taranjotwani

Star Member
Mar 29, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Its been more than a week and I still haven't got any information from CIC. Does anybody have any idea what the problem could be?

NaomiA

Star Member
Mar 3, 2015
Hi all,

This happened to me today. The "A background check is needed" on my application was "in progress" but went to "not needed at this time" today. Here is my timeline:

Nov 10 - FSWP applied from inside Canada:
Nov 11 - AOR received
Nov 25 - "Review of medical" changed to "Pass"
Nov 30 - "Review of eligibility" changed to "Review in Progress"
Nov 30 - "A background check is needed" changed to "Review in Progress"
Dec 10 - "A background check is needed" changed to "Not needed at this time".

I have not been asked to submit any other documents as of now. Does anyone know what this means?

taranjotwani

Star Member
Mar 29, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
NaomiA said:
Hi all,

This happened to me today. The "A background check is needed" on my application was "in progress" but went to "not needed at this time" today. Here is my timeline:

Nov 10 - FSWP applied from inside Canada:
Nov 11 - AOR received
Nov 25 - "Review of medical" changed to "Pass"
Nov 30 - "Review of eligibility" changed to "Review in Progress"
Nov 30 - "A background check is needed" changed to "Review in Progress"
Dec 10 - "A background check is needed" changed to "Not needed at this time".

I have not been asked to submit any other documents as of now. Does anyone know what this means?
Welcome to the club. Nobody has any info yet on this.

tomneversfield

May 8, 2015
USA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
8/10/2015
Med's Done....
7/28/2015
Passport Req..
12/22/2015
I have a theory... maybe Ottawa is starting to transfer some applications to local VO's in order to reduce the growing backlog (due to the Syrian refugee situation). Maybe you guys get this change in background check once the file is handed to the local VO? That would be kind of 'good news' for you all, wouldn't it be?

Alex007

Nov 26, 2015
tomneversfield said:
I have a theory... maybe Ottawa is starting to transfer some applications to local VO's in order to reduce the growing backlog (due to the Syrian refugee situation). Maybe you guys get this change in background check once the file is handed to the local VO? That would be kind of 'good news' for you all, wouldn't it be?
Did you receive any recent updates like ghost emails or any sort of movement in your file?
We both are on the same timeline.

tanmaya

Star Member
Oct 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys i am in the same boat!!!!

It took me a while to figure out what was the change on my application after BG changed from "In Progress" to "Not needed at this time". No request for documents in mycic.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

All Nov AOR candidates struggling with similar situation should connect and try to console each other bcoz we have been pushed back in the queue due to SRC.

tomneversfield

May 8, 2015
USA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
8/10/2015
Med's Done....
7/28/2015
Passport Req..
12/22/2015
Alex007 said:
Did you receive any recent updates like ghost emails or any sort of movement in your file?
We both are on the same timeline.
last movement i got was on 11/25 when my background went into 'progress' and that's it... by the way i'm outland and you're inland so the dynamic of how our applications are being processed is a little different. Some people argue the timeline even differs (even though we're both FSW's)

What are ur latest updates?

Alex007

Nov 26, 2015
tomneversfield said:
last movement i got was on 11/25 when my background went into 'progress' and that's it... by the way i'm outland and you're inland so the dynamic of how our applications are being processed is a little different. Some people argue the timeline even differs (even though we're both FSW's)

What are ur latest updates?
I got update on Nov 26th when the background check updated to "Not needed at this time", this was the recent most update.

kvr007

Aug 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2015
AOR Received.
14-11-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with APP
Med's Request
Submitted with APP
Med's Done....
25-11-2015 Passed
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2016
LANDED..........
15-04-2016
Early today I got an Update email... I thought it would be a ghost email... but when I saw my profile.... to my surprise it is not a ghost email.... I could see Update beside my application.... went in and I am shocked to see... BG Check changed to "Not needed at this time" (Dec 12th) from "Review in progress" (Nov 25th)

Nyla

Star Member
Jul 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
02-12-2015
Passport Req..
May 10, 2016
NaomiA said:
Did anyone get any further instructions from CIC? Any requests for additional documents?
I had mine in progress after medicals passed then they requested Schedule A, after they requested that it went to not needed at this time that was Dec 6. No changes from then even though I provided the document. No updates since.

PN2511

Nov 17, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5-11-2015
AOR Received.
5-11-2015
File Transfer...
3-12-2015
Passport Req..
18/4/2016
"Thank you for contacting Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC).

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that your application is in process.
If further information is needed, the responsible office may contact you.
Please visit our website to see how long it may take to process your application or our Help Centre for more information.
Sincerely,

Citizenship and Immigration Canada
www.cic.gc.ca"

I got this email today, in response to the CSE that i raised towards the change in status

Live2smile

Star Member
Oct 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2015
AOR Received.
19-11-2015
Passport Req..
15-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-04-2016
LANDED..........
03-05-2016
PN2511 said:
"Thank you for contacting Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC).

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that your application is in process.
If further information is needed, the responsible office may contact you.
Please visit our website to see how long it may take to process your application or our Help Centre for more information.
Sincerely,

Citizenship and Immigration Canada
www.cic.gc.ca"

I got this email today, in response to the CSE that i raised towards the change in status
explains nothing, but good to know. let's wait and hope that it is just a technical issue

Hello.Kitty

Nov 11, 2015
Guys!

I'm in the same situation. My BG was In Progress since Nov 20, when I submitted Schedule 4-4a. 5 days ago my status changed from In progress to Not Needed at this time

Does anyone know why this is happening?

I had access to my ECAs, now I don't