+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

Ra1234cha5678

Star Member
May 14, 2019
I just checked my profile. The current status changed from application/profile updated and changed back to submitted. Is it normal? Or is there some news coming up? March 18th AOR

Reactions: Bunny Thapar

Holyange

Aug 17, 2018
Hello everyone,

So for a change after 3 months of waiting, I got a “GHOST” update today however on calling CIC agent came to know that my security is passed today but eligibility is still under review.

Sounded more scary as usually security is the last step.

But 1 thing is strange that my “We are reviewing your additional documents you submitted” has changed to “Not applicable” but still eligibility has no update.

Only God can help me now to sail.

@cansha - Through some light on this please if you can!

AOR : 1st February, 2019
Category : CEC Inland
Visa Office : Montreal
Medicals : Passed
Criminality: Passed
Security: Passed
Eligibility: Under Review since 11th September, 2019

Wish PPR for the ones who are still waiting coz I know and can relate that its not a good feeling.
I am waiting for your good news!!!!!

Bunny Thapar

Jun 27, 2017
Visa Office......
Montreal
Hello Folks,

So I received a “Procedural Fairness Letter” yesterday which was expected.

Basically, I gave an interview at Vancouver office to change my closed permit to Vulnerable Urgent Open Work Permit where I was given a paper to write the duties my manager made me do to which I understood I just have to write theadditional/exploitation duties I did which wasnt as per NOC coz I thought interview was about vulnerability.

So the officer has the concern that I have declared the duties at the time of the interview on an affidavit which are not as per the duties I have claimed the points for and has given me 7 days to support any document which can address to that concern.

Now when I applied for PR, I didnt had reference letter ofcourse as my manager was exploiting me so was delaying the same. However in May, 2019 I did get the reference letter confirming the duties I did signed my employer which I submitted via web form without any letter of explanation however GCMS notes doesn’t acknowledge that they have received it.

I have hired a profession lawyer to respond to the PFL & thinking to take below steps to get the decision in my favor :

1. Attaching the appointment letter which has all the duties
2. Reference letter which confirms that I performed all the duties for more than 1 year
3. Letter of explanation to the officer that I misinterpreted at the open work permit visa interview thinking officer is just asking to mention additional duties/exploitation as thought interview was about vulnerability.

I have been given time till next Thursday that is 19th December, 2019 to allay his concerns.

Also once I respond them in how many days they take the decision!

The reason to put my private matter here is coz this forum has been super helpful so far and I just want to take the experts opinions in regards to the letter of explanation as its a make or a break. Anyone whom I have not tagged, please chip in with your thoughts as your suggestion can help me secure my PR.

@cansha @legalfalcon Please help!

AOR : 1st February, 2019
Category : CEC
Visa Office : Montreal
Medical : Passed
Eligibility: PFL due by 19th December, 2019
Criminality: Passed
Security: Passed

Last edited:

anunay17

Jun 1, 2015
Hi All,

Today the status of my application changed:

Current Status changed from Submitted to Application/profile updated. When I logged in again it changed back to submitted.

I hope Santa has something good for me for this Christmas :D

My AOR date is March 18, 2019 (FSW Inland).

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
So I received a “Procedural Fairness Letter” yesterday which was expected.
This line is problematic for me. This somehow tells me you knew you were providing inadequate information somehow.

which I understood I just have to write theadditional/exploitation duties I did which wasnt as per NOC coz I thought interview was about vulnerability.
Sadly that was a mistake.

I have hired a profession lawyer to respond to the PFL
Good decision

1. Attaching the appointment letter which has all the duties
2. Reference letter which confirms that I performed all the duties for more than 1 year
3. Letter of explanation to the officer that I misinterpreted at the open work permit visa interview thinking officer is just asking to mention additional duties/exploitation as thought interview was about vulnerability.
In normal circumstances 1 and 2 are sufficient. So no problem with those documents. The # 3 is bit of concern and I would suggest to follow whatever the attorney recommends. I have no knowledge on the vulnerability work permit process but just as an outside observer it makes sense that an officer looking at that application would want to validate your duties against what you claimed in the PR application.

Now, the whole case rests on how convincing the argument is for the officer that you misunderstood the purpose of asking the duties in work permit interview. This is where I think an experienced attorney can help. I think they should be able to make a case easily.

I think the concern from IRCC point of view is whether a candidate trying to misrepresent any of the facts and I think in your case it is easy to prove that you didn't intend to misrepresent anything.

I have been given time till next Thursday that is 19th December, 2019 to allay his concerns.
Also once I respond them in how many days they take the decision!
As with IRCC there is no fixed timeline but I have seen cases on this forum where decision has been quite quick post PFL response. So it could be
within a week from when they receive your letter.

All the best!

Bunny Thapar

Jun 27, 2017
Visa Office......
Montreal
This line is problematic for me. This somehow tells me you knew you were providing inadequate information somehow.

Sadly that was a mistake.

Good decision

In normal circumstances 1 and 2 are sufficient. So no problem with those documents. The # 3 is bit of concern and I would suggest to follow whatever the attorney recommends. I have no knowledge on the vulnerability work permit process but just as an outside observer it makes sense that an officer looking at that application would want to validate your duties against what you claimed in the PR application.

Now, the whole case rests on how convincing the argument is for the officer that you misunderstood the purpose of asking the duties in work permit interview. This is where I think an experienced attorney can help. I think they should be able to make a case easily.

I think the concern from IRCC point of view is whether a candidate trying to misrepresent any of the facts and I think in your case it is easy to prove that you didn't intend to misrepresent anything.

As with IRCC there is no fixed timeline but I have seen cases on this forum where decision has been quite quick post PFL response. So it could be
within a week from when they receive your letter.

All the best!
Thanks dear for such a detailed reply.

I really appreciate your time!

I will respond CIC on Monday or latest by Tuesday.

Once I get the draft from the lawyer, I will share it here just to take your feedback on it.

Please pray.

Thanks!

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Thanks dear for such a detailed reply.

I really appreciate your time!

I will respond CIC on Monday or latest by Tuesday.

Once I get the draft from the lawyer, I will share it here just to take your feedback on it.

Please pray.

Thanks!
Sure thing. My best wish and prayers are with you and with everyone waiting eagerly for their PR. I have been in that situation and know how nerve wrecking is that period of wait.

seekingPR

Jun 12, 2019
This thread has been pretty silent the last few days. Seems like Montreal VO employees decided that it was enough work for this year. They are probably on vacation in the Bahamas while we wait for updates.

Reactions: ordinaryear
Sep 5, 2019
Hello,

It seems my case has been transferred to Winnipeg, which is the cousin of Montreal in processing applications. Looks like I will have to wait for another 8 months. All this seems to have happened after i proactively submitted documents and changed my address in the US. Anyone AOR March 18 and vicinity, facing the same ?
I am March 20 AOR - Outland. Application still in progress. Montreal office.
Eligibility - Review Required. Medicals and Criminality - Passed. Security - Not yet started.
No communication from IRCC about any documents etc.
Ordered GCMS notes on Oct 27. Not yet received.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
This thread has been pretty silent the last few days. Seems like Montreal VO employees decided that it was enough work for this year. They are probably on vacation in the Bahamas while we wait for updates.
Montreal is pretty much dead in last few weeks of December. Last year we did see a few PPRs in last week of December though but in reality most work will kind of restart from second week of Jan.