+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

Sep 5, 2019
I applied on Sep 18th ... Yet to get one... better to apply for a new one through Apply GCMS.
I also got that email from GETGCMS that IRCC has asked for 90 day extension over the 30 day confirmation to respond.
Now is it just GetGCMS who is doing this?
Does applying from other agencies or directly having a PR friend apply for you faster than GETGCMS? Or would it fall in the same queue?

zxc1234

Oct 8, 2019
I also got that email from GETGCMS that IRCC has asked for 90 day extension over the 30 day confirmation to respond.
Now is it just GetGCMS who is doing this?
Does applying from other agencies or directly having a PR friend apply for you faster than GETGCMS? Or would it fall in the same queue?
I think the extension was for everyone no matter how they requested the notes. I just checked the email I got, and it stated that most requests between September 1st and October 16th were affected. But yours has been affected too which makes me wonder if IRCC now requires 90 days for all GCMS requests. I want to order another set of notes, but I am not sure if I should do it if it takes 90 days.

Sep 5, 2019
I think the extension was for everyone no matter how they requested the notes. I just checked the email I got, and it stated that most requests between September 1st and October 16th were affected. But yours has been affected too which makes me wonder if IRCC now requires 90 days for all GCMS requests. I want to order another set of notes, but I am not sure if I should do it if it takes 90 days.
True. In a similar email from GetGCMS they mentioned to me that requests between Sept1 and Oct27 have been affected.
No harm in applying again (just not via GetGCMS). Try it with a different route. Worst case, even if it has to take 90 days, your Oct 6th with GetGCMS request would already be in queue.

ssa268

Star Member
Nov 28, 2019
I ordered GCMS notes on Aug 23rd and got it today.... talking about efficiency....lol....
I guess there are more and more people whose applications have been prolonged and after doing some research, more applicants are ordering notes. Everything seems pretty slow as a consequence.

Reactions: Bunny Thapar

zxc1234

Oct 8, 2019
I ordered GCMS notes on Aug 23rd and got it today.... talking about efficiency....lol....
I guess there are more and more people whose applications have been prolonged and after doing some research, more applicants are ordering notes. Everything seems pretty slow as a consequence.
I can't believe it took them so long. You are right that more people are ordering notes. I think there are generally more applicants lately.

Bunny Thapar

Jun 27, 2017
Visa Office......
Montreal
Hello everyone,

So for a change after 3 months of waiting, I got a “GHOST” update today however on calling CIC agent came to know that my security is passed today but eligibility is still under review.

Sounded more scary as usually security is the last step.

But 1 thing is strange that my “We are reviewing your additional documents you submitted” has changed to “Not applicable” but still eligibility has no update.

Only God can help me now to sail.

@cansha - Through some light on this please if you can!

AOR : 1st February, 2019
Category : CEC Inland
Visa Office : Montreal
Medicals : Passed
Criminality: Passed
Security: Passed
Eligibility: Under Review since 11th September, 2019

Wish PPR for the ones who are still waiting coz I know and can relate that its not a good feeling.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hello everyone,

So for a change after 3 months of waiting, I got a “GHOST” update today however on calling CIC agent came to know that my security is passed today but eligibility is still under review.

But 1 thing is strange that my “We are reviewing your additional documents you submitted” has changed to “Not applicable” but still eligibility has no update.

Wish PPR for the ones who are still waiting coz I know and can relate that its not a good feeling.
Don't read too much in to what agent told you. The eligibility status changes in system only when COPR is issued and may be that's the reason he said eligibility under review. I don't think they would have initiated security unless eligibility was recommended passed.

Only way to know for sure is GCMS notes.

Ra1234cha5678

Star Member
May 14, 2019
Hello,

It seems my case has been transferred to Winnipeg, which is the cousin of Montreal in processing applications. Looks like I will have to wait for another 8 months. All this seems to have happened after i proactively submitted documents and changed my address in the US. Anyone AOR March 18 and vicinity, facing the same ?

ssa268

Star Member
Nov 28, 2019
Hello everyone,

I think it is a good sign anyway!! congrats on the SS....It takes the longest waiting time...

Wish you best luck! PPR could be your Christmas present~

I am also a CEC Inland applicant, AOR: March 5th, waiting for SS and ppr.
Your update is inspiring anyway.

Reactions: Bunny Thapar

OscarTsai

Star Member
Jul 17, 2019
Hi guys, good afternoon.

I called IRCC today and the agent told me that my eligibility is review required and criminality & background not started. Unfortunately, she can not figure out which part is of eligibility is rr.

Can anyone give me some idea what happened about the review required? Quite frustrated now.

FSW - inland
Nationality: PR China
AOR 8.29
MEP 9.13
No more updates ....

Thank you in advance!

babyfacez

Jan 27, 2019
You'd most likely have to order GCMS notes.

PS: Review required on eligibilty is common with Montreal
Hi guys, good afternoon.

I called IRCC today and the agent told me that my eligibility is review required and criminality & background not started. Unfortunately, she can not figure out which part is of eligibility is rr.

Can anyone give me some idea what happened about the review required? Quite frustrated now.

FSW - inland
Nationality: PR China
AOR 8.29
MEP 9.13
No more updates ....

Thank you in advance!