24-11-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
madhusanthosh said:
I have a doubt with B4 and B4A forms. Our main/hand baggage are already checked by the airport officials. So, is it still necessary to list out the items we carry in the baggage? Also, I am travelling on Mar 4th and my wife and kid are coming on Apr 4th. We haven't planned yet on what my wife will be bringing. I have a plan to study things in Canada in that 1 month and then advice her to bring things based on my understanding of the Canada market. In that case, how can I fill the B4A form? Please advice.
Please note that the principal applicant has to declare all items that he/she is planning to bring during the landing itself. I am guessing that you are the principal applicant (otherwise of course you can not do landing without your wife if she is the principal applicant) and so you have to declare during your first landing itself please. So, it's better to declare all those stuff which you think you may bring in future. It does not matter at all if you decide not to bring any declared goods later.

madhusanthosh

Star Member
Aug 14, 2015
viveksharma said:
Please note that the principal applicant has to declare all items that he/she is planning to bring during the landing itself. I am guessing that you are the principal applicant (otherwise of course you can not do landing without your wife if she is the principal applicant) and so you have to declare during your first landing itself please. So, it's better to declare all those stuff which you think you may bring in future. It does not matter at all if you decide not to bring any declared goods later.
Thank you Vivek!!

test100

Jan 10, 2015
As Salam Alikum,

I have planned for landing in May, 2016 (Insha-Allah) . I have to arrange C$22000 for Landing. Can anybody help me out for following

a) How to make Bank Draft of C$ 13000 from Pakistan ?. Remaining will be carried in CASH.
b) If we have a US$ bank account , can we made Bank demand draft in US$ ? It will be acceptable or Not ?
c) US $ Bank Demand draft can be on spouse name ?
d) OR what is the best way for carrying C$ 22000/-?
e) Also please let me know from where i can get "Carrying Good List" and " Goods to follow" forms

I have also learned that, money exchange companies are not making Bank Draft in C$.

Thanks

bikbis

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
immig_IT_guy said:
Hi All,
Here goes my landing experience..
We just recently moved to USA 2 months back before we got our Canadian PR and we had to do our landing before Jan (Expiry date for our Immigrant visa). We selected Vancouver as our Port of entry as it is a short flight from our place SFO (roughly 2.5 hours) and very easy for us to come back on the same day.
Journey#
We were at the airport roughly at 6AM 2 hours prior to our departure and had to wait for 1 hour to get to the airline official. She was unbelievable slow, she took her time another 30 min to start looking at our papers and decided we cannot board as we are late for the flight. We talked with another lady and were able to board next flight which is 4 hours later. Other than our experience at the airline counter, we had a smooth flight experience.
The airline attendant gave us a form to fill out before we land at YYR. I filled the form in the plane.
Landing#
When we landed, we saw 2 lines, 1 for Americans/Canadians/Canadian PR and other for visitors. We were asked to go to the Visitor counter and were greeted with a nice looking Canadian lady. She asked us few questions just basic stuff... How much are you carrying? Any issues with Law? etc
Once after this, there were symbols to go to a big room for New immigrants/students/visitors. We were told to follow the line and were greeted by another lady officer, she gave us pamphlets, brouchers about Canada and asked us to sit to wait for our turn. There were 20-25 people waiting before us(Most of them students), When our turn came, we were greeted by another Canadian officer, she was very polite and welcoming... she entered our address in the system and asked us to wait for 5-10min. Once we did, she again welcomed us to Canada.
When we were out of the Airport, which we did for only 1 hour as we had our return flight in a short while, it felt amazing.... It was like your second home... An amazing feeling I guess only people who landed can explain...
We took our return flight in the night to SFO, The american immigration officer greeted us on our return at YVR, and asked us few basic questions and let us in.
Overall our experience was short and sweet, I would like to thank all the seniors and all the people who helped us to get to this amazing journey.

Thanks

We took our return flight in the night to SFO, The american immigration officer greeted us on our return at YVR, and asked us few basic questions and let us in.

Did you use AVR or had a valid US visa/passport?

Is it possible to travel back to us with valid I-797 but expired visa?

immig_IT_guy

Jan 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-06-2014
Doc's Request.
Sent with Application
Nomination.....
16-10-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
Not Sure
Med's Request
23-12-2014
Med's Done....
03-01-2015, FBI PCC submitted on 03-04-2015
Passport Req..
07-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
06-10-2015
LANDED..........
17-12-2015
Yes, we had a valid US visa.
I'm not sure about your next question

bikbis

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
immig_IT_guy said:
Yes, we had a valid US visa.
I'm not sure about your next question
Thanks for your input.

I just completed my landing procedure and returned back to USA with expired visa.

All I needed was the original copy of i-797 form (valid H1 status).

