+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

National Nursing Assessment Centre NNAS

Kulvinderkaur

Sep 14, 2019
its really urgent for me plz tell me if i m applying for BC province in canada for RN, in NNAS if i do not fill experience. will it effect on something in my advisory report or in future.

Ritu Thapa

Aug 21, 2019
Toronto
Hello guys, I have a query regarding Evidence of Practice for CNO.
As stated in their website, it says:
"Evidence of Practice can also be demonstrated by:
  • completing other nursing education within the past three years. This includes both theoretical- and clinical-based components relevant to the category to which you are applying. For example, completing a Post Basic Bachelor program in your country of origin, with a clinical component or Masters of Science or Ph.D. in nursing with a research component, may meet the requirement."
Aside from having work experience in our country.
Does this mean if an applicant graduated within 3 years of applying to CNO, it meets their Evidence of Practice requirement without any work experience?

Geetha Madhu

Nov 15, 2019
Hi
Its very interesting and informative page.
I would like to ask few clarifications.
Did my BSc Nursing in 2009 and practiced as RN in India.
Later did a speciality diploma(post hasic diploma in critical care nursing)in 2010.
Moved to Canada in 2012.
Nnas advisory report for lpn as somewhat received in sept 2016.
CLPNA deneyed registration for want of current practice hours.on approach they asked to do some approved programm to meet the compatancy.
Advisory report for RN received as not comparable in Nov 2018, but not yet applied to CARNA as not having current practice hrs.
I am planning to go to my country and work as RN to continue
the processing of lpn and rn in Alberta.
Can some one guide me.
I would like to know the possibilities and also if my report become time barred.
Please reply

kam kaur

Aug 21, 2019
Hi
Its very interesting and informative page.
I would like to ask few clarifications.
Did my BSc Nursing in 2009 and practiced as RN in India.
Later did a speciality diploma(post hasic diploma in critical care nursing)in 2010.
Moved to Canada in 2012.
Nnas advisory report for lpn as somewhat received in sept 2016.
CLPNA deneyed registration for want of current practice hours.on approach they asked to do some approved programm to meet the compatancy.
Advisory report for RN received as not comparable in Nov 2018, but not yet applied to CARNA as not having current practice hrs.
I am planning to go to my country and work as RN to continue
the processing of lpn and rn in Alberta.
Can some one guide me.
I would like to know the possibilities and also if my report become time barred.
Please reply
Hi as I know for CNO they don't need specific hours if you are going to back home like 4 weeks experience is OK but for CARNA I don't know. but I don't know how NNAS gave you not comparable as you did BSC. I know few friends they got comparable after just diploma.

Geetha Madhu

Nov 15, 2019
Hi as I know for CNO they don't need specific hours if you are going to back home like 4 weeks experience is OK but for CARNA I don't know. but I don't know how NNAS gave you not comparable as you did BSC. I know few friends they got comparable after just diploma.
Thank you for your response.
I am planning to go back for five months in order to obtain my experiance.
In 2012 as soon as IN arrived

kam kaur

Aug 21, 2019
Hey Guys,

Sharing my sucess story: Firstly thanks to ALMIGHTY I got RN license without IENCAP

My NNAS report was almost 44%. CNO had asked me to do IENCAP or Submit Evidence of practice that meets your competency gaps. They will review my application and if they are still unsatisfied they will ask to do competency course as part of the process.

I was practicing nursing in USA working for a hospital, my job experience letter was submitted to CNO in February 2019 and my application was placed in assessment queue.

I also registered for IENCAP which I was suppose to give on November 2019. I am so glad that I am cancelling that exam now as I am no longer required to give IENCAP.

Thanks you everyone on the forum for your assistance and sharing knowledge.
Hi
I got 38% and CNO asked my education and safe practice and they also mentioned that that I need my job description. there was two package in my message center. yours was only one or two ?
please respond me.
many thanks in advance.

Geetha Madhu

Nov 15, 2019
I appeared once for RN registration exam from CNO in 2012 directly, immediately before the nnas introduction.
Now I am planning to obtain 5 months experiance if necessary.
As I am in Alberta I planning for both lpn or rn from CLPNA and CARNA.
I would like to know the validity of nnas repor too.
Also once when applied to CLPNA, with nnas report in 2016 somewhat comparable, they deneyed the registration without giving any explanation or suggestions .
Later when approached said may be lack of current practice hours.
If I obtain the current practice hours will I be able to approach directly CLPNA with the same process ?
Thank you

Ausnurse

Mar 4, 2019
CARNA update.
Application went from “received” to “waiting for assessment”, I had an email from them this morning to say “I am pleased to inform you that your application has now been forwarded for assessment.

Please note the following information:

• We will contact you if any additional information and/or documentation is required.
  • Please ensure your contact information is up to date by logging into your MyCARNA account and updating this information on your profile.
At this time, we cannot provide a timeline for the assessment process. Once the assessment is complete, we will contact you by email.”

Reactions: Evergreen_3034

nursero

Jul 21, 2015
I will be applying to CARNA (Alberta)
I will keep everyone updated, I have quite an in-depth thread on here about my whole progress through this application process
Hi just wondering what makes you different than me...It took me almost 5 years.Asking in the

amesh1295

Nov 25, 2019
Good afternoon everyone!

I'm just wondering how long does it take for NNAS to release advisory report once your application status is on FINAL REVIEW?

I'm a nurse from California and started my application last April 14, 2019.

October 10, 2019 : Evaluator contacted me that i have an issue with my name.
October 14, 2019: provided them with affidavit of one and the same person thru e-mail, my status changed then to ready for review.
November 25, 2019: i noticed that my status changed from ready for review to Final Review.

Evergreen_3034

Jun 18, 2018
Good afternoon everyone!

I'm just wondering how long does it take for NNAS to release advisory report once your application status is on FINAL REVIEW?

I'm a nurse from California and started my application last April 14, 2019.

October 10, 2019 : Evaluator contacted me that i have an issue with my name.
October 14, 2019: provided them with affidavit of one and the same person thru e-mail, my status changed then to ready for review.
November 25, 2019: i noticed that my status changed from ready for review to Final Review.
Based on other posts, anywhere from 10 days to 1 month. My application has been on "Ready for Final Review" since Nov. 9th 2019. Roughly 10 business days. Things may likely get slightly delayed for the long Thanksgiving holiday weekend happening this week for the U.S.

saveslife10

Apr 1, 2019
Hi guys i just want to ask if currently how many months now will NNAS process application? Also who among you here have applied to Nova Scotia College of Nursing, was the process easy or will take many months again?