+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

OscarTsai

Star Member
Jul 17, 2019
Hi guys,
Good morning! I have received my notes and want to discuss them with you guys...

1- Review Required: there are some YES/NO questions when we submitting the profile. I said YES for the questions about refused to enter any country and refused by IRCC because I have done a flagpole to apply my PGWP and my spouse's OWP. Also, my first EE application was refused due to incomplete. I just want to be honest, and I don't know why this part is RR. Do I need to submit some more details through webform?

2- Concern but not RR: I have claimed 6 + years work exp at ITA stage and move some work exp from work history to personal history because I know 3 yrs oversea work exp will get the most CRS for me. But the FSW score dropped from 78 to 74 if I claim the work exp as 3 yrs rather than 6 years. I find the officer write this on the notes, but no RR marked. Is this a problem I need to clarify through webform? The FSW score is 74 now and is definitely above 67 and met the eligibility.

Please kindly provide your suggestion! Much appreciate!

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hi guys,
Good morning! I have received my notes and want to discuss them with you guys...

1- Review Required: there are some YES/NO questions when we submitting the profile. I said YES for the questions about refused to enter any country and refused by IRCC because I have done a flagpole to apply my PGWP and my spouse's OWP. Also, my first EE application was refused due to incomplete. I just want to be honest, and I don't know why this part is RR. Do I need to submit some more details through webform?
If you have prior visa refusal application is always marked as RR. Nothing more is needed. If they need anything they will let you know. In most cases such RR are passed by final visa officer without asking for more details.

2- Concern but not RR: I have claimed 6 + years work exp at ITA stage and move some work exp from work history to personal history because I know 3 yrs oversea work exp will get the most CRS for me. But the FSW score dropped from 78 to 74 if I claim the work exp as 3 yrs rather than 6 years. I find the officer write this on the notes, but no RR marked. Is this a problem I need to clarify through webform? The FSW score is 74 now and is definitely above 67 and met the eligibility.

No issues. Many people do that and if score is above 67 for FSW and CRS score is above cut off score there are no issues and nothing more is needed. No need to clarify anything.

zxc1234

Oct 8, 2019
Hi all,

Here is my timeline:

FW - Outland
AOR: June 22nd, 2019
Medical Passed: July 26th, 2019
Biometrics: July 29th, 2019
Called IRCC on August 26th: criminality passed, eligibility and security not started
Called IRCC on October 7th: criminality passed, eligibility and security not started
Ordered GCMS notes on October 8th: haven't received them yet
Called IRCC on November 19th: criminality passed, eligibility recommended pass, and security not started
Called IRCC on December 30th: criminality passed, eligibility recommended pass, and security not started

As you can see, Montreal is really taking its time. I am already over the six months mark, but it doesn't seem like it will happen anytime soon. So, I'd like to know what y'all think. Should I order notes again or should I just wait?

OscarTsai

Star Member
Jul 17, 2019
If you have prior visa refusal application is always marked as RR. Nothing more is needed. If they need anything they will let you know. In most cases such RR are passed by final visa officer without asking for more details.

No issues. Many people do that and if score is above 67 for FSW and CRS score is above cut off score there are no issues and nothing more is needed. No need to clarify anything.
Thank you so much! It seems the only thing I need to do is wait... Thank you so much and happy new year!

Reactions: cansha

oluwhite

Star Member
Feb 21, 2019
Hi Everyone i have not been here in a while but I can see that some of our hero members have kept the ball rolling. I am back and available now and willing to contribute and help more on this group

Reactions: Bunny Thapar

priyank5590

Nov 13, 2019
Hi Everyone i have not been here in a while but I can see that some of our hero members have kept the ball rolling. I am back and available now and willing to contribute and help more on this group
Hi there,

I've applied under Canadian Experience Class, inland application.
My AOR is 30 April 2019
Medical passed - 11 June 2019

On November 14th I called IRCC agent and he said that in my application everything is passed and my file is in Montreal office. he also said that the reseason behind the delay is the Montreal office is very busy and suggested me to wait for few more weeks.

On 26 November I again called IRCC agent and he also said the same thing that everything is clear and I should be getting an email soon. Today is 31st December and I haven't got anything from IRCC.

What do you think about this situation?

oluwhite

Star Member
Feb 21, 2019
I am sure that if an agent says everything is complete then yes it is. They cant make decisions on final approval as that will be done by an officer but the file will have been reviewed by the Program Assistant and case analyst to have been complete
Hi there,

I've applied under Canadian Experience Class, inland application.
My AOR is 30 April 2019
Medical passed - 11 June 2019

On November 14th I called IRCC agent and he said that in my application everything is passed and my file is in Montreal office. he also said that the reseason behind the delay is the Montreal office is very busy and suggested me to wait for few more weeks.

On 26 November I again called IRCC agent and he also said the same thing that everything is clear and I should be getting an email soon. Today is 31st December and I haven't got anything from IRCC.

What do you think about this situation?

OscarTsai

Star Member
Jul 17, 2019
Hi guys,

Hi guys,
I have called IRCC today and here are some updates:

Still, eligibility is RR, criminality and security not started.

I asked which part of eligibility is review required, he told me that the only concern is my work exp. which is the issue I mentioned in the previous comment. He then emphasized that the eligibility is “Ready to finalize”.

I checked my notes again and find the texts below:
FSW POINTS/FUNDS: Appears Met FSW points total: 74 Ready to Finalize

My questions are:
1- Since he didn't mention the RR of flagpole, does it mean it has been review and pass?
2- Since the notes mentioned Appears Met FSW points total: 74 does it mean I don't need
3- What odes Ready to finalize mean?

Thanks!!!

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hi guys,
I have called IRCC today and here are some updates:

Still, eligibility is RR, criminality and security not started.

I asked which part of eligibility is review required, he told me that the only concern is my work exp. which is the issue I mentioned in the previous comment. He then emphasized that the eligibility is “Ready to finalize”.

I checked my notes again and find the texts below:
FSW POINTS/FUNDS: Appears Met FSW points total: 74 Ready to Finalize

My questions are:
1- Since he didn't mention the RR of flagpole, does it mean it has been review and pass?
2- Since the notes mentioned Appears Met FSW points total: 74 does it mean I don't need
3- What odes Ready to finalize mean?

Thanks!!!
1. Not sure what you mean
2. Question is incomplete but in any case that is standard. Analyst recalculates the CRS and FSW points so it just means you fulfill criteria for FSW points.
3. Nothing really. I think you would see that written in every GCMS notes irrespective of whether eligibility is recommended passed or review required.

Jan 6, 2020
Hello All,
It is almost 6 months for my application and I haven't heard back even a single update except for the biometrics, I called CIC thrice and I get same reply every time,
Eligibility under revirew
Criminality passed
Security not started
Applied for GCMS did not receive it yet, How would I know the updates about my case?

zxc1234

Oct 8, 2019
Hello All,
It is almost 6 months for my application and I haven't heard back even a single update except for the biometrics, I called CIC thrice and I get same reply every time,
Eligibility under revirew
Criminality passed
Security not started
Applied for GCMS did not receive it yet, How would I know the updates about my case?
When did you apply for GCMS notes?

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
I figured I would share my timeline as my VO was Montreal:

AOR: May 30th
MEP: Sept 9th
Biometrics: July 29th
Requested GCMS notes: Sept. 10-ish (never received)
GU: Oct. 8th
GU: Dec. 24th
PPR: Jan. 6th
Congrats! That's pretty quick timeline for Montreal. You're one of few lucky ones in recent times.