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you for your nice personal message.

Best regards,

hmisabpk,

Millions thanks for guiding new immigrants, your tips and inputs really helpful for adjusting ourselves with new nation.

Keep the good work.

Thanks,

Y......n

jamy

May 25, 2010
Kuwait
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-4-2010
Doc's Request.
july 6-2010
Nomination.....
22-10-2010
AOR Received.
15-2-2011
IELTS Request
sent with documents
File Transfer...
received 6-12 month letter on 23-3-2012
Med's Request
waiting
Experts pls advise . I have a valid PR and will shift permanent in June.
my bank account is there and I am sending my savings in that account(Scotia bank)
do I need to pay any tax for the money I saved while staying outside Canada as I never worked in Canada ?
also I would like to know if I want to buy house after shifting and bring money from my native country will it be tax free ?
e.g I sell my plot and transfer money to Canada to buy house ?

what is advisable in this scenario to take money before I move permanent or to transfer money later on ?

BanuManu4786

Star Member
Oct 20, 2013
Singapore
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2014
AOR Received.
28-08-2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with file.
File Transfer...
30-09-2014
Med's Request
04-11-2014
Med's Done....
11-11-2014 Further Medicals: 15-09-2015 Medical Received: 14-10-2015 | New MR for me and kids as old one going to expire : 28-10-2015 MR2 Submitted: 16-11-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-12-2015 Passport sent: 14-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-12-2015 Passport received: 24-12-2015
LANDED..........
Hopefully by May 3 2016
Hi Team,

Need some info.

I have today got my Drivers Licence verification letter from Transport Office in India.
My licence was issued more than 10 years back and my Name on the driver licence does not include Last name.The TO issued the letter based on the info on my driver licence. However, my passport has my last name as well.

Question is will the Canadian authorities raise question on my verification letter? What is the worst case scenario for me?
I am due to land in June.

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
test100 said:
As Salam Alikum,

I have planned for landing in May, 2016 (Insha-Allah) . I have to arrange C$22000 for Landing. Can anybody help me out for following

a) How to make Bank Draft of C$ 13000 from Pakistan ?. Remaining will be carried in CASH.
b) If we have a US$ bank account , can we made Bank demand draft in US$ ? It will be acceptable or Not ?
c) US $ Bank Demand draft can be on spouse name ?
d) OR what is the best way for carrying C$ 22000/-?
e) Also please let me know from where i can get "Carrying Good List" and " Goods to follow" forms

I have also learned that, money exchange companies are not making Bank Draft in C$.

Thanks
i don't have answers to all your questions - but i'll try to answer some.
b) yes, pof in the form of a USD draft will be accepted. In fact i recommend that you have it issued in USD as the canadian dollar isn't in its best shape.
c) the principal applicant is the one who will be asked to show the funds for the family. If you are the principal applicant i would strongly recommend that you have the draft issued under your name.
d) the preference is yours. You can have your pof in the form of cash, draft, travellers cheques or a combination of each. Some people have managed to open bank accounts in canada before landing and wired the funds, others have bank accounts in western countries and have only used bank statement/or bank certificate as pof (although i wouldn't recommend a bank statement as pof).

waseem855

Mar 29, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hmisabpk said:
Please visit for details:

http://saweraproperty.com/sawera-property-rental-units-short-term-and-long-term-fully-furnished-bed-rooms-units/

http://saweraproperty.com/

http://www.sabguesthouse.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ujxi4_bs5fg&feature=youtu.be

Contact us for short term accommodation solution's with affordable rates

:) Thanks for visiting our websites :)

Hi hmi Sab,

When are you coming to Vancouver ?

Waseem

madhusanthosh

Star Member
Aug 14, 2015
I heard from a friend that it is always advisable to carry maximum fund at the first entry into Canada since the amount is totally tax free. Any amount which is later transferred to the Canadian Bank account is taxable. Is that the way it works in Canada?

harryp

Star Member
Jun 22, 2014
Hey guys I've read on this forum that few ppl were able to land with indian bank statement as Proof of funds, can you guys pls confirm on that ?

Another thing I'd like to confirm is if I require a transit visa to the UK travelling from India to Canada ? I need your views on this urgently thanks

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
harryp said:
Hey guys I've read on this forum that few ppl were able to land with indian bank statement as Proof of funds, can you guys pls confirm on that ?

Another thing I'd like to confirm is if I require a transit visa to the UK travelling from India to Canada ? I need your views on this urgently thanks
1. not sure, they need to see it HERE, money IN india is not really proof of funds. Bring the funds with you.

2. Ask your travel agent to verify/confirm before issuing ticket/routing/airline, etc

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
harryp said:

Why take risk when you can open a Canadian bank account from India? Take a look at the below link.

http://www.scotiabank.com/startright/