+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

name different in WES. advice needed

Vidyakar

May 13, 2019
Hi

I had same difference in Passport and Education certificate. WES mentioned as "the name on submitted academic credentials differ from the name indicated above" I got my PR approved.

Steps what I followed.

1. Please provide details in the Letter Of Explanation as below. This is my format but you change the way as per your details.

Educational Credential Assessment Report: WES

The naming convention in academic educational documents and certificates from India would have my last name ”AAAAAAAAA" along with my first name "BBBBBBBB XXXXXX". So all my educational certificate name mentioned as "BBBBBBBB XXXXXXX AAAAAAAAAA". World Education Services(WES) Assessment document# 1234567IMM was expanded and stated as "BBBBBBBB XXXXXXX AAAAAAAAAA".
Note: Affidavit has been uploaded along with Education documents.

2. Get a affidavit and notarized from the lawyer. Make sure you get proper seal from lawyer and while uploading also ensure its properly scanned without missing any signature.

Sample Notarization:

AFFIDAVIT – ONE AND SAME PERSON

I, BBBBBBBB XXXXXXX AAAAAAAAAA, a Citizen of India, Passport#A1234567, born on Month, Date, Year; and residing at: 11 SDFDSFSDFDF, Apt# 1000, Toronto, Ontario, Tel: (123) 345-6789;

SOLEMNLY AFFIRM AS FOLLOWS:

1. The naming convention in academic educational documents and certificates from India would have my last name ”AAAAAAAAA" along with my first name "BBBBBBBB XXXXXX". So all my educational certificate name mentioned as "BBBBBBBB XXXXXXX AAAAAAAAAA". World Education Services(WES) Assessment document# 1234567IMM was expanded and stated as "BBBBBBBB XXXXXXX AAAAAAAAAA".

2. My name stated in all the below academic certificates are one name and belongs to me.

1. BBBBBBBB XXXXXXX AAAAAAAAAA – Undergraduate Degree, Certificate# 123456

2. BBBBBBBB XXXXXXX AAAAAAAAAA – Postgraduate Degree, Certificate# 123456

3. BBBBBBBB XXXXXXX AAAAAAAAAA – Secondary School Leaving Certificate# 123456

4. BBBBBBBB XXXXXXX AAAAAAAAAA – Higher Secondary Course Certificate# 1234567

I affirm that, upon my oath, the information I have entered on this form is correct and the persons named above are one and the same person.

I understand that making a false statement may constitute the crime of perjury.

Signature:

Printed Name:

SOLEMNLY AFFIRMED BEFORE ME at the City of Toronto, Ontario, on: .

3. If you dont want to mention your school certificate then its not required, I just added for additional weightage.
Attach your affidavit along with Educational Document, WES report and IELTS score card.

Hope this may help you at some extent.

I received a report from WES stating that my name is mismatch....
Actually my name is Vidyakar Soundappan in passport and Vidyakar S in all d academicd and certificates back in India as a normal practice. So can anybody please tell me a solution for this issue.

Kvgkdkb1

Jun 1, 2019
Hello guys..need ur advice..my name is Jagjeet Singh and i have the same name in all my credentials..and same is indicated in my passport as well. But the problem is while i was creating account on WES, it asked for Surname and first name therefore,i mentioned surname as Singh and first name as Jagjeet..now the report which is generated is having my name as SINGH,Jagjeet..will it be a problem for me?
Hello jagjeet... did your problem get solved? I m also having same problem..and i want to sit for ielts and in my passport i have my full name as kiran deep kaur whereas in wes it is kiran deep KAUR ( kaur as family name)

Should i rectify my passport and add kaur as surname or should i go with it as it is written on passport

Madhu02

Jun 10, 2019
Hello,

Thanks for the LOE and affidavit format. Do we need to send this to WES again or do we need to upload these letter and affidavit into the profile of Canada website for express entry??

With Love,
Soundarya
Hi,

Can I please get the LOE and affidavit format. I have similar issue. My email ID is mmohakul@gmail.com.

Thanks Madhu

Uzoho

Jul 3, 2019
I want to evaluate 3 results with WES but one is bearing Uzoho Ada while the other 2 are bearing Uzoho Ada Linda with my international passport inclusive. I don't know whether this will disrupt my evaluation request.

BalyanSenior

Jul 17, 2019
Hi all ,
I have first name only in my bachelors degree .
I have full name on my passport and all other documents .
While filling up the WES application it is asking for a compulsory mention of last name .
What shall I write in that section ?

Thanks in advance

sandhuamrit

Jul 27, 2019
Hello jagjeet... did your problem get solved? I m also having same problem..and i want to sit for ielts and in my passport i have my full name as kiran deep kaur whereas in wes it is kiran deep KAUR ( kaur as family name)

Should i rectify my passport and add kaur as surname or should i go with it as it is written on passport

Hi Kiran,
Hope you are doing good!!

