+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

seekingPR

Jun 12, 2019
Montreal has to be the worst visa office...10 months since AOR and I haven't received a single update other than Medicals Passed. At this point, I think that I will be one of those rare cases whose application takes more than 1 year to be processed.

Reactions: MGNCMA

Holyange

Aug 17, 2018
Hi @cansha, I landed in Canada a few days ago and during my travel I had one connection so two flights: first flight goes to a city to another city outside Canada and second flight from one city outside of Canada to Canada. When I arrived in Canada and filled declaration card, SIN application form and signed COPR mistakenly provided the flight number of my first flight ( which goes from one city to another city outside of Canada) not the one that directly arrived in Canada so my COPR and declaration card have my first flight number on it. Is it something that I should be concerned about it? If yes, which one I should get corrected and who do I call? Thank you so much.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hi @cansha, I landed in Canada a few days ago and during my travel I had one connection so two flights: first flight goes to a city to another city outside Canada and second flight from one city outside of Canada to Canada. When I arrived in Canada and filled declaration card, SIN application form and signed COPR mistakenly provided the flight number of my first flight ( which goes from one city to another city outside of Canada) not the one that directly arrived in Canada so my COPR and declaration card have my first flight number on it. Is it something that I should be concerned about it? If yes, which one I should get corrected and who do I call? Thank you so much.
My best guess is it doesn't matter. But I have never seen any such case so may be call IRCC and confirm. You can also go back to airport and talk to CBP and check with them.

Holyange

Aug 17, 2018
My best guess is it doesn't matter. But I have never seen any such case so may be call IRCC and confirm. You can also go back to airport and talk to CBP and check with them.
Thank you so much for your response. I called IRCC they told me to raise a web form. I will go back to the airport to check too.

ordinaryear

Apr 24, 2018
Hi All,

I received a "ROAST UPDATE" ;) yesterday, that they have high volume of applicants and are unable to assign an immigration officer to my case. The application is in queue for review. The update was in CIC account, this was after the customer service rep sent a message to the VO.

My AOR is March 18th 2019, FSW-Outland

Reactions: Bunny Thapar

Sweshan

Jan 10, 2020
Hi All,

Sorry for the Long post, I really need help.
I am a new member. Would like to post my timeline. Any inputs are appreciated.

FSW (residing in USA). I applied along with 2 kids. Spouse not accompanying
AOR: July 25, 2019

6month timer ends Jan 25th 2020 (15days more)

Review of eligibility - We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results - August 13, 2019 You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents - Requested on Oct 31 2019
  • We are reviewing the additional documents you provided.
Interview - You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics - August 28, 2019 Completed.
Background check - We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision - Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Called Ircc today and learned that my application was transfered to Montreal local office for processing and is no more under normal processing time.

As per the call center agent:
Reviewing eligibility
Processing background check
Interview is not needed
Additional documents - not needed
Security check not started
Criminality check - not started
Medical passed- valid until 24 June 2020

Application is transferred from Centralized intake office - Nova Scotia to Montreal on Aug 29 2019. As part of normal procedure and there is no red flags on profile that needs to be worried about.

Do you guys help me understand why this has happened with my profile. Any catches on why it was sent to Montreal for a deeper look.

oluwhite

Star Member
Feb 21, 2019
Right now there is no problem with your profile based on what you have posted. If peradventure there is anything that requires a review, the best way for you to know this is to order a GCMS notes to see what the Analyst, Input Assistant or the case officers might be thinking which at best also sometimes are speculations. There is a lot of waiting game in this and especially if you are assigned Montreal, it gets ridiculous
Hi All,

Sorry for the Long post, I really need help.
I am a new member. Would like to post my timeline. Any inputs are appreciated.

FSW (residing in USA). I applied along with 2 kids. Spouse not accompanying
AOR: July 25, 2019

6month timer ends Jan 25th 2020 (15days more)

Review of eligibility - We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results - August 13, 2019 You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents - Requested on Oct 31 2019
  • We are reviewing the additional documents you provided.
Interview - You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics - August 28, 2019 Completed.
Background check - We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision - Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Called Ircc today and learned that my application was transfered to Montreal local office for processing and is no more under normal processing time.

