+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
In addition to the previous post,
we plan to:
1.) Inform CIC of the change of address once we return to home country
2.) Address the refusals and previous applications history stated in notes, chronologically and attaching documents (confirmation letters, correspondence letters etc.):
- clearly stating that we answered "yes" to form questions regarding previous refusals;
- 1st refusal was PA's Visitor Record when he applied for the latter on the last day of his valid Working Permit but the app was processed with the next day date, hence lost his status; which was restored afterwards;
- 2nd refusal was PA's second IEC app, due to the submission within the necessary 3 months discontinuation period between two working permits;
- 3rd refusal was PA's VR extension request submitted after the EE profile was created, but before we actually decided to apply within Canada, therefore the reason for the extension was genuinely tourism, and we did not mention EE because we weren't sure we'll go ahead and do it. After the 5+ months of processing the extension request, the PA sent the Additional doc stating dual intent because we thought it might be understood as an omission of info, and then was promptly refused the extension while dependant was granted extension on the exact same grounds.
3.) The information in notes is not correct, PA never had a previous Express Entry application, he had Work Permit application which was refused due to discontinuation rule (no. matches the work permit).
4.) Dependent has a second IEC permit in process. There is no explicit rule that forbids having multiple applications in process, and obligation to inform and somehow connect to the PR processing application/ VO in regard to informing the CIC of the already visible additional post-PR-submission applications (whether those are visitor, study etc.) is nowhere to be find. We were explicit and upfront with all the applications and refusals that happened at the time of the PR app submission, and what happened later we assumed and were right that it shows on our file;
5.) Address the inability to verify the employer due to inconclusive web-search: We shall provide official translation of the copy of the State's Register of the Medical Practices; we'll provide additional links where the medical practice can be find; copies of practician's recent participation in various international professional conferences.

Hopefully that will be a successful strategy to tackle any doubts CIC might have.
And, folks, I do apologize for a take-over, and huuuge amount of text - it's obvious, we are terrified and we have so much at stake, as you do.

Let us know what you think.
Thanks a tone!
To be honest, I think all your previous visa refusals for visitor extension have no bearing on the PR application. If you were applying for a visitor visa again most likely you would be refused but PR is different. You are already telling them you wish to settle in Canada and given your CRS score is good and no other issues in the application it should get approved. At least that's what I think about it.

All the best!

kostinalex

Oct 21, 2018
Hey, fellow Masters of Patience!
(@FindingAtm and @meenal31 - I guess you are in somewhat similar situation, so I'm tagging you here, as well - here is some info about whether you should stay or go when your visa is running out.)

My partner and I have received our GCMS notes, and along side sharing the info with applicants in similar situation, I would greatly appreciate your input. There's a lot of text, but I think it provides a context.
Just a reminder, the PA submitted a request for Visitor Record Extension prior to submitting the EE-PR app - we were thinking about going back to our home country and applying from there, but hoped for a quick processing being in Canada - lol/sobbing -, and made a decision to apply inland after the extension request was submitted.
So, the EE-FSW inland app was submitted while PA had his VR extension app processing, and while dependent was on valid VR.
Due to a 5+ months processing time for the VR extension, PA submitted an Additional document (Letter of Explenation) via on-line form to additionally acknowledge dual intent (having PR app processing), and ask for a date specific extension based on the official estimated app decision date (which was 25th March 2019).
Then, 2 days after the document was received by the responsible agent, PA's request was refused with no specific reason (copy-paste of all possible reasons).
Dependent did the same for her VR extension (meaning presented the same text with same reasons as an additional info in regard to the VR extension) and was granted the extension.
Afraid that PA would be refused again if he was to apply for the restoration (which would then most definitely be a red flag), and having the estimated finalization of PR date so near (+ our lawyer said to just wait it out for that little while) we stayed until now. We are going back to our home country (within the 90 day of possible restoration period) and will wait for our, hopefully positive, decision to be made there.
We are planning to make a change of address, and then address the issues stated in the Notes.
I would love to hear your suggestions how to tackle this situation, so do check this loooooong, loong post. Please and thank you!

