+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My application returned I’m frustrated and angry . Use of representative form not signed ?!?! It’s not mandatory I waited 7 months

Thankful94

Star Member
Sep 15, 2019
Hello everybody!!!! It’s me again the one who was disheartened and disappointed after getting my documents returned after 7 months for forgetting a signature on my optional representative form. I just want to say thank you all !!!!! You guys kept my moral up and was the reason after god of course to keep pushing and put my head up . It was a massive blow but this forum really made it easier to overcome. I have good news !

I resent my application after seeing a comment that they are sending UCI faster than usual so I hurried up and sent it on March 15 received on March /22/2021 and got my UCI today on April/29/2021 a little over a month compare to before was 8 months almost with nothing .I believe this was a blessing in disguise thank you everybody

Thankful94

Star Member
Sep 15, 2019
great news, congrats!
Thank you !
I had a question ,

my email doesn’t look like a AOR with a PDF but it mentions my application number and UCI and it just mentions that they received it on March/22/2021 and the name of the principal applicant.I tried to link it or check the status but it’s not found. Do you know anything about this.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thank you !
I had a question ,

my email doesn’t look like a AOR with a PDF but it mentions my application number and UCI and it just mentions that they received it on March/22/2021 and the name of the principal applicant.I tried to link it or check the status but it’s not found. Do you know anything about this.
That is the aor.

canadianexpat93

Star Member
Apr 8, 2021
Thank you for your reply.
Do you know the rough estimate I’ll get the SA?
Has it been quickly as I’ve seen others get it the same day or couple days after
No one can know ! But you're lucky. Our application was sent in May, returned in July and we managed to resend it in Ausgust, but we didn't receive AOR until end of January. It looks like it goes much faster now.

We received SA after about 10 days or so (decision made in ecas + them starting to process PA's application), and the email confirmation 3 weeks after AOR for SA, but that can change between application and yours might be faster !

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thank you for your reply.
Do you know the rough estimate I’ll get the SA?
Nope, don't know. Usually pretty quick but some occasional cases of longer; but up to 3-4 weeks not so unusual as to worry. If before covid email notification seemed to come right away, now more gaps and out of order.

Thankful94

Star Member
Sep 15, 2019
Hello everybody,

i am having troubles linking my ( sponsors) application . My wife was able to link her permanent residence application.Am I able to link my application. On the category it doesn’t say being a sponsor but only permanent residence. Any help will be tremendous

canadianexpat93

Star Member
Apr 8, 2021
Hello everybody,

i am having troubles linking my ( sponsors) application . My wife was able to link her permanent residence application.Am I able to link my application. On the category it doesn’t say being a sponsor but only permanent residence. Any help will be tremendous
Not sure where you're looking, but if you're talking about e-cas, this is normal. Sponsors view their own as well as the PA's application, but the PA will only see their own details.

Thankful94

Star Member
Sep 15, 2019
I got my email approval today morning. I hope you will get it soon . Does anyone know any help is appreciated!!
My wife lives in Egypt , and gave to birth to my kids in Egypt. My application will be sent to Nairobi, Kenya where she is not from there , and never went there in her life. Egypt has a Visa Office and I assume it’s less busy because Kenya has to accommodate other surrounding countries who don’t have a VO. Did that happen to anybody and what’s the reason behind that. I’m just confused when I have to submit my medicals or passport in the future and it might take longer because it’s in Kenya

BRIL23

Feb 27, 2017
I got my email approval today morning. I hope you will get it soon . Does anyone know any help is appreciated!!
My wife lives in Egypt , and gave to birth to my kids in Egypt. My application will be sent to Nairobi, Kenya where she is not from there , and never went there in her life. Egypt has a Visa Office and I assume it’s less busy because Kenya has to accommodate other surrounding countries who don’t have a VO. Did that happen to anybody and what’s the reason behind that. I’m just confused when I have to submit my medicals or passport in the future and it might take longer because it’s in Kenya
Congrats for SA. If She from one these country Eritrea/Ethiopia/Djibouti and she has only temp visa/Student Visa in Egypt, IRCC usually file transfer to PA’s home country responsible VO. You can do Medical in Egypt.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Congrats for SA. If She from one these country Eritrea/Ethiopia/Djibouti and she has only temp visa/Student Visa in Egypt, IRCC usually file transfer to PA’s home country responsible VO. You can do Medical in Egypt.
That is useful information and I did not think to ask about nationality. That may be the better explanation.

S.Basra

Star Member
Sep 24, 2020
Hello everybody!!!! It’s me again the one who was disheartened and disappointed after getting my documents returned after 7 months for forgetting a signature on my optional representative form. I just want to say thank you all !!!!! You guys kept my moral up and was the reason after god of course to keep pushing and put my head up . It was a massive blow but this forum really made it easier to overcome. I have good news !

I resent my application after seeing a comment that they are sending UCI faster than usual so I hurried up and sent it on March 15 received on March /22/2021 and got my UCI today on April/29/2021 a little over a month compare to before was 8 months almost with nothing .I believe this was a blessing in disguise thank you everybody

Good luck to you, I feel IRCC is returning files for non-sense reasons now, they returned my file after 8 months due to missing PCC, where as IRCC website says they will not return / reject the file missing documents and they specifically mentioned PCC, still they rejected mine after 8 months. I reapplied in Canada class now. its more than 4 months and no response. IRCC's system is failed, basically it is more than a year now, when I started spousal sponsorship file but as of today I have not received acknowledgement letter. Overall, it is terrible.