Details related to IELTS can be altered if the result is not issued. Just email the IELTs authority with your passport details and mention the changes that you want to do. But keep this in mind that changes can be done prior to the declaration of IELTS results.

sandhuamrit

Jul 27, 2019
Hello guys..need ur advice..my name is Jagjeet Singh and i have the same name in all my credentials..and same is indicated in my passport as well. But the problem is while i was creating account on WES, it asked for Surname and first name therefore,i mentioned surname as Singh and first name as Jagjeet..now the report which is generated is having my name as SINGH,Jagjeet..will it be a problem for me?
Plese let us know once you get the solution

Jatinder_singh

Star Member
Aug 1, 2019
hi everyone.I hope you r good.

I need a valuable advice from you regarding my name mis-match.

On university certificate, it is written as jatinderpal singh while on ECA from ICES, it is written as jatinder singh, middle name ommitted. will it affect my application for immigration process (for PR).

Secondly, i have assessed my master degree not bachelor. So, I want to ask whether bachelor is required to be evaluated or master is fine to apply for Canada PR.
Any feedback will be appreciable.

thanks
jatinder

Aug 15, 2019
I received a report from WES stating that my name is mismatch....
Actually my name is Vidyakar Soundappan in passport and Vidyakar S in all d academicd and certificates back in India as a normal practice. So can anybody please tell me a solution for this issue.
Dear Vidyakar

Did you get an solution to this problem. Please help ?

sanojv

Sep 9, 2019
India
Is there any issues if I create WES profile as per education certificate name? I have name difference between passport & education certificate.

Education certificate : Sanoj V

Passport : Sanoj Venugopalan

Please assist

jcvd

Aug 7, 2019
Hello all,
My problem is kind of same like I have changed my last name from "Patel" to "Kyada" after I completed my bachelor degree and before my passport issue. I have selected "yes" option in question "Has this person ever used any other name? (required)".

In my ECA, It shows both my old name and my current name. I've affidavit which I've used to apply passport but then after I was never asked for the affidavit again. So do I need to upload the affidavit issued from India or have to get new affidavit from here in Canada?

BhavleenKaur

Sep 24, 2019
Hi

I had same difference in Passport and Education certificate. WES mentioned as "the name on submitted academic credentials differ from the name indicated above" I got my PR approved.

Steps what I followed.

1. Please provide details in the Letter Of Explanation as below. This is my format but you change the way as per your details.

Educational Credential Assessment Report: WES

The naming convention in academic educational documents and certificates from India would have my last name ”AAAAAAAAA" along with my first name "BBBBBBBB XXXXXX". So all my educational certificate name mentioned as "BBBBBBBB XXXXXXX AAAAAAAAAA". World Education Services(WES) Assessment document# 1234567IMM was expanded and stated as "BBBBBBBB XXXXXXX AAAAAAAAAA".

2. Get a affidavit and notarized from the lawyer. Make sure you get proper seal from lawyer and while uploading also ensure its properly scanned without missing any signature.

Sample Notarization:

AFFIDAVIT – ONE AND SAME PERSON

I, BBBBBBBB XXXXXXX AAAAAAAAAA, a Citizen of India, Passport#A1234567, born on Month, Date, Year; and residing at: 11 SDFDSFSDFDF, Apt# 1000, Toronto, Ontario, Tel: (123) 345-6789;

SOLEMNLY AFFIRM AS FOLLOWS:

1. The naming convention in academic educational documents and certificates from India would have my last name ”AAAAAAAAA" along with my first name "BBBBBBBB XXXXXX". So all my educational certificate name mentioned as "BBBBBBBB XXXXXXX AAAAAAAAAA". World Education Services(WES) Assessment document# 1234567IMM was expanded and stated as "BBBBBBBB XXXXXXX AAAAAAAAAA".

2. My name stated in all the below academic certificates are one name and belongs to me.

1. BBBBBBBB XXXXXXX AAAAAAAAAA – Undergraduate Degree, Certificate# 123456

2. BBBBBBBB XXXXXXX AAAAAAAAAA – Postgraduate Degree, Certificate# 123456

3. BBBBBBBB XXXXXXX AAAAAAAAAA – Secondary School Leaving Certificate# 123456

4. BBBBBBBB XXXXXXX AAAAAAAAAA – Higher Secondary Course Certificate# 1234567

I affirm that, upon my oath, the information I have entered on this form is correct and the persons named above are one and the same person.

I understand that making a false statement may constitute the crime of perjury.

Signature:

Printed Name:

SOLEMNLY AFFIRMED BEFORE ME at the City of Toronto, Ontario, on: .

3. If you dont want to mention your school certificate then its not required, I just added for additional weightage.
Attach your affidavit along with Educational Document, WES report and IELTS score card.

Hope this may help you at some extent.

Hi,

Thanks for this information.
I have two doubts, though:
1) Did WES evaluate your credentials successfully without any hassle if your name was in a different format in your Bachelor's and Master's degree? Because I have that issue, my Bachelors documents have only my name and Masters documents have my name with surname.
Should I attach same name affidavit while sending the copies of degrees from my end?

2) Where did you upload the LOE and same name affidavit that you have shown above?

Thanks in advance.

siriusblack

Jul 7, 2019
Is there any issues if I create WES profile as per education certificate name? I have name difference between passport & education certificate.

Education certificate : Sanoj V

Passport : Sanoj Venugopalan

Please assist
Hi Sanoj,

I had he same issue that you mentioned. Were you able to figure out how to proceed further?