+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My study term starting in F2018 but PR renewal application still in process

bricksonly

Mar 18, 2018
Be in Canada first by any means. Maybe you won't get any response from IRCC even after you finish your study and get a job.

Wait4life

Star Member
May 26, 2018
Focus on every aspect of your life since leaving. Why you choose to stay in India after graduating? Why did your parents leave? What makes you come back to Canada now?
This means I can use the same documents I sent with my pr renewal application. The explanation, why my parents left Canada including doctor’s note plus medical reports and why did I choose to stay in India for bachelors and Why i need to come now.
My real brother is already in Canada pursing his masters does this make good impression. I used some of his documents that I idealize him.

evdm

Jun 16, 2017
Anyways, I will keep you guys updated. I have already sent my offer letters from universities to VO stating my urgency to arrive in Canada by start of September, 2018. I hope they will consider the effects of refusal on my career.
IRCC will likely not weigh the supposed effects on your career very heavily in your favour unless the bachelor's degree you did was something very specialized and only available in India, and the Master's degree you are pursuing in Canada is similarly specialized and only available in Canada.

The facts that they will see are that you were removed as a minor, and that you chose not to come back to Canada at the earliest opportunity (i.e. it was your choice to study outside of Canada when you became an adult). You had a choice when you became 18 to come to Canada and you chose not to.

The onus is on you to convince IRCC that it was absolutely necessary for you to stay in India up until now, and using only education opportunity as a reason (when you likely could have studied the same degree in Canada) is in most cases not sufficient to warrant special relief from the residency obligations under H&C grounds.

Wait4life

Star Member
May 26, 2018
What are the chances of getting US study visa and entering Canada via private vehicle. My only concern is, will Canadian officer ask me if I already have US study visa, why would i like to enter Canada to study. What are chances of getting away without getting reported. I have my pr renewal application already in process and nothing so far.

To summarize, What difficulties I can face with US study visa while entering Canada on H & C ground and with the reason of study in Canada.

evdm

Jun 16, 2017
nobody can really give you odds of being reported. If you are in breach of the RO, you are in breach of the RO. As a PR you have the right to enter Canada. the CBSA officer cannot stop you.

If your renewal is already in process, there may already be the risk that you will lose your status.

Wait4life

Star Member
May 26, 2018
Just to let you know. I contacted IRCC and they replied that my application is in local office and they will add a note to my application about my urgency to start studies in fall. It’s been almost 3 months in process.

Anyone has idea? What local office does?

Compro

Oct 10, 2018
Just to let you know. I contacted IRCC and they replied that my application is in local office and they will add a note to my application about my urgency to start studies in fall. It’s been almost 3 months in process.

Anyone has idea? What local office does?
Hello, I have a family member in almost your same situation. Can you kindly provide us an update on what happened to your case?