+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

National Nursing Assessment Centre NNAS

needguidance

Nov 8, 2019
Clearly I forgot that it's 2020 too!
I got my dates all mixed up. I'm trying to edit my post, but I can't find how to do it.

Okay, so...

*EDIT*
Applied to NNAS in April 2019
I got my NNAS report on January 4, 2020
Applied to BCCNP on January 4, 2020
I heard back from BCCNP today (January 7, 2020)

BCCNP have referred me for the $2000 NCAS assessment.
Which of course I am disgruntled by!
Very confused to how my 'comparable' NNAS report is beneficial at all.
Surely if even comparable NNAS results will have to do NCAS, everyone will. I really feel that if this is the case, they should just get us all to do NCAS to start with.

Anyways, I have emailed BCCNP asking them why I still have to do the NCAS. Especially as I already completed an OSCE exam as part of my degree.

Just waiting to hear back from them, but it looks as though I'm going to have to complete this NCAS exam.
Thanks for the edit.
My gosh, what country (&school) are you applying from?.

cdurnin79

Jul 11, 2019
I got my dates all mixed up. I'm trying to edit my post, but I can't find how to do it.

Okay, so...

*EDIT*

Surely if even comparable NNAS results will have to do NCAS, everyone will. I really feel that if this is the case, they should just get us all to do NCAS to start with.

Anyways, I have emailed BCCNP asking them why I still have to do the NCAS. Especially as I already completed an OSCE exam as part of my degree.

Just waiting to hear back from them, but it looks as though I'm going to have to complete this NCAS exam.
I got a comparable result too but have to do either bridging or OSCE in OB and paeds after assessment from NSCN...

I went with bridging and that includes clinical hours... here we go again...

Reactions: Evergreen_3034

CMCB

Star Member
Sep 19, 2019
I got my NNAS report which stated noncomparable.Do you guys know of anyone who got nonconparable who did not have to do OSCE or bridging.

Jan 5, 2020
I got a comparable result too but have to do either bridging or OSCE in OB and paeds after assessment from NSCN...

I went with bridging and that includes clinical hours... here we go again...

You’re lucky that they gave you options!

Two days after I applied to BCCNP they told me that I have to do an NCAS evaluation.

I asked why, considering I got a ‘comparable’ result and I also asked if someone could properly review my file as I also have 4 years experience. Alongside this, I queried for alternatives such as a bridging course instead of this $2000 exam..

They told me I have to do the NCAS because NNAS is only one component of their assessment and they use both NNAS and NCAS together to decide if any transitional education is needed..

Last edited:

j0pd008

Star Member
Jul 7, 2018
Hi ,kindly suggest me i wrk at call center to get experience to wave away language requiremnt.will CNO accept it.my employer already sent lettr with job description to them.any suggestion plz

Evergreen_3034

Jun 18, 2018
Hi

Hi,
I got my report yesterday. It is non comparable let c I will apply to cno.
Hi, thank you for sharing that you got your report recently. I'm still waiting for mine. At least you can now begin the process of applying for registration at your province. I'm hoping to getting mine soon. NNAS application is from April 2019.

Last edited:

Evergreen_3034

Jun 18, 2018
Hello Everyone,
As some have posted updates on getting their advisory reports, I'd like to also share that I got my Advisory Report yesterday.
Comparable results.
NNAS application submitted on April 2019.
Provinces of choice: Ontario (CNO) and Nova Scotia.
I have started the initial application for CNO and will start on Nova Scotia's in a few days.
CNO sends you a Jurisprudence Exam link via email immediately upon payment of the initial application. You don't have to take exam right away, but you do have to sign in the website (link) that CNO sends you, as per their email.

Reactions: Ritu Thapa

Ritu Thapa

Aug 21, 2019
Toronto
Hello Everyone,
As some have posted updates on getting their advisory reports, I'd like to also share that I got my Advisory Report yesterday.
Comparable results.
NNAS application submitted on April 2019.
Provinces of choice: Ontario (CNO) and Nova Scotia.
I have started the initial application for CNO and will start on Nova Scotia's in a few days.
CNO sends you a Jurisprudence Exam link via email immediately upon payment of the initial application. You don't have to take exam right away, but you do have to sign in the website (link) that CNO sends you, as per their email.
Hi, its great to know you had your report as comparable. Congratulations!!! And I hope you get your license soon :)
If you don't mind sharing, may I know your ETP?
I got 'Ready for Final Review' on Dec 20 2019. Waiting for my report.

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016

Okay, so...

*EDIT*

Because NNAS is just a money maker.

Diana Arun

Star Member
Aug 21, 2019
Hi my nnas is about to expiry since my language test nt cleared .. Now i received admission for a nursing course which is of 2 year . so what should i do ? Should i renew now and is yes how to renew

Diana Arun

Star Member
Aug 21, 2019
Hi, its great to know you had your report as comparable. Congratulations!!! And I hope you get your license soon :)
If you don't mind sharing, may I know your ETP?
I got 'Ready for Final Review' on Dec 20 2019. Waiting for my report.
Did u submit your language proficiency test ?