apr 16, 2019
Hi just a quick question..i already applied for RN from british columbia but now i want to add another province in the same application. So my question is do i need to provide ontario address or i can just keep my same address. Thanks will appreciate your reply.

Canadianborn

Aug 16, 2019
Hi International Nurses!

I've been following this thread for quite some time now, I wanted to share with you my current situation that now I've finally finished with NNAS.

I started my NNAS journey in April 2018 for both LPN and RN, and received my advisory report on Saturday (January 4, 2019)

The advisory report for both LPN and RN was the same percentage - 74% , which made them both comparable.

My education was a 3 year degree program - Bachelor of Nursing from the University of Manchester, England.
I had 4 years work experience in both hospital and community settings.

NNAS did not take my employment into account, as my employers refused to fill out the employment forms.
I inquired about this with BCCNP. They told me NNAS will only evaluate my education and BCCNP will evaluate my employment if there are any gaps in my education.

I applied to BCCNP on January 4, 2019.
Their timelines are a lot faster (said I should hear from them within 10 weeks)
During the initial application to BCCNP I had to fill out an exemption of English exam form. BCCNP said they would get back to me within 3 weeks once they had reviewed it. They got back to me in just 4 hours and said I met the English fluency requirements.
There is no doubt that this part of the process (dealing with the regulatory body) will be a lot smoother than with NNAS.

It's been a really tiring, frustrating process so far. I know it has been much longer for some other people, but it was so draining dealing with NNAS.
I am so glad to finally be done with them!

I'm really hoping that I get a favorable result from BCCNP.
I am very skeptical though as I've heard of situations of people with 'comparable' results having to sit the NCAS exam, then having to complete a bridging course AND 1600 hours of work as a care aide in Canada....
Thank you for posting a timeline and positive vibes .... there are so many negative responses to questions on here it’s very discouraging. I too will be applying to BCCNP if and when I ever get my advisory report from NNAS. I would appreciate if you would keep us updated to your outcome with BCCNP. Good luck with everything and I hope the regulatory body is nice to you

Reactions: internationalnurse

needguidance

Nov 8, 2019
Hi International Nurses!

I've been following this thread for quite some time now, I wanted to share with you my current situation that now I've finally finished with NNAS.

I started my NNAS journey in April 2018 for both LPN and RN, and received my advisory report on Saturday (January 4, 2019)

The advisory report for both LPN and RN was the same percentage - 74% , which made them both comparable.

My education was a 3 year degree program - Bachelor of Nursing from the University of Manchester, England.
I had 4 years work experience in both hospital and community settings.

NNAS did not take my employment into account, as my employers refused to fill out the employment forms.
I inquired about this with BCCNP. They told me NNAS will only evaluate my education and BCCNP will evaluate my employment if there are any gaps in my education.

I applied to BCCNP on January 4, 2019.
Their timelines are a lot faster (said I should hear from them within 10 weeks)
During the initial application to BCCNP I had to fill out an exemption of English exam form. BCCNP said they would get back to me within 3 weeks once they had reviewed it. They got back to me in just 4 hours and said I met the English fluency requirements.
There is no doubt that this part of the process (dealing with the regulatory body) will be a lot smoother than with NNAS.

It's been a really tiring, frustrating process so far. I know it has been much longer for some other people, but it was so draining dealing with NNAS.
I am so glad to finally be done with them!

I'm really hoping that I get a favorable result from BCCNP.
I am very skeptical though as I've heard of situations of people with 'comparable' results having to sit the NCAS exam, then having to complete a bridging course AND 1600 hours of work as a care aide in Canada....

Thanks for posting this timeline. I just realized..we are now in January 2020 and the board still hasnt gotten back to you yet?

Jan 5, 2020
Thanks for posting this timeline. I just realized..we are now in January 2020 and the board still hasnt gotten back to you yet?
Clearly I forgot that it's 2020 too!
I got my dates all mixed up. I'm trying to edit my post, but I can't find how to do it.

Okay, so...

*EDIT*
Applied to NNAS in April 2019
I got my NNAS report on January 4, 2020
Applied to BCCNP on January 4, 2020
I heard back from BCCNP today (January 7, 2020)

BCCNP have referred me for the $2000 NCAS assessment.
Which of course I am disgruntled by!
Very confused to how my 'comparable' NNAS report is beneficial at all.
Surely if even comparable NNAS results will have to do NCAS, everyone will. I really feel that if this is the case, they should just get us all to do NCAS to start with.

Anyways, I have emailed BCCNP asking them why I still have to do the NCAS. Especially as I already completed an OSCE exam as part of my degree.

Just waiting to hear back from them, but it looks as though I'm going to have to complete this NCAS exam.

Last edited: