+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

National Nursing Assessment Centre NNAS

Dairmeey

Nov 30, 2019
This thread is really great! I have a few questions and clarifications to make please.

1. What is the safe practice, kept seeing it but didn’t really get it
2. I noticed most persons here registered under Ontario or Alberta, I want to know if there’s a problem with other provinces and what other provinces can you suggest I choose except from both mentioned above
3. I recently heard about Omni college in Vancouver Canada, Has anyone heard about the college and it helps with Canadian registration process?
4. Lastly I’m about to start my nnas application from my home country, when I get my advisory report and before then, how can I move to Canada. Will I apply for a study or work visa from the Canadian embassy or what way should I go about it. I’m kind of confused.

I’m anticipating replies. Thanks so much in advance.

j0pd008

Star Member
Jul 7, 2018
hi everyone,i cleared my lpn exam last month.nw i m thinking to apply for RN exam. can i ask CNO to use same document sent by my workplace for LPN for RN evaluation as it wll save soe money and time

Ritu Thapa

Aug 21, 2019
Toronto
An update to say I got COMPARABLE! Yay!!! So happy all this is over!
Random info:
I studied in Australia at the university of the sunshine coast, graduated 2016.
Congratulations on getting comparable!
If you don't mind sharing, could you please let us know your ETP% along with your theoretical, simulation and clinical hours for each subject listed?

jsingh4444

May 11, 2015
Hello Everyone,
I am RN(2010)from India with almost 2 years work experience from India. Then i got Lpn license from CNO and working as LPN in Alberta from last 4 years. Currently living in alberta. I want to apply for RN but not sure which province will be easy as looks like Alberta is very difficult one.

mehmi

Apr 16, 2019
Hello... i just finish my LPN in bc. My question is can i change my province from bc to cno so i can update my education to waive off my language proficency requirements. I applied for RN in aug 2019.i already sumitted my documents from my school (india). My status showing "ready to review". If anyone can help please reply. Thanks in advance.

Ann1

Dec 2, 2019
hi guys,i finallygot result for rpn..i got pass.anyone need help .let me know,i ll try to ansas much as i cn
Hello,
Please I am just worried if anyone was ask by cno to write CAS. I only worked few weeks after graduation and it's over 1year that I worked. CNO wants me to write competency assessment statement and also for my employer to submit job description. My question is since I have barely practiced after graduation, can I use my clinical experience? Thank you

Dec 3, 2019
Hey everyone,

I am an Australian trained RN and I applied for NNAS end of last year and I am finally at 'ready for final review' process. This has been taking so long for me mainly because they are requesting information from my employer again and again and again. Like about 4 times and back and forth emails from multiple people from my hospital.

I don't know how much longer I need to wait and I am desperate to get the advisory report from NNAS so I can apply for BCCNP.

I am pretty sure I will get a comparable result as I have a bachelor degree and graduate certificate in nursing. My friend who only had a bachelor degree got a comparable result from NNAS.

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
Hello,
Please I am just worried if anyone was ask by cno to write CAS. I only worked few weeks after graduation and it's over 1year that I worked. CNO wants me to write competency assessment statement and also for my employer to submit job description. My question is since I have barely practiced after graduation, can I use my clinical experience? Thank you
No. Your clinical experience counts towards the assessment of your education. Paid work experience is what you need when you submit your job description.

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
Hey everyone,

I am an Australian trained RN and I applied for NNAS end of last year and I am finally at 'ready for final review' process. This has been taking so long for me mainly because they are requesting information from my employer again and again and again. Like about 4 times and back and forth emails from multiple people from my hospital.

I don't know how much longer I need to wait and I am desperate to get the advisory report from NNAS so I can apply for BCCNP.

I am pretty sure I will get a comparable result as I have a bachelor degree and graduate certificate in nursing. My friend who only had a bachelor degree got a comparable result from NNAS.
When NNAS was new, Australian educated nurses were getting non-comparable. They have recognized there were problems with the assessment and now Aus nurses are getting comparable. Good luck!

amlinumaaldao

Dec 10, 2014
Hi friends,
When I see my NNAS online profile it says I can waive language requirement. Does it mean I don’t have to give English results to CNO ?
What should I do ? Should I waive language requirement or just leave it like that ?
It’s my wife’s application and she is a RN from India , we have applied for Ontario

kam kaur

Aug 21, 2019
Hi friends,
When I see my NNAS online profile it says I can waive language requirement. Does it mean I don’t have to give English results to CNO ?
What should I do ? Should I waive language requirement or just leave it like that ?
It’s my wife’s application and she is a RN from India , we have applied for Ontario
hi for CNO , its ok to waive at this point ,but later CNO will ask you for registration. now NNAS will just assess you.
all the best

RachelS

Dec 11, 2019
Hi everyone,
Sorry if this has already been answered... I am a UK nurse looking to move to Canada under the Federal Skilled Worker program. I am confused!!! To apply for Express Entry I need to get my education verified. It looks like I have to get this done through WES and then at the same time apply for assessment by NNAS. It feels like Im paying twice for the same thing!! Can anyone shed any light on this for me? Thank you!
Rachel

kam kaur

Aug 21, 2019
Hi everyone,
Sorry if this has already been answered... I am a UK nurse looking to move to Canada under the Federal Skilled Worker program. I am confused!!! To apply for Express Entry I need to get my education verified. It looks like I have to get this done through WES and then at the same time apply for assessment by NNAS. It feels like Im paying twice for the same thing!! Can anyone shed any light on this for me? Thank you!
Rachel
Hi as per my experience ,I wasted money for WES but never used for CNO ,I think only only NAAS and CNO is enough to pay for new immigrants. all the best