+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

National Nursing Assessment Centre NNAS

Ritu Thapa

Aug 21, 2019
Toronto
Hi my nnas is about to expiry since my language test nt cleared .. Now i received admission for a nursing course which is of 2 year . so what should i do ? Should i renew now and is yes how to renew
If I was in your place, I would go to nursing school because going through NNAS is not a sure shot way of becoming an RN, since you might be directed to go back to school by the nursing body at the end. But if you go to a Canadian nursing school, you'll directly be sitting for the NCLEX after your graduation and become an RN with much ease.

Reactions: RN_0001

Maceyhdez

Apr 26, 2019
Hello everyone,
I've been watching this board and there has been a lot of great information. But I thought I'd give a run down of my NNAS experience. I first applied Jan 11, 2019. They had all the paperwork by May, needed clarification, received it in June but my application wasn't "Ready for Review" until July. Estimated review would be done 9/11/19, but completed in November. Final review was started, supposed to be done first part of January, but there was a discrepancy to be clarified, and I received the advisory report this morning Jan 17,2020
I'm non-comparable which is very frustrating but not surprising. I was educated and work in Oklahoma and have my BSN, but my associates/RN degree was from a community college and the program had been revamped shortly after I graduated and the school no longer has any curriculum or syllabi from when I was a student. So half the information needed for the assessment is missing.
I'm applying to NSCN, so we will see what sort of response I receive. If anyone has any advice or info about their experience with NSCN I'd greatly appreciate it. I've been reading through their website to make sure I understand everything before applying.

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
Hello everyone,
I've been watching this board and there has been a lot of great information. But I thought I'd give a run down of my NNAS experience. I first applied Jan 11, 2019. They had all the paperwork by May, needed clarification, received it in June but my application wasn't "Ready for Review" until July. Estimated review would be done 9/11/19, but completed in November. Final review was started, supposed to be done first part of January, but there was a discrepancy to be clarified, and I received the advisory report this morning Jan 17,2020
I'm non-comparable which is very frustrating but not surprising. I was educated and work in Oklahoma and have my BSN, but my associates/RN degree was from a community college and the program had been revamped shortly after I graduated and the school no longer has any curriculum or syllabi from when I was a student. So half the information needed for the assessment is missing.
I'm applying to NSCN, so we will see what sort of response I receive. If anyone has any advice or info about their experience with NSCN I'd greatly appreciate it. I've been reading through their website to make sure I understand everything before applying.
Ask them if they have a process for those who are 'non-comparable' that is similar to the one in Ontario, where there is an opportunity to have some paperwork completed by your employer about the different things you do at work (assuming you are working as a registered nurse in Oklahoma). In Ontario this can in some cases count towards seeing you as having an education equivalent to a Canadian nursing education.

Evergreen_3034

Jun 18, 2018
I got a comparable result too but have to do either bridging or OSCE in OB and paeds after assessment from NSCN...

I went with bridging and that includes clinical hours... here we go again...
Hi cdurnin79,
I have my NNAS advisory report completed (comparable result) and I chose Nova Scotia as one of my boards. Please let me know how long it took for you to get results from NSCN, specifically, how long it took them to let you know that you that need to complete bridge or OSCE.
Thank you in advance.

Evergreen_3034

Jun 18, 2018
Hello fellow nurses,
Do any of you know, regarding CNO, if once we have "Met" all of the items of our CNO application, about how long does it take for CNO to inform us that they have reviewed our application and find some deficiencies/ or that we can go ahead and get registered for RN license? Please share your experience regarding this.
I applied a few days ago to CNO, and I require to get my Employer to write to CNO regarding Employment description of what I did there, etc. I also have the jurisprudence exam to complete, and language is still unmet. The rest of the items have been met. What happens after all items have been "Met" and how long does it take for them to usually let us know their results. Thank you!

Ausnurse

Mar 4, 2019
Update:
NNAS report comparable.
CARNA have reviewed my application and stated that i need further education. Unlikely that i will proceed any further as i will not wait years to get into a school to study obstetrics for over year, when i have no want to ever work in maternity or with children. NNAS is a massive waste of time and money as we all know, the nursing boards will still decide in the end so the whole thing should just go to them from the beginning. Good luck all!

kulbirkaur

Apr 17, 2019
Australia
Even i graduate in 2016 and have not done maternity I am working in paeds we did some components in paeds as general in my master degree i don't know what CNO will decide even I haven't got my report yet as well did they ask you to do the course in Canada or you can do in Australia as well.

kam kaur

Aug 21, 2019
Ask them if they have a process for those who are 'non-comparable' that is similar to the one in Ontario, where there is an opportunity to have some paperwork completed by your employer about the different things you do at work (assuming you are working as a registered nurse in Oklahoma). In Ontario this can in some cases count towards seeing you as having an education equivalent to a Canadian nursing education.
Hi I was a RN in India and RPN in Ontario and had 8 years experience. I got non comparable from NNAS and CNO send me two part paper work. one for education and other one for experience and safe practice . I sent e mail and CNO education is diiferent than experience. please advise me. many thanks in advance.

Jan 5, 2020
Update:
NNAS report comparable.
CARNA have reviewed my application and stated that i need further education. Unlikely that i will proceed any further as i will not wait years to get into a school to study obstetrics for over year, when i have no want to ever work in maternity or with children. NNAS is a massive waste of time and money as we all know, the nursing boards will still decide in the end so the whole thing should just go to them from the beginning. Good luck all!
I’m so sorry to hear this. The whole process is so so disheartening.

They need nurses in Canada, so I really don’t get why they make it so difficult :(

What a waste time for everyone involved.

Best of luck to you and your future endeavours. Maybe one day they’ll ease up when theyre in an even more-so nursing crisis.

Kiran’s

Jan 25, 2020
Hi everyone. Following this thread for a while now for the much needed information. Got my advisory report from nnas few days ago and it came somewhat comparable for rpn and non comparable for rn. Payed fee for registration as RPN ton CNO. What should be the next steps? Kindly guide me!!

keepGoing31

Feb 11, 2019
Hi! Hope somebody could answer.

I am planning to start my NNAS application for Ontario and Nova Scotia. I know that I can waive the language requirement at this stage with NNAS in Ontario, but can I also waive it for Nova Scotia?

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
Hi everyone. Following this thread for a while now for the much needed information. Got my advisory report from nnas few days ago and it came somewhat comparable for rpn and non comparable for rn. Payed fee for registration as RPN ton CNO. What should be the next steps? Kindly guide me!!
CNO will send you a letter and tell you what to do next.

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
Hi I was a RN in India and RPN in Ontario and had 8 years experience. I got non comparable from NNAS and CNO send me two part paper work. one for education and other one for experience and safe practice . I sent e mail and CNO education is diiferent than experience. please advise me. many thanks in advance.
I will try to help but what is your question?

dream2211

May 5, 2018
Hi , i am new to this forum, My nnas application is ready for final review since dec 2019, Anyone knows when can i expect my advisory report?