+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

May_AOR

Nov 19, 2019
Hi friends -
For those in US, did you get asked to submit passport to Ottawa or any option for New York or LA VAC? I am hoping to submit to New York VAC (the call center agent said I can) but am not sure whether it is acceptable?

Sep 5, 2019
Congratulations! I am so happy for you!!!
Thank you @Holyange .

Regarding the same I have 2 questions . Would really appreciate your feedback .

Now that I have received the PPR email and asked to submit my passport within 60 days.

Q1. Do I need to submit my old(expired) and new passport both? Or just the new passport?

Q2. Say, that I submit my passport (s) in a week and get the passports back within 10-15 days with COPR and valid stamp. I have heard that the stamp is usually valid till 1 year from last medicals (which in my case is March 15, 2019) so I will have a very short time to plan my landing (between when I receive my passport and March 15 2020). Is there any way I can let the Visa Officer know to give me an extension? I am ok to take Re-meds as well if thats all it takes. But should I be asking that now before submitting the passports?
Or I should submit passports now, wait and see what date the COPR mentions and then write to VO via webform to extend?

Would really appreciate inputs from folks on this forum.

anunay17

Jun 1, 2015
Hi All,

I received my first ghost update on 18th December and I learned that the eligibility and security had passed.

Today I received another ghost update., and I was told eligibility, security, background, medical have passed.

I thought that after 18th December ghost update I will get the ppr. However, I got another ghost update.

Questions :

1. What would be the next stage, the agent didn't tell me anything about the application status?

2. Do we get passport request via email or postal mail or they just update the portal?

Reactions: Bunny Thapar

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hi All,

I received my first ghost update on 18th December and I learned that the eligibility and security had passed.

Today I received another ghost update., and I was told eligibility, security, background, medical have passed.

I thought that after 18th December ghost update I will get the ppr. However, I got another ghost update.

Questions :

1. What would be the next stage, the agent didn't tell me anything about the application status?

2. Do we get passport request via email or postal mail or they just update the portal?
Montreal sends PPR in account.

Holyange

Aug 17, 2018
Thank you @Holyange .

Now that I have received the PPR email and asked to submit my passport within 60 days.

Q1. Do I need to submit my old(expired) and new passport both? Or just the new passport?

Q2. Say, that I submit my passport (s) in a week and get the passports back within 10-15 days with COPR and valid stamp. I have heard that the stamp is usually valid till 1 year from last medicals (which in my case is March 15, 2019) so I will have a very short time to plan my landing (between when I receive my passport and March 15 2020). Is there any way I can let the Visa Officer know to give me an extension? I am ok to take Re-meds as well if thats all it takes. But should I be asking that now before submitting the passports?
Or I should submit passports now, wait and see what date the COPR mentions and then write to VO via webform to extend?

Thank you @Holyange .

Q1: new passport
Q2: I am not sure about this. Maybe @cansha can answer this.

Jun 8, 2019
Hello Team,

I was told by CIC agent that my eligibility is under RR( Employment to be precise). My Aor is June 6th 2019. I have reverified all my documents.
I strongly feel all the documents are valid and correct. Kindly suggest what must be the issue.

May_AOR

Nov 19, 2019
Hello Team,

I was told by CIC agent that my eligibility is under RR( Employment to be precise). My Aor is June 6th 2019. I have reverified all my documents.
I strongly feel all the documents are valid and correct. Kindly suggest what must be the issue.
When you say "reverified" you mean you shared new documents? One way is to raise a webform and add as attachment any other further detailed documents about the case (I did this when I was told additional verification is taking time - don't know if helped or not). But I think in Montreal anyway everyone is getting RR this is why it is taking 7-8 months. Eventually it will come

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Thank you @Holyange .

2. They may extend it automatically and if they don't you can't ask for extension. Your COPR will state the same and say that they won't give you extensions. Wait for COPR and see what date they give you. You may ask for extension but unlikely they will extend. Doesn't hurt to try though.

Kamaldeepkalsi

May 24, 2019
@cansha ..you inputs are requested here..My AOR is 26th Feb 2019. My eligibility, Security and Medicals are passed. However, my criminality is still in progress, because my spouse has student visa rejection in 2013. But after that he applied again in 2017 and came to Canada 2017. Since then, he is living and working in Canada. I had applied for GCMS notes and it states that review required for Spouse's criminality. After that, we sent the LOE explaining about the same via Webform on 2nd December. But after that no updates to the case.

Anything you can suggest we can do to expedite the process, because I am the Primary applicant and my visitor permit is already expired.

AHYO

Jan 17, 2015
@Kamaldeepkalsi, your profile and mine are very similar, My AOR is 26th Feb 2019. My eligibility, Security and Medicals are passed. However, my criminality is still in progress, it reads review required-stats question. because I was once rejected student visa in 2015, which i applied again 2015 and got it. all answered correctly on the stats questions. yet cant understand the reason for the delay. called today but still same update.

Reactions: Kamaldeepkalsi

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
@cansha ..you inputs are requested here..My AOR is 26th Feb 2019. My eligibility, Security and Medicals are passed. However, my criminality is still in progress, because my spouse has student visa rejection in 2013. But after that he applied again in 2017 and came to Canada 2017. Since then, he is living and working in Canada. I had applied for GCMS notes and it states that review required for Spouse's criminality. After that, we sent the LOE explaining about the same via Webform on 2nd December. But after that no updates to the case.

Anything you can suggest we can do to expedite the process, because I am the Primary applicant and my visitor permit is already expired.
Unfortunately, nothing can be done to "expedite" the process. However, review required due to visa rejection is very common and such review required gets approved whenever the file is picked by visa officer.

I would suggest you make sure your status is valid if your visitor visa has expired. If you overstay then it may cause issues.

Reactions: Kamaldeepkalsi

Kiva2014

Star Member
Mar 23, 2019
Hello everyone,

My AOR is August 18. I have claimed points for my 5-year foreign work experience.

I have 7 years experience in the same organization. But in the first 2 years of my employment, I was working in NOC-C job (officer) and then got promoted to NOC B job (supervisor). Since CIC requires people to list all titles held in the same organization, I wanted my employer to mention NOC-C job too in my employment letter. But now my gcms note shows that my eligibility is review required because of that, even though they confirmed everything regarding my 5 years NOC B experience. They made my eligibility review required for a title that I didn't even claim any CRS points. Now I'm so frustrated if this cause my application to go beyond 6 months.

Please advise me guys if there is any action that I can take regarding this issue. Thank you so much.

Kamaldeepkalsi

May 24, 2019
@Kamaldeepkalsi, your profile and mine are very similar, My AOR is 26th Feb 2019. My eligibility, Security and Medicals are passed. However, my criminality is still in progress, it reads review required-stats question. because I was once rejected student visa in 2015, which i applied again 2015 and got it. all answered correctly on the stats questions. yet cant understand the reason for the delay. called today but still same update.
are you an inland applicant? I also called CIC today , mine status is same too

Kamaldeepkalsi

May 24, 2019
Unfortunately, nothing can be done to "expedite" the process. However, review required due to visa rejection is very common and such review required gets approved whenever the file is picked by visa officer.

I would suggest you make sure your status is valid if your visitor visa has expired. If you overstay then it may cause issues.
Thanks for your reply Cansha..I have applied for visitor visa extension now, hope that I can stay on implied status