+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

name different in WES. advice needed

MEHAR1313

Oct 21, 2019
Hello guys..need ur advice..my name is Jagjeet Singh and i have the same name in all my credentials..and same is indicated in my passport as well. But the problem is while i was creating account on WES, it asked for Surname and first name therefore,i mentioned surname as Singh and first name as Jagjeet..now the report which is generated is having my name as
SINGH,Jagjeet..will it be a problem for me?
hi jagjeet! Even ive made the same mistake but by ECA is still pending. Did you face any issues??
could you suggest what should i do to rectify my error

Ziya Sam

Oct 19, 2019
Do I need to send documents to WES again? or during the Express Entry profile, I need to attach this LOE?

cnwoke

Jan 18, 2018
Hi,

In my own case my Bachelors Degree was issued with my middle name and first name switched. e.g. Middle First Last Name.
But in my Masters Degree it is written in the correct order of First Middle Last Name. Please how do I fill in the WES forms? Do I fill that of my first degree in the order the names was written or in the correct order of my names? Please I need help with this. Thanks...

BhavleenKaur

Sep 24, 2019
Hi Aditya,

Can you please calrify where to upload the scanned copy of LOE and affidavit?
I am assuming, after getting an ITA, while uplaoding other documents. Can you please confirm on this part?

DeepRaman658

Oct 12, 2019
Hi Aditya,

Can you please calrify where to upload the scanned copy of LOE and affidavit?
I am assuming, after getting an ITA, while uplaoding other documents. Can you please confirm on this part?
Bhavleen you dont need to send LOE or Affidavit to WES. Your ECA report will include the comment that name is different but it is fine. It does not make your report invalid.You need to attach LOE when you will apply for PR. Hope it helps.

If you see the comment please reply. I have a query n need your help.

BhavleenKaur

Sep 24, 2019
Bhavleen you dont need to send LOE or Affidavit to WES. Your ECA report will include the comment that name is different but it is fine. It does not make your report invalid.You need to attach LOE when you will apply for PR. Hope it helps.

If you see the comment please reply. I have a query n need your help.

Thanks for the reply. Yes, tell me?

DeepRaman658

Oct 12, 2019
Thanks for the reply. Yes, tell me?
I was creating a WES profile for my friend who has his surname on his passport but not on educational credentials.I made a profile with his full name including surname. But while adding credentials it is again asking for first name, middle name and surname. Also it is written that name should be exact as it appears on credentials. Should I use his name without surname here? Or I should write surname everywhere.

pvivek5828

Star Member
Jan 24, 2018
I was creating a WES profile for my friend who has his surname on his passport but not on educational credentials.I made a profile with his full name including surname. But while adding credentials it is again asking for first name, middle name and surname. Also it is written that name should be exact as it appears on credentials. Should I use his name without surname here? Or I should write surname everywhere.
For educational details, you will have to add name same as degree, so in your friend's case, add a name without surname.

DeepRaman658

Oct 12, 2019
For educational details, you will have to add name same as degree, so in your friend's case, add a name without surname.
Then WES will mention his name with surname on the report? Because on a same report I have to use 2 names. Someone told me that in wes application use full name everywhere so I am confused that I made profile with surname but they are asking for credential name when i am adding credentials.

Ziya Sam

Oct 19, 2019
Hi, Help me if anyone faces this issue.

WES has cancelled my application and mentioned the below reason.

"We regret to inform you that we are unable to prepare an evaluation report for you due to a significant difference between the name on your order and the name on one or more of the credentials submitted"

What are the supporting documents I'm supposed to send to WES when my name on the passport and academic certificates differ? For example: I was a Christian got married to a Muslim guy in all my education credentials I have my Christian name but in my passport, I have a Muslim name since it was changed after marriage. So guide me with what are the documents I need to submit to WES for verification?

BK1993

Feb 7, 2020
Guys do I get some points for my undergrad even though, I did not get education evaluation (WES) ?

Yash7Patel

Feb 21, 2020
Hi, Please help me,

My name in Passport and education documents are different. I have "One and Same person Affidavit".
I have to send my documents to WES. Can you help me to know how I attach my affidavit for WES.

Yash7Patel

Feb 21, 2020
hey guys,

my name is passport is shruti sharma and my name in educational credential (i.e. degree certificates) is sharma shruti raja. (raja being my dads first name, which is mentioned in the passport). WES states " the name on submitted academic credentials differ from the name indicated above. " and then the degree evaluation. What do i need to do now? do i need to create an affidavit or a LOE will do? since its just my name jumbled up
Hi,
I have same problem for WES.
Can you guide me about it.

Jun 13, 2020
Hi,

Thanks for this information.
I have two doubts, though:
1) Did WES evaluate your credentials successfully without any hassle if your name was in a different format in your Bachelor's and Master's degree? Because I have that issue, my Bachelors documents have only my name and Masters documents have my name with surname.
Should I attach same name affidavit while sending the copies of degrees from my end?

2) Where did you upload the LOE and same name affidavit that you have shown above?

Thanks in advance.
Hi Bhaveen,
I'm also running into same situation, can you please tell me what you did ? Have you applied for EE ?