+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

Jan 4, 2020
Hi there,

I've applied under express entry from the US. I contacted IRCC via web form two months back and I was told that my application is being processed in Montreal.

I received AOR on 13th June, 2019 and passed the medical on July 18th, 2019. This is what the status looks like:

Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results
  • July 18, 2019 You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents
  • We do not need additional documents.
Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics
  • July 25, 2019 Completed.
Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

It has been seven months now. How do I know which stage my application is in? Has my background check even started or not? A lot of people on this forum have contacted IRCC via phone call. Since I am based outside Canada, how can I contact them via phone.

zxc1234

Oct 8, 2019
Hi there,

I've applied under express entry from the US. I contacted IRCC via web form two months back and I was told that my application is being processed in Montreal.

I received AOR on 13th June, 2019 and passed the medical on July 18th, 2019. This is what the status looks like:

Review of eligibility
Interview
Biometrics
Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

It has been seven months now. How do I know which stage my application is in? Has my background check even started or not? A lot of people on this forum have contacted IRCC via phone call. Since I am based outside Canada, how can I contact them via phone.
Have you tried calling IRCC? That's how I find out what stage my application is in. I ask them about the status of criminality, eligibility and security.

camshadow

Jun 18, 2019
Any Chinese applicant's file is currently at Montreal VO? Please add my wechat: oscartsaiai . Applicants who have other nationalities also welcomed to join our wechat group!
Hi! Is your application still being processed? Can't find your wechat. I hope to join the group, please add me, thank you! My wechat is camshadow.

Jan 4, 2020
Have you tried calling IRCC? That's how I find out what stage my application is in. I ask them about the status of criminality, eligibility and security.
How do I contact them via phone call? Since I am based outside Canada, which number do I use to call them?

zxc1234

Oct 8, 2019
How do I contact them via phone call? Since I am based outside Canada, which number do I use to call them?
You can call on 1-888-242-2100, but you need a Canadian phone number. You can download the TextNow app, and choose a Canadian area code. If you let the app use your location, it will give you a local area code (so not a Canadian number). So, when the app asks you to use your location, deny it and put a city in Canada (or just find area codes on google). This is how I call them.

Sep 5, 2019
I wish you to receive PPR soon. Please do share the good news here, it gives Hope to those who are still waiting.
I want to share that I received the PPR request on my account on Dec 30. It came in the form of Request Letter (to submit passport within 60 days) directly on my account and not on the email.
My timelines so far :
AOR March 20 2019.
Medicals Passed : May 2, 2019
Biometrics : May 24, 2019
PPR Dec 30 2019. (Asked to submit passport within 60 days)

Holyange

Aug 17, 2018
I want to share that I received the PPR request on my account on Dec 30. It came in the form of Request Letter (to submit passport within 60 days) directly on my account and not on the email.
My timelines so far :
AOR March 20 2019.
Congratulations! I am so happy for you!!!

sark759

Sep 30, 2019
My timelines so far :
AOR March 20 2019.
Congrats! I hope the rest of us who are still waiting will get the golden email soon!

Jan 4, 2020
You can call on 1-888-242-2100, but you need a Canadian phone number. You can download the TextNow app, and choose a Canadian area code. If you let the app use your location, it will give you a local area code (so not a Canadian number). So, when the app asks you to use your location, deny it and put a city in Canada (or just find area codes on google). This is how I call them.
Thanks

Jan 4, 2020
Hi there,

Review of eligibility
Interview
Biometrics
Background check
Final decision

For those who have recently obtained PPR, what does "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements" imply? Am I still in the initial stage (i.e. IP1)?