+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

name different in WES. advice needed

Aatika_m

Star Member
Dec 3, 2019
Hi,

Thanks for this information.
I have two doubts, though:
1) Did WES evaluate your credentials successfully without any hassle if your name was in a different format in your Bachelor's and Master's degree? Because I have that issue, my Bachelors documents have only my name and Masters documents have my name with surname.
Should I attach same name affidavit while sending the copies of degrees from my end?

2) Where did you upload the LOE and same name affidavit that you have shown above?

Thanks in advance.
Hi bhavleen

Hope you are doing good ! Actually I am asking here for my sister. Her name on the education certificate has her and our father's surname while the passport has her name,our father's surname plus husband's surname. I went through alot of threads and what I could understand was that

1) she needs to create wes profile as per her passport name and wherever education details are asked she should put the name as per her degree. Is that correct ? Also She is the primary applicant applying under EE.

2) Post ITA stage she should attach LOE and affidavit explaining the situation. That is what she needs to follow right ?

Waiting for your response !

Thanks

Veejaysingh

Star Member
May 19, 2020
Hello guys..need ur advice..my name is Jagjeet Singh and i have the same name in all my credentials..and same is indicated in my passport as well. But the problem is while i was creating account on WES, it asked for Surname and first name therefore,i mentioned surname as Singh and first name as Jagjeet..now the report which is generated is having my name as SINGH,Jagjeet..will it be a problem for me?
Hey there I am facing the same problem,could you tell how you solve this situation or was it an issue? kindly reply I am stuck in the process. thanks

Veejaysingh

Star Member
May 19, 2020
Hello jagjeet... did your problem get solved? I m also having same problem..and i want to sit for ielts and in my passport i have my full name as kiran deep kaur whereas in wes it is kiran deep KAUR ( kaur as family name)

Should i rectify my passport and add kaur as surname or should i go with it as it is written on passport
Hey Kiran I have a question I have a same problem. in my WES report it says SINGH, Veejay but as per my passport it's only given name Veejay Singh. please let me know how you solve this issue? thanks

Veejaysingh

Star Member
May 19, 2020
Hey guys need help. I have a situation, on my WES report my name is mentioned as Singh, Veejay but on my passport it's only Veejay Singh as a given name but no family name. Is it going to be a problem as I am in the process of post ITA. if anyone know how did you deal with this situation if there was an issue? kindly reply thanks in advance.

nevilpatel

Feb 17, 2021
hello everyone ,I trust are you doing good, I need ur help

while fill form at WES I put my father name as "Vinodrai" but on my degree certificate credential name as "Vinodray" just Y and I difference. and on my passport it said Vinodrai with I. will it create problem. ?? thanks in advance.

Veejaysingh

Star Member
May 19, 2020
Hello guys..need ur advice..my name is Jagjeet Singh and i have the same name in all my credentials..and same is indicated in my passport as well. But the problem is while i was creating account on WES, it asked for Surname and first name therefore,i mentioned surname as Singh and first name as Jagjeet..now the report which is generated is having my name as SINGH,Jagjeet..will it be a problem for me?
Hey Jagjeet, how do you solve this issue. I am stuck with the same problem. please reply thanks

Veejaysingh

Star Member
May 19, 2020
I have the same query. Did anyone get any problem?
Any help would be highly appreciated.
In my case I tried to contact Wes to issue me a new report .they said that's the way name is stored in their database. so they didn't give me a new report. So I just made a same name person affidavit and explain in the LOE. let's see.

Reactions: saranreddyp

meetp1005

Mar 10, 2021
In my case I tried to contact Wes to issue me a new report .they said that's the way name is stored in their database. so they didn't give me a new report. So I just made a same name person affidavit and explain in the LOE. let's see.
Thank you so much Veejay.

Poojathakur

Mar 18, 2021
Hi,

I have filled WES with name on Degree certificate which is pooja s thakur
But in passport it is expanded name for 's'.
So when ECA evaluation report it is pooja s thakur which is different from name on passport.

Will it be a problem in later process?
It will be really helpful if I can get some suggestion on how to proceed further.

meetp1005

Mar 10, 2021
Hi,

I have filled WES with name on Degree certificate which is pooja s thakur
But in passport it is expanded name for 's'.
So when ECA evaluation report it is pooja s thakur which is different from name on passport.

Will it be a problem in later process?
It will be really helpful if I can get some suggestion on how to proceed further.
In this case affidavit for same name is the possible option.

meetp1005

Mar 10, 2021
Hi,
Do they consider this as a second name? Do we need to fill anything in the known by other name boxes?
Thank you

chidumadhu87

Mar 25, 2021
Hi All - I have the below question, can you pls advice.

Name on credential in WES report is mentioned as below:
V, Xxxx

but in degree certificate name is mentioned as below:
Xxxx V

Will this difference cause any issues during PR processing ?

kapilarya85

Dec 29, 2020
Hi Guys, I went thru this thread however, I am still confused. Actually, I need to file WES for my wife. She has just First name in her Academic certificate. However, In her Passport, She has First Name and Last Name (Last name was added after marriage). So My question is when creating a WES profile for her then Do I need to mention Name as per Passport? If yes then What document I should provide to WES in support of telling them that She doesn't have any Last name on her Academic certificate. Please help me out here if anyone faced same issue.