+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MY HEARING EXPERIENCE AND TIPS - MUST READ

OFC632

Star Member
Feb 2, 2023
Ohhh no you don’t need to fill the form, yes I sent my application the 26th of September. Go on google and type IRCC PR PORTAL, there is a new portal for PR for many stream and protected person is one of them, on the portal you will have online questions that are the forms format so you don’t need to fill the form separately, the website will guide you.
Do you need NOD to apply for PR. I got positive decision on the table 2 days ago and how and when i can apply for PR.
Thank you

Saralynn97

Mar 7, 2018
Do you need NOD to apply for PR. I got positive decision on the table 2 days ago and how and when i can apply for PR.
Thank you
Yeah you need your NOD to apply but you can start filling everything on the portal, there is a IRCC portal for PR. Google it and start filling everything

Saralynn97

Mar 7, 2018
Hey! I just submitted my PR application today. If you dont mind can you please keep me updated whenever you hear something back because I might be hearing from them around the same time as you :) thanks and goodluck
Hey for sure, I will keep you posted, which province you applied from?

spamed

Star Member
Oct 10, 2023
Montreal
Category........
Other
Thank you
Yeah you need the NOD. Mine was sent to me through email after 10 days and I applied using that one

validity

Oct 9, 2023
Hello Beautiful People!

I wanted to come on here and share my experience from my hearing today (October 17th) at 1 PM EST. I believe it's important to be open about my case details in the hope that it might assist others facing similar situations. Before my hearing, I was also desperately searching for posts like this, hoping for guidance.

My case centered around my sexual orientation and the persecution I faced from my relatives in my home country, a Muslim nation where homosexuality is both religiously and legally condemned. As a result, I faced mistreatment and multiple life threats.

As I joined the virtual hearing, I went through technical checks for audio and video, confirmed my current address and phone number with the tech guy, and met my interpreter/translator. As you can see I speak fluent English and don't really need an interpreter, however, having an interpreter was highly advised by my lawyer and other people. It did allow me time to think through my answers while the interpreter translated the board member's questions. The board member was not present during this initial phase.

After the technical checks, the board member joined the meeting. She asked me, my lawyer, and the interpreter to introduce ourselves and confirm we were in a private room. She verified my pronouns and had me take an oath. Before questioning, she provided instructions, including the option to ask for question repeats, request breaks, or seek clarification on translations. She also asked for my full legal name and citizenship.

The total amount of time spent on questioning/answering during the full hearing was about 1 hour 15 minutes. The board member inquired about my reasons for seeking refugee protection, how I discovered my sexuality, who I feared in my home country, details about my family, my experiences in Canada, societal attitudes towards homosexuality in my home country, and whether I knew others persecuted for their sexual orientation.

At 2 PM, we took a 15-minute break. Upon returning at 2:15 PM, the board member asked one final question about how I discovered my same-gender attraction. After answering, she granted a 1-hour break at 2:18 PM. During this time, my lawyer hinted that the outcome might be positive since the board member hadn't asked the lawyer any questions or requested additional documents so far.

When we resumed at 3:18 PM, the board member informed me that my case was approved, which was incredibly uplifting!! She explained her decision for 15 minutes, explaining her reasons for approving my case (mostly related to my story and national documentation from my country found on the immigration website). Then she asked if I had any further questions to which I replied "no questions, but I would like to thank you for your time and approving my claim". She congratulated me. Throughout the hearing, she seemed super friendly. She was even smiling and laughing on multiple occasions.

My advice is to remain composed during the hearing, as crying/breaking down might not always demonstrate credibility (unless you can't help it, which is okay). Focus on your narrative, as most questions will stem from your story. For instance, if your account includes a specific incident, expect questions related to it. I recommend using online AI bots like ChatGPT to generate potential questions based on your story and preparing for all of them. Lastly, emphasize the danger you faced in your home country and the ongoing life threats if you were to return as much as you can since that places you under the true definition of a conventional refugee!!

I hope this was helpful. I send my best wishes and positive energy to all of you hardworking individuals! :) You are in my thoughts and prayers. <3
Congrats on your positive results, good luck in your future endeavours.. I have a question though, you mentioned something about NATIONAL DOCUMENTATION, hence I would like to enquire from you and everyone else here what you guys mean by this since I will be having my hearing soon also..Thanks in advance for the assistance you will render guys

inaya.i

Oct 25, 2023
Congrats on your positive results, good luck in your future endeavours.. I have a question though, you mentioned something about NATIONAL DOCUMENTATION, hence I would like to enquire from you and everyone else here what you guys mean by this since I will be having my hearing soon also..Thanks in advance for the assistance you will render guys
Look up your country and similar situation here:

https://irb.gc.ca/en/country-information/ndp/Pages/index.aspx?doc=415045

these are the only articles recognized by immigration that you can mention in your hearing when the board member asks you. And they will also look at them during your hearing in order to make a decision

Sep 21, 2023
Look up your country and similar situation here:

https://irb.gc.ca/en/country-information/ndp/Pages/index.aspx?doc=415045

these are the only articles recognized by immigration that you can mention in your hearing when the board member asks you. And they will also look at them during your hearing in order to make a decision
That is not true; you are free to include other articles as evidence in your refugee claim. This is known as country conditions evidence. These must have been provided to the IRB at least 10 days prior to your hearing.

inaya.i

Oct 25, 2023
That is not true; you are free to include other articles as evidence in your refugee claim. This is known as country conditions evidence. These must have been provided to the IRB at least 10 days prior to your hearing.
You should still be on the safer side and use articles from NDP. :) During my hearing the board member literally read out stuff from NDP articles related to my situation. I wouldn't personally use other articles since IRB won't access those while making a decision, but they will look at NDP ones. Its just a better look than some random ass article.

Sep 21, 2023
You should still be on the safer side and use articles from NDP. :) During my hearing the board member literally read out stuff from NDP articles related to my situation. I wouldn't personally use other articles since IRB won't access those while making a decision, but they will look at NDP ones. Its just a better look than some random ass article.
The NDP for your country of origin is automatically included in evidence which is why your board member considered it. It is also good to refer to articles in the NDP as, like you imply, they will be more trustworthy. However, the information in the NDP may occasionally be incomplete or out of date (for instance, if there was a recent change in circumstances), in which case you should absolutely include your own country conditions evidence.

inaya.i

Oct 25, 2023
The NDP for your country of origin is automatically included in evidence which is why your board member considered it. It is also good to refer to articles in the NDP as, like you imply, they will be more trustworthy. However, the information in the NDP may occasionally be incomplete or out of date (for instance, if there was a recent change in circumstances), in which case you should absolutely include your own country conditions evidence.
Well duh you're not gonna mention something that happened in 1500 since laws change frequently. I'm pretty sure people have that much sense to make sure what they are referring is not outdated information.

Sep 21, 2023
Well duh you're not gonna mention something that happened in 1500 since laws change frequently. I'm pretty sure people have that much sense to make sure what they are referring is not outdated information.
I mean information in the NDP being outdated, not your information being outdated. The situation in your country of origin might change rapidly as a result of new government, laws, court decisions and other factors. The NDP may not necessarily reflect that change for a few months.