So here we go:

FSW Inland, AOR 2018/09/25
R10: 2018/10/24
Info Sharing: Complete (2019/10/24)
Medical passed: 2018/10/23
Primary Office: Montreal Immigration
Transferal to Montreal: 2018/11/30 due to Workload (re)-distribution
Secondary Office: Centralized Intake Office

App Status: Open
App Status Reason: In Progress

No SS codes present on the file. Security sections either not started, blank, or 0.
Misrepresentation sections are either blank or 0.
Security: Not started (for both PA and dependent)

App. last updated: beginning of 2019/02
GCMS Notes Request: end of 2019/02, received within 31 days
App. Assignment: Assigned To: RC-2710 Assigned By: (code) Due Date: mid 2019/03

NOTES: 1

Created Date: 2019/02/xx Created By: (code)
Updated Date: Updated By: (same data as above)

Restricted: No
Label: EE Eligibility
Office: Montreal Immigration

Text: Case Analyst: Lock-in Date: 2018-09-xx_xxxxxxxxxx PA: (Surname, Name) - EE FSW Having analyzed this application based on the documents submitted by the applicant and the information contained in the file, I make the following recommendation.
ANALYST RECOMMENDATION: Review Required

MI3 SUMMARY NOTES: CIO RECOMMENDS PASS CRIMINALITY FOR BOTH PA AND SPOUSE. SPOUSE HAS 2 UCI. UCI #xxxxxxxx IS HOUSEHOLDED.
POTENTIAL ADVERSE INFO: IN 2018, PA WAS REFUSED 2 VR AND 1 WP.
A11.2: Appears Met
R75: FSW MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS - Appears Met
R76: SELECTION CRITERIA - FSW POINTS/Funds: Appears Met
FSW points total: 74
Ready to Finalize RPRF: Complete

Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) CRS Score at invitation to apply (ITA) 462
CRS points minimum score for round: 442
CRS score at application (APR): 462
I have reviewed the following for CRS points: PA gained points as COMMON-LAW at ITA and APR PA gained points for 3+ year(s) Foreign Work Experience with "xyz, edoc#xxxxxx" & "xyz, edoc# xxxxxx"

INTEGRATED SEARCH (FOSS/GCMS): PA: Not in Status

POTENTIAL ADVERSE INFORMATION: - PA WAS REFUSED A VR IN 2018. AGENT NOTE ARE AS FOLLOW: CLIENT IS REQUESTING A VISITOR FOR TOURISM. CLIENT HAS BEEN IN CANADA SINCE 2017/xx/xx. CLIENT HAS HAD SUFFICIENT TIME TO TOUR CANADA. I AM NOT SATISFIED CLIENT CONTINUES TO BE A BONA FIDE VISITOR. APPLICATION REFUSED. - PA WAS REFUSED A WP IN 2018. AGENT NOTE ARE AS FOLLOW: CLIENT IS CITIZEN OF xxx. BASED ON THE INFORMATION PROVIDED, I AM NOT SATISFIED THE CLIENT MEETS ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR THE IEC PROGRAM DUE TO THE DISCONTINUANCE REQUIREMENT. APPLICATION REFUSED. - PA WAS REFUSED A VR IN 2018. AGENT NOTE ARE AS FOLLOW: APPLICANT IS REQUESTING A VR EXTENSION. WAS AUTHORIZED TO ENTER CANADA ON WP 2017-xx-xx VALID TO 2018/xx/xx. APPLICATION RECEIVED ON 2018/xx/xx. STATUS AS A TEMPORARY RESIDENT HAS EXPIRED. HAS NOT SUBMIT AN APPLICATION FOR EXTENSION OF THEIR TEMPORARY RESIDENT STATUS ON OR BEFORE THE EXPIRY OF THE AUTHORIZED PERIOD. APPLICATION REFUSED AND ADVISED FOR RESTORATION. SPOUSE/CL: In Status valid until: 2019-xx-xx NO ADVERSE INFORMATION: NOTE: -PA HAS A PREVIOUS EE APPLICATION: Wxxxxxxxx (EXPIRED CANDIDATE) -SPOUSE HAS PREVIOUS EE APPLICATIONS: Exxxxxxx (NOT ELIGIBLE CANDIDATE) Wxxxxxxx (INVITATION SENT) -PA HAS A VALID TRV UNTIL 2020/xx/xx

COMMON-LAW since xxxx-xx-xx; Statutory declaration of CL is on file; Spouse is ACCOMPANYING No indication of previous marriages/cl partners No declared children MEDICALS: All NOT valid for 6 months or more PA - Passed, Valid until: 2019-xx-xx SPOUSE - Passed, Valid until: 2019-xx-xx PASSPORTS: All valid for 6 months or more