As per the call center agent:
Reviewing eligibility
Processing background check
Interview is not needed
Additional documents - not needed
Security check not started
Criminality check - not started
Medical passed- valid until 24 June 2020

Application is transferred from Centralized intake office - Nova Scotia to Montreal on Aug 29 2019. As part of normal procedure and there is no red flags on profile that needs to be worried about.

Do you guys help me understand why this has happened with my profile. Any catches on why it was sent to Montreal for a deeper look.

seekingPR

Jun 12, 2019
@Sweshan, getting Montreal VO is the worst that can happen to your application. I'm on my 10 month and haven't received a single update since Medicals passed...so prepared to wait for a loooooooooooooooooooooong time.

Bunny Thapar

Jun 27, 2017
Visa Office......
Montreal
Hi my Montreal Family,

I have some good news.

Got a GHOOOOOSSSSTTTTT UPPPPPDAAAATTTEEEE today in the morning when logged into MY CIC account.

So called CIC and came to know finally my ELIGIBILITYYYYYYYYYY has been PAAAASSSEEEDDDD today in the morning!

YES!!!!!!!!!

No PPR yet but for me this feeling is as equal as getting a PPR!

So below is the status now :

AOR : 1st February, 2019
Category : CEC Inland
Applicants : Me & Spouse
Visa Office : Montreal
Medical : Passed (Medical valid till 22nd Jan 2020 for myself)
Eligibility: PASSED on 10th Jan, 2020 (After Procedural Fairness Letter response on 17th December, 2019)
Criminality: Passed (12th December, 2019)
Security: Passed (12th December, 2019)

Agent said now we have passed all the 4 stages of the application however officer will look at it for one final time before approving and sending a PPR/Interview request.

Not sure how far I am from the GOLDEN EMAIL but 1 thing is for sure that I can have some sound sleep tonight.

@cansha - Can you please shed some light on my case like when can I expect a final decision as have passed everything.

I wish we all get PPR next week.

God is great.

There is a light at the end of the tunnel.

Cheers!

Last edited:

anunay17

Jun 1, 2015
Hi All,

Strangely something good happened. Today I have received an email with the following subject:

Communication from CIC Etobicoke - Communication de Etobicoke CIC

It is an invitation for the landing interview.

Following are my details:
  • AOR: 18th March 2019
  • FWS Inland Applicant
  • Ghost Updates: 18th Dec 2019 and 09th Dec 2019.

I have the following questions:
  • I didn't get a passport request, why? Is it because I am an inland applicant?
  • I also didn't get any updates in my application portal. It still says that we are processing your background check and eligibility. Is it normal?
  • What should I expect in the landing interview?
  • They also asked me to pay the right to permanent residence fee (RPRF), if I haven't paid already and bring the receipt to the interview. But I paid all the money upfront when I applied for the PR. In total, I paid $1040 (I am a single applicant). But the receipt that I have in the application portal only says that I have paid $1040. It doesn't provide any description in the receipt, like what did I pay the fees for. Please advise, as I have already paid the money?

Last edited:

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hi my Montreal Family,

I have some good news.

Got a GHOOOOOSSSSTTTTT UPPPPPDAAAATTTEEEE today in the morning when logged into MY CIC account.

So called CIC and came to know finally my ELIGIBILITYYYYYYYYYY has been PAAAASSSEEEDDDD today in the morning!

YES!!!!!!!!!

Eligibility: PASSED on 10th Jan, 2020 (After Procedural Fairness Letter response on 17th December, 2019)

Agent said now we have passed all the 4 stages of the application however officer will look at it for one final time before approving and sending a PPR/Interview request.

Not sure how far I am from the GOLDEN EMAIL but 1 thing is for sure that I can have some sound sleep tonight.

@cansha - Can you please shed some light on my case like when can I expect a final decision as have passed everything.

God is great.

Cheers!
Congrats.. PPR should be close .. in the past Montreal used to send ppr within hours of ghost update. Not sure what's the trend now but it should be soon enough.

Holyange

Aug 17, 2018
Hi my Montreal Family,

I have some good news.

YES!!!!!!!!!

God is great.

Cheers!
Congratulations!!!! I am so happy for you!!! PPR soon!!!

Arsen Lupin

Star Member
Mar 4, 2018
Congrats'!

Hi my Montreal Family,

I have some good news.

YES!!!!!!!!!

God is great.

Cheers!