+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My application returned I’m frustrated and angry . Use of representative form not signed ?!?! It’s not mandatory I waited 7 months

Idrissrafd

Aug 12, 2020
Good luck to you, I feel IRCC is returning files for non-sense reasons now, they returned my file after 8 months due to missing PCC, where as IRCC website says they will not return / reject the file missing documents and they specifically mentioned PCC, still they rejected mine after 8 months. I reapplied in Canada class now. its more than 4 months and no response. IRCC's system is failed, basically it is more than a year now, when I started spousal sponsorship file but as of today I have not received acknowledgement letter. Overall, it is terrible.
Yes, they've specifically mentioned that, because of the pandemic, it's understandable that someone couldn't get his PCC. But unfortunately you can't do anything. It's really hard to face the administration, even legally it's a nightmare. Good luck.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Yes, they've specifically mentioned that, because of the pandemic, it's understandable that someone couldn't get his PCC. But unfortunately you can't do anything. It's really hard to face the administration, even legally it's a nightmare. Good luck.
The 'exemption' or relaxation about not providing documents specified that the applicant must include an explanation that it's delayed or not immediately possible due to covid.

Unfortunately a lot of applicants did not do that. Also unfortunately, IRCC returned files seemingly for this reason, ie. that the document not available due to covid and the applicant didn't specify it was due to covid.

And then there are also just mistakes on IRCC's end.

Last edited:
Reactions: Idrissrafd

adusafoa01

Star Member
Jan 7, 2020
I'm sorry to hear about this, my friends file was returned too after 6 months in processing due to missing out Country name in IMM5406, but then he reapplied and he got PR within 3 months, this is from 2019. So you may never know, go ahead and reapply maybe they'll process it faster this time.
Am sorry to hear about this too, my was returned after 10 months because I didn't include my travel form, I had no option than to resubmit a new application and now am almost at the end of it, every disappointed is for a good reason don't worry go ahead and submit a new application and add an explanation note to it.

AramanB

Star Member
Sep 21, 2020
Hello everybody!!!! It’s me again the one who was disheartened and disappointed after getting my documents returned after 7 months for forgetting a signature on my optional representative form. I just want to say thank you all !!!!! You guys kept my moral up and was the reason after god of course to keep pushing and put my head up . It was a massive blow but this forum really made it easier to overcome. I have good news !

I resent my application after seeing a comment that they are sending UCI faster than usual so I hurried up and sent it on March 15 received on March /22/2021 and got my UCI today on April/29/2021 a little over a month compare to before was 8 months almost with nothing .I believe this was a blessing in disguise thank you everybody
Hello dear, good to hear that you got AOR, congrats. Some rays of hope for us.
We also applied spousal application and got returned after exactly 7 months. Now we working on resending it. I want to know if you sent the new passport sized photos or same that you sent first time.

Thankful94

Star Member
Sep 15, 2019
We also applied spousal application and got returned after exactly 7 months. Now we working on resending it. I want to know if you sent the new passport sized photos or same that you sent first time.
Thank you I hope everything goes well for you as wel!
What I did was I didn’t change nothing no new police certificate from all the countries my wife stayed more thank 6 months except for the old ones that probably was about to be expired and same signatures and same photos because I knew it’ll take me a few months for my wife to get all these documents so I just signed the missing signature on the representative form and sent it. In the meantime I was preparing for a new applications with new documents like new signatures and police certificates etc if I don’t here from them then or if it’s been returned back. I added a letter stating my situation regarding my wait time and to be compassionate and I got a AOR and now a sponsor approval a week ago. So I’ll see if they tell me to add on when they process the pa application or not. All I wanted for them was to accept the application which they did.

Usa2canada<3

Star Member
Feb 21, 2020
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
13-08-2020
AOR Received.
11-25-2020
They also announced a few weeks ago that processing is starting to speed up and all documents not given must be gathered and sent in as soon as possible

nedvert

Star Member
Jan 23, 2013
Am sorry to hear about this too, my was returned after 10 months because I didn't include my travel form, I had no option than to resubmit a new application and now am almost at the end of it, every disappointed is for a good reason don't worry go ahead and submit a new application and add an explanation note to it.
Can you specify exactly what travel form you forgot to include so I forgot to include mine.

AramanB

Star Member
Sep 21, 2020
Thank you I hope everything goes well for you as wel!
What I did was I didn’t change nothing no new police certificate from all the countries my wife stayed more thank 6 months except for the old ones that probably was about to be expired and same signatures and same photos because I knew it’ll take me a few months for my wife to get all these documents so I just signed the missing signature on the representative form and sent it. In the meantime I was preparing for a new applications with new documents like new signatures and police certificates etc if I don’t here from them then or if it’s been returned back. I added a letter stating my situation regarding my wait time and to be compassionate and I got a AOR and now a sponsor approval a week ago. So I’ll see if they tell me to add on when they process the pa application or not. All I wanted for them was to accept the application which they did.
Thank you so much for sharing this, you gave us hope.

S.Basra

Star Member
Sep 24, 2020
Yes, basically , they are trying to finish their backlog and returning files for stupid reasons. And there was a new that IRCC paid 18 Millionin overtime, i dont understand doing what?

Reactions: AramanB

S.Basra

Star Member
Sep 24, 2020
The 'exemption' or relaxation about not providing documents specified that the applicant must include an explanation that it's delayed or not immediately possible due to covid.

Unfortunately a lot of applicants did not do that. Also unfortunately, IRCC returned files seemingly for this reason, ie. that the document not available due to covid and the applicant didn't specify it was due to covid.

And then there are also just mistakes on IRCC's end.
The problem is , IRCC wants us to understand that they are busy due to Covid and as an applicant i understand and i did not have problem waiting but it is very lame decision of returning file after 7 months due to missing document that they said they wont. If file was returned after 2-3 months no hard feeling but returning after 7 months is just clearing backlog and ne mercy on applicants.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
The problem is , IRCC wants us to understand that they are busy due to Covid and as an applicant i understand and i did not have problem waiting but it is very lame decision of returning file after 7 months due to missing document that they said they wont. If file was returned after 2-3 months no hard feeling but returning after 7 months is just clearing backlog and ne mercy on applicants.
I do not know your situation or what happened. But yes, I agree that returning a file after a very long period is 'lame.'

bwana

Star Member
Feb 11, 2021
True enough my application was also return after exactly 7 Months. For missing a death certificate. They could have just request it as i submit the application the same week of the person deceased. After resubmitting a new application on April 19 this year i got AOR within 3 weeks.Probably they are starting picking up the pace now