+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MY CIC Account locked- need to unlock

Danielmendy

Jan 4, 2018
Hey peeps,
I've accidentally somehow answered those 3 security questions wrong.
I've actually received something from CIC today and now I'm not able to log into that to see what that is.
I contacted webmaster on web-tech-support AT cic.gc.ca. I've also contacted question AT cic.gc.ca

Whom do you think I also should contact? Am I able to call to CIC and ask what they wrote me if I provide them with specific application number?
My application is proccessed in London. I may also call them directly.

Maybe there's someone who had same issue?

Thank you in advance

shamsideeno

Aug 18, 2018
Hey peeps,
I've accidentally somehow answered those 3 security questions wrong.
I've actually received something from CIC today and now I'm not able to log into that to see what that is.
I contacted webmaster on web-tech-support AT cic.gc.ca. I've also contacted question AT cic.gc.ca

Whom do you think I also should contact? Am I able to call to CIC and ask what they wrote me if I provide them with specific application number?
My application is proccessed in London. I may also call them directly.

Maybe there's someone who had same issue?

Thank you in advance
I am having same problem .. please were you able to resolve the problem how did you resolve it?

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
There is no way to unlock MyCIC account, it is gone.
You need to create a new account and then link your application to it using the UCI number and other info from your application.

shamsideeno

Aug 18, 2018
There is no way to unlock MyCIC account, it is gone.
You need to create a new account and then link your application to it using the UCI number and other info from your application.
@ bongoman, many thanks for your response. I've created a new account but still could not link my application. when I tried to link my application using the UCI number it says my UCI number is incorrect. i understand the UCI number is a 10 digit number format is 0000. The number I have on my document is UCI: T257....... and I have another number on the same document which is CIC No that starts with 000000023 , both numbers as on my document are more than 10 digit.
I am frustrated, I am still receiving notifications into my email address saying I have updates in my account but I can't access my account to read the update. This is very frustrating.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Try the UCI without the T. UCI is either 8 or 10 digits, I believe new ones are 10.

If you saved copies of myCIC page the UCI and application number is also there. Application number starts with S.

If UCI fails use the other options where you use your name, passport & application details.

Ib4life

Dec 16, 2018
@ bongoman, many thanks for your response. I've created a new account but still could not link my application. when I tried to link my application using the UCI number it says my UCI number is incorrect. i understand the UCI number is a 10 digit number format is 0000. The number I have on my document is UCI: T257....... and I have another number on the same document which is CIC No that starts with 000000023 , both numbers as on my document are more than 10 digit.
I am frustrated, I am still receiving notifications into my email address saying I have updates in my account but I can't access my account to read the update. This is very frustrating.

Ib4life

Dec 16, 2018
Please I have same issue.my cic account is locked due to incorrect answer to security questions. How did you resolve your issue

santosh964232

Mar 15, 2019
Hi,

Please I have same issue.my cic account is locked due to incorrect answer to security questions. How did you resolve your issue
Have you got any solution for this issue I have got the same problem I have answered wrong then it locked, Iam unable to check my account

Ib4life

Dec 16, 2018
Hi,

Have you got any solution for this issue I have got the same problem I have answered wrong then it locked, Iam unable to check my account
I tried to call but line was too busy for help so I wrote to cic using technical report form.i was advice to open new account which I did when asked if I had old account /previously submitted an accountI clicked yes and gave details. A new account was created and message and details sent to Saskatchewan pnp. Waiting for them to update or reply

Lien Vo

Jun 18, 2019
Please I have same issue.my cic account is locked due to incorrect answer to security questions. Howdid you resolve your issue? Pls help me!!!

Ib4life

Dec 16, 2018
Please I have same issue.my cic account is locked due to incorrect answer to security questions. Howdid you resolve your issue? Pls help me!!!
I had same issue. I had to create new EE account.where they asked if I had an old account I clicked yes but still could not link my two accounts. Fortunately I had no new unread mail in the old account so I selected the old account and revoked my GC key because I did not initially know how to creat a new EE profile under my previous GC key .I had ITA with Snip on going so I sent them my new profile no.uci no and jobseekers code no.

Ib4life

Dec 16, 2018
I had same issue. I had to create new EE account.where they asked if I had an old account I clicked yes but still could not link my two accounts. Fortunately I had no new unread mail in the old account so I selected the old account and revoked my GC key because I did not initially know how to creat a new EE profile under my previous GC key .I had ITA with Snip on going so I sent them my new profile no.uci no and jobseekers code no.
And it was acknowledge. Hope this helps

Lien Vo

Jun 18, 2019
Can you instruct to me how do creat EE ac? And all new unread mail in the old will recape with Ee ac? Tks for your support?

Aug 18, 2020
hi,

My cic account is locked due to wrong security answer. i have received an email from cic that i have to submit my passport before August 26, 2020. but i am not able to login. how can i send them passport. i tried to link my application so many times but it shows no application found. please help me if i will not submit my passport they will refuse my application. i just have 8 days i called them they did not reponse me what i am expecting they are suggesting for extension. i also fill web form they did not reply me. please guys help me as soon as possible

Reactions: ESHAANPAL