WORK EXPERIENCE: Lock-in Date: 2018-09-xx Primary Occupation: NOC 1243 Medical administrative assistants xxxx-xx to xxxx-xx - Festival Promotion Coordinator (NOC: 1123) - at xyz - eDoc# xxxxxx - Web-based search confirms employer information - Letter dated 2018-xx-xx appears to confirm employment in declared occupation throughout the specified period, and provides a job description which is consistent with the lead statement and main duties as set out in the declared NOC category. NOTE: -EMPLOYER VERIFIED AND ADRESS CONFIRMED ON (web-site link)/ - Letter confirms salary of xxx$/YEAR - Letter confirms full/time employment; CRS Foreign Work: 1 year and 1 month. Xxxx-xx to xxxx-xx - Paediatric Practice Administrator (NOC: 1243) - at xyz- eDoc# xxxxx - Letter dated 2018-xx-xx appears to confirm employment in declared occupation throughout the specified period, and provides a job description which is consistent with the lead statement and main duties as set out in the declared NOC category. NOTE: - EMPLOYER NOT VERIFIED: WEB SEARCH INCONCLUSIVE - Letter confirms salary of xxx$/YEAR - Letter confirms full/time employment; FSW Work: 2 years and 4 months. CRS Foreign Work: 2 years and 4 months. FSW Work: 1 year CRS Foreign Work: 3+ year(s)
WORK EXPERIENCE: 2-3 year(s), 11 FSW Points
ADAPTABILITY: 5 FSW Points Spouse has language Proficiency
SETTLEMENT FUNDS: Appears To Meet Approx.
CAD $20k+ - CAD $xxx as per BANK no.1 statement at xxxx-xx-xx; - CAD $xxx as per Bank no2 statement at xxxx-xx-xx; - CAD $xxxx as per Bank no.3 statement at xxx-xx-xx; Family of 2 requires CAD $15 531
Congrats man!

I have the same "potential adverse info" in my gcms notes with the same "PA was refused" though I indicated on my application that my initial Study Permit was rejected. (you can find my gcms notes several pages earlier)

I also thought that the analyst has a suspision that there was some sort of a fraud. Or maybe the analyst missed that I indicated my refusal on my application.

It seems to me that all previous CANADIAN refusals go to that "potential adverse info". I have a US refusal, but the analyst didn't include it in the "potential adverse info".

So, apparently, this field is used to inform the officer that there were some issues with the Canadian immigration authorities. It doesn't mean they suspect you of doing something wrong.

Btw, my notes are dated 25.01.2019. So, you are one month behind me. But we have almost the same OAR (mine is 14.09.2018). Maybe you'll be interested how my case will be processed.

Narimane

Jul 11, 2018
Hi all,

First, let me tell you that this group has made a lot of my days..few comments were just HILARIOUS! Thank you for your sense of humor guys!

So I'm a FSW-inland applicant with my application being processed in Montreal = Double hardship! I'm Tunisian which means I'm a French speaking person and this is not helping me much in getting a faster processing in Montreal ,knowing that half of my papers are originally in French.

AOR = Nov 19, 2018
Med passed = Dec 22, 2018 ==> IP2 on that same day
I called CIC 3 times since Nov, never ordered GCMS notes and I got to know that only criminality is in progress (since February 2019). Eligibility hasn't started yet (I'm not going to talk about security because this will always remain a mystery).

Last week, I mistakenly applied for visitor visa instead of BOWP and withdrew it the next day. CIC refused to refund me, saying they had started processing my application. I sent them an email saying it's funny how they were fast in processing this visa application while my PR has been sitting a while in Montreal.

I'm psychologically prepared for 7-8 months processing timeline but I'm at the same time pissed off. I promised myself I won't apply to a BOWP before July 1, knowing that my work permit expires on July 10.

I'm welcoming all supportive messages. Thanks again for your great company!
Nari - narimanebm@gmail.com

oluwhite

Star Member
Feb 21, 2019
Welcome to the 80 percent of the 20 percent who's applications are slow !
Hi all,

First, let me tell you that this group has made a lot of my days..few comments were just HILARIOUS! Thank you for your sense of humor guys!

So I'm a FSW-inland applicant with my application being processed in Montreal = Double hardship! I'm Tunisian which means I'm a French speaking person and this is not helping me much in getting a faster processing in Montreal ,knowing that half of my papers are originally in French.

AOR = Nov 19, 2018
Med passed = Dec 22, 2018 ==> IP2 on that same day
I called CIC 3 times since Nov, never ordered GCMS notes and I got to know that only criminality is in progress (since February 2019). Eligibility hasn't started yet (I'm not going to talk about security because this will always remain a mystery).

I'm welcoming all supportive messages. Thanks again for your great company!
Nari - narimanebm@gmail.com

Reactions: cansha

cad143

Oct 11, 2016
Hi folks, I called on Monday and the agent told me my application was in Montreal and it was approved/ decision made...Any idea how long is the regular wait time for further instructions? It looks like Montreal processing time could be longer than the others...

And, do you guys have any idea of how do they decide on PPR or Landing interview? I am currently living in a Canadian city which has easy access to a landing office... Thanks guys!
Wanted to reply sooner but my account got locked last week lol. Was using my phone and couldn’t access it for days. Anyway, was able to retrieve it. Same situation with you. I called and agent said application was approved. I haven’t received the PPR email yet. I’m also inland and learned from the agent that visa office is trying to get in touch with landing office for the “landing interview”. I asked when, she said usually more or less 8 weeks. I asked if it can be sooner coz I’m worried with my work permit expiring in June.

