+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

seekingPR

Jun 12, 2019
Hi people,
Outland application
ITA: May 15th
Aor: June 7th
VO: Montreal
I called the IRCC today and they said that they are waiting an officer to review the file. Background check is in progress, after seeing all the posts, I think it's too early for me to expect a PPR , is that true that Montreal VO is taking long for the application. Any way to expedite it?
Montreal VO is a black hole for PR applications. It's been pretty quiet in here, so most Montreal officers are probably in some tropical country enjoying a long vacation now.

Reactions: Bunny Thapar

MARYKE4NNY

Nov 1, 2016
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-08-2019
AOR Received.
16-08-2019
Passport Req..
12-05-2021
I called CIC today and asked about my eligibility. I was told 'eligibility is under review'. Please is it different from review required? Thanks.

MARYKE4NNY

Nov 1, 2016
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-08-2019
AOR Received.
16-08-2019
Passport Req..
12-05-2021
My gcms notes say RR but agent told same thing "under review". What's your AOR?
August 16. I applied for GCMS notes but haven't received them. I asked if there were any outstanding notes but she said no. I've bee. Quite nervous.

Last edited:

MARYKE4NNY

Nov 1, 2016
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-08-2019
AOR Received.
16-08-2019
Passport Req..
12-05-2021
My gcms notes say RR but agent told same thing "under review". What's your AOR?
What was the reason for the review required?

Taurean

Star Member
May 11, 2011
If they haven't asked for remedical than chances are that they have extended your medical. Generally they extend it by a year.
Hi @cansha! I urgently need your advice here. Today my application status changed to approved as Canadian embassy stamped my passport. But I see in the document status, date of expiry is mentioned is 2019/12/12. Does it mean I will have to enter Canada within this short time period? If yes, is there a way I can ask them to extend my expiry of medicals?

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hi @cansha! I urgently need your advice here. Today my application status changed to approved as Canadian embassy stamped my passport. But I see in the document status, date of expiry is mentioned is 2019/12/12. Does it mean I will have to enter Canada within this short time period? If yes, is there a way I can ask them to extend my expiry of medicals?
Yes it means you need to enter before that date. There is no possible way of extending the timeline as when you receive the documents it would be stated on the document as well.
If you want you can send an email to the email Id that was mentioned on your email but I'm not sure they would consider the request.

AUserS

Star Member
Apr 30, 2019
Hi Friends,
Need your advice. I am planning for an international trip for 3 weeks in Jan 2020 and I am May 2019 applicant. Eligibility, Security, Criminality all are in progress. Montreal VO.
Is there any chance that i can get passport request in Dec 2019 or Jan 2020? Should i continue with my plan and book tickets for Jan 2020. My only worry is passport request at around December first or second week.

Taurean

Star Member
May 11, 2011
Yes it means you need to enter before that date. There is no possible way of extending the timeline as when you receive the documents it would be stated on the document as well.
If you want you can send an email to the email Id that was mentioned on your email but I'm not sure they would consider the request.
That’s bad news!
I noticed today, in the receipt given to me by vfs, my email Id mentioned was incorrect and hence I haven’t received any email from them.
I got to know my application status by logging into my cic account. Is there any other way to obtain their email Id? Or now should I wait for the passport to be delivered? Will it be mentioned there?

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
That’s bad news!
I noticed today, in the receipt given to me by vfs, my email Id mentioned was incorrect and hence I haven’t received any email from them.
I got to know my application status by logging into my cic account. Is there any other way to obtain their email Id? Or now should I wait for the passport to be delivered? Will it be mentioned there?
Email would be in the PPR request based on which you sent your passport. The document you will get with passport will say that they can't change validity date.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hi Friends,
Need your advice. I am planning for an international trip for 3 weeks in Jan 2020 and I am May 2019 applicant. Eligibility, Security, Criminality all are in progress. Montreal VO.
Is there any chance that i can get passport request in Dec 2019 or Jan 2020? Should i continue with my plan and book tickets for Jan 2020. My only worry is passport request at around December first or second week.
Don't hold up your plans if your file is in Montreal VO.

Taurean

Star Member
May 11, 2011
Email would be in the PPR request based on which you sent your passport. The document you will get with passport will say that they can't change validity date.
Hi @cansha! I checked my copr letter as well as ppr letter, not able to identify any email address. Where can I obtain it from? Please help. My visa is issued Delhi.