+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

Sarah K

Jan 15, 2019
oh, join this unfortunate club, yes it seems like you

Did you ask what date your file was transferred to Montreal?

My AOR is Nov 7th 2018 and file was transferred from Sydney NS, to Montreal QC, on Jan 17th 2019. I believe the transfer date matters. Nothing in my file has started yet, not even criminality.
Hello smash1984!
I don't know what date it got transferred exactly. I didn't ask.
I remember the last time you were cheering me up saying " Atleast your VO is etobicoke" in Nov aor forum.
Haha but yea here we are talking again in montreal forum. Good to see you and Good luck to us!
They did mention about the expected completion date tho. Have you heard about that from the agent? It is end of the August they say.

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Hello smash1984!
I remember the last time you were cheering me up saying " Atleast your VO is etobicoke" in Nov aor forum.
Haha but yea here we are talking again in montreal forum. Good to see you and Good luck to us!
They did mention about the expected completion date tho. Have you heard about that from the agent? It is end of the August they say.
Lol, i think i remember saying that to one person (I guess that is you). Oh well, welcome to Montreal, i suppose on the bright side (about half your wait is over and a little under half or even less might be left :D).

The agent said to me to call back if I don't get a decision by June 16th and they might put a request to expedite my case (sounded like bs to me, as in how can agents help to expedite?). What did they tell you?

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Hello smash1984!
btw, are you on the Montreal WA group? it is a very good resource to cheer up, help, and be helped for montrealers.

Sarah K

Jan 15, 2019
Lol, i think i remember saying that to one person (I guess that is you). Oh well, welcome to Montreal, i suppose on the bright side (about half your wait is over and a little under half or even less might be left :D).

The agent said to me to call back if I don't get a decision by June 16th and they might put a request to expedite my case (sounded like bs to me, as in how can agents help to expedite?). What did they tell you?
They said they can't do anything until the expected completion date is over since the officer put the date on my file. I have no idea what they can or can't do about the file. Maybe the agent you were talking to was right about "expedite memo" or something. :(
I just hope my ppr doesn't go pass the expectation date they gave me.
WA group? Whatsapp? How do I join it? :)

Santakloss

Jul 5, 2018
Hello to new folks on this forum and Whats up to old-timers @cansha @maverick1982 @Adeife23 @sam.m ! I hope you guys are doing well and on with the second phase of this journey. Its nice to see so many new folks on this forum and thanks to your recruitment drive, its a success in terