+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My application returned I’m frustrated and angry . Use of representative form not signed ?!?! It’s not mandatory I waited 7 months

Thankful94

Star Member
Sep 15, 2019
Hello,

my application has been returned after 7 months because the use of representative for was not signed . I signed 1 instead of 2 boxes. I’m so frustrated I called 6 to 7 times throughout the whole time . This form is not even mandatory . They should’ve asked me to submit it electronically not the whole application . Am I right or wrong I’m so confused

• Angry
Reactions: Alexis1971

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello,

my application has been returned after 7 months because the use of representative for was not signed . I signed 1 instead of 2 boxes. I’m so frustrated I called 6 to 7 times throughout the whole time . This form is not even mandatory . They should’ve asked me to submit it electronically not the whole application . Am I right or wrong I’m so confused
Of course you're right to be frustrated and angry, anyone would be.

But the question is, what do you think you're going to get out of it.

Sorry to tell you, not much. There's no process to get you faster processing because someone was excessively strict.

Blow off some steam for a day or two and re-submit.

That's unfortunately all you can do (realistically). Write some complaints to your MP and others if you like, if that's your way to blow off steam. But if it's going to get you more upset, don't bother.

Reactions: his*marty

Thankful94

Star Member
Sep 15, 2019
Thank you very much for the reply. What’s more disheartening I have kids with her they are Canadian with the mother. I missed them. It’s mentioned in the letter that it’ll leave the lineup . It’ll go all the way back from the day they receive the signed document and the rest of the documents they returned . It’s so unfair . If I left out a document or a important signature ok I get it but if I would’ve not even filled a representative form it’ll be processed it’s crazy . The only reason why I filled that form was to able to enquire about the application over the phone

BRIL23

Feb 27, 2017
Thank you very much for the reply. What’s more disheartening I have kids with her they are Canadian with the mother. I missed them. It’s mentioned in the letter that it’ll leave the lineup . It’ll go all the way back from the day they receive the signed document and the rest of the documents they returned . It’s so unfair . If I left out a document or a important signature ok I get it but if I would’ve not even filled a representative form it’ll be processed it’s crazy . The only reason why I filled that form was to able to enquire about the application over the phone
I feel your pain. Thr worst part is you have to re-print and sign all those forms or those PCCs are expired or going to expire soon and inquire another is difficult and time consuming.

Dealing with IRCC is most stress thing I’ve countered with my life.

Mjg0503

Star Member
Mar 20, 2019
You should definitely complain and raise the issue with your MP. I've seen similar stories to yours covered in the Canadian media as well. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to have changed things for you. But one would hope that continued bad publicity for IRCC about situations like this will force them to eventually change their policies.

Don't hold your breath for your desired result, but I would disagree with the notion that it's useless to protest what happened to you. The more people that come out and share these kinds of stories, the better it will be for others in the future.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
And I agree this is outrageous because they do accept these forms by webform later (for those who need to add or change representative).

Reactions: cjr

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Is there an appeal or if I’m able to speak to a supervisor where when I resubmit that I stay in the queue
There is no option to speak with a supervisor.

You can try sending in a webform to explain what happened and request special consideration. As others have suggested, you can also go to your MP.

These actions may not make a difference so I would focus on submitting a new application asap.

Sorry this has happened to you.

Reactions: armoured

Alexis1971

Feb 16, 2020
Hello,

that is ridiculous, some visa officer was having a bad day and decided to punish you. I would file a complaint.

hilkat

Star Member
Feb 12, 2020
Hello,

I feel you! Our first application was returned because they claimed that my birth certificate (I'm the sponsor, I had an original Ontario birth certificate) was too faded. It was my 2nd form of ID in addition to my passport, they didn't need to return the whole application, they could have simply asked us to add a better copy and kept our application in queue. Instead some officer decided to punish us for something that wasn't even true, my birth certificate was completely legible, and because of that our original April 2019 application was returned in August 2019, we reapplied in September 2019 with new forms and new signatures and now we're in covid hell with no update since the February 2020 medical request (our application is in Mexico VO and has never been touched by an officer there).

I did complain to my MP, they did nothing. I've complained to the Ministry of Immigration, they didn't care. No one cares and no one has to care - there is zero recourse for anything like this.

• Sad
Reactions: mahtax and esam99

Thankful94

Star Member
Sep 15, 2019
Thank you very much everybody. I didn’t Sleep last night due to frustration. I’m kinda better. I didn’t even tell my wife she will be sad . I don’t want that as she is taking care of our kids. I call Ircc 3 times all agreed and were shocked about it. Some you can sense felt bad for me but couldn’t say anything and were very careful to what they say, and they said I have valid points but there is nothing they can do about it. All they suggested was to resubmit and add a letter hoping they put you back in queue but it’s not guaranteed. No help as you guys mentioned . Last step the MP and see what he can do . If nothing, I’ll have to just submit it again and I lost 7 months. It’ll be probably another 7 months for them to open it because everything slowed down due to corona

nikolain

Apr 28, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm sorry to hear about this, my friends file was returned too after 6 months in processing due to missing out Country name in IMM5406, but then he reapplied and he got PR within 3 months, this is from 2019. So you may never know, go ahead and reapply maybe they'll process it faster this time.

satmigs

Star Member
Mar 6, 2020
I'm sorry to hear about this, my friends file was returned too after 6 months in processing due to missing out Country name in IMM5406, but then he reapplied and he got PR within 3 months, this is from 2019. So you may never know, go ahead and reapply maybe they'll process it faster this time.
Did your friend apply outland or Inland? Mostly returned Inland cases for this form missed either postal or country name.

pc8922

Jun 6, 2017
Thank you very much everybody. I didn’t Sleep last night due to frustration. I’m kinda better. I didn’t even tell my wife she will be sad . I don’t want that as she is taking care of our kids. I call Ircc 3 times all agreed and were shocked about it. Some you can sense felt bad for me but couldn’t say anything and were very careful to what they say, and they said I have valid points but there is nothing they can do about it. All they suggested was to resubmit and add a letter hoping they put you back in queue but it’s not guaranteed. No help as you guys mentioned . Last step the MP and see what he can do . If nothing, I’ll have to just submit it again and I lost 7 months. It’ll be probably another 7 months for them to open it because everything slowed down due to corona
This is the right way to go about it. Would suggest adding a cover letter on top with proof of previous application's return due to missing signature. Stress on when you initially applied and how your application got returned 7 months later ( include dates ). I have learnt from a couple of other users experience that when they highlighted their application being returned - they did see their next application make its way much faster through the ranks. So worth a shot.

PS. I agree, this is very unfair. Would maybe make sense if AOR was coming after a month - not 7.