Reactions: Wendy1112

cad143

Oct 11, 2016
Congrats @cad143! So happy for you. I am doing well and you? No update yet on mine. I have decided to bury myself in work again and fill my mind with other thoughts. You will definitely receive your PPR before the expiration of your BOWP.
Thank you so much I just wish I receive the PPR email soon. Don’t worry, you’ll get yours soon too. ☺ At least now we know our files are moving. For the meantime, let’s busy ourselves so we won’t have time to worry lol btw, did you get order new gcms notes?

Reactions: Wendy1112

rooneysanket

Nov 7, 2018
Rooneysanket, have you heard back from them yet? Are you in ontsrio?
No reply .. I called cic on Thursday... Got connected to a very nice agent .. He put me on hold for like 15 mins .. Then he told me your file is approved Feb 11th and he has no clue why they have not contacted me with ppr or landing interview .. He said he will leave a note of my file which will ping the corresponding officer to take a look .....he told me to wait and call back if I don't hear back in 2 weeks....

In all honestly I have given up on being anxious... They will contact me when they are ready .. I won't be calling them again ... I have a work visa till March of next year .. I am pretty sure I'll get pr by then lol...

I am based in Vancouver ...

cad143

Oct 11, 2016
No reply .. I called cic on Thursday... Got connected to a very nice agent .. He put me on hold for like 15 mins .. Then he told me your file is approved Feb 11th and he has no clue why they have not contacted me with ppr or landing interview .. He said he will leave a note of my file which will ping the corresponding officer to take a look .....he told me to wait and call back if I don't hear back in 2 weeks....

In all honestly I have given up on being anxious... They will contact me when they are ready .. I won't be calling them again ... I have a work visa till March of next year .. I am pretty sure I'll get pr by then lol...

That's exactly true. I called them last week and sent a CSE last Thursday. I'm just anxious because mine is expiring in two months. She told me to call again if I don't hear from IRCC in the next few weeks. :(

Wendy1112

Star Member
Jun 1, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Montreal
AOR Received.
12-31-2018
Med's Done....
02-10-2019
Passport Req..
interview request: May 23rd
LANDED..........
06-05-2019
Wanted to reply sooner but my account got locked last week lol. Was using my phone and couldn’t access it for days. Anyway, was able to retrieve it. Same situation with you. I called and agent said application was approved. I haven’t received the PPR email yet. I’m also inland and learned from the agent that visa office is trying to get in touch with landing office for the “landing interview”. I asked when, she said usually more or less 8 weeks. I asked if it can be sooner coz I’m worried with my work permit expiring in June.
Wow thank you for sharing this with me!

I had to keep myself busy busy during the past two weeks, otherwise I'll just be worried sick all day!

Anyways, the agent told me my application was approved and I should expect a notice in a few days, but it could take as long as -- until the end of my estimated processing deadline (which is July). I'm guessing since I live in Vancouver, the local landing office is quite busy... I am not sure who is issuing the email though, the Montreal VO or the local VO?

Finger crossed and hope we all get or landing email soon! In the meanwhile, let's keep connected!

Sarah K

Jan 15, 2019
Hello everyone!
Just got off the phone with a very kind agent and found out that my file has been transferred to montreal VO. I'm FSW-I and my AOR is Nov. 3rd.
Criminality is in process and nothing has been started yet besides MEP.
Does this mean I have far way to go until the ppr? :)

Wendy1112

Star Member
Jun 1, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Montreal
AOR Received.
12-31-2018
Med's Done....
02-10-2019
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
06-05-2019
That's exactly true. I called them last week and sent a CSE last Thursday. I'm just anxious because mine is expiring in two months. She told me to call again if I don't hear from IRCC in the next few weeks. :(
Hope you hear back from them very soon (this week)! Let's stay in touch lol

Wendy1112

Star Member
Jun 1, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Montreal
AOR Received.
12-31-2018
Med's Done....
02-10-2019
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
06-05-2019

Just noticed that you are in Vancouver as well... emmmm I guess they are slow when it comes to landing interviews ( since they only have 3ish staff member working in a quite small office, and they have more than express entry applicants to deal with :C)

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Hello everyone!
Just got off the phone with a very kind agent and found out that my file has been transferred to montreal VO. I'm FSW-I and my AOR is Nov. 3rd.
Criminality is in process and nothing has been started yet besides MEP.
Does this mean I have far way to go until the ppr? :)
oh, join this unfortunate club, yes it seems like you

Did you ask what date your file was transferred to Montreal?

My AOR is Nov 7th 2018 and file was transferred from Sydney NS, to Montreal QC, on Jan 17th 2019. I believe the transfer date matters. Nothing in my file has started yet, not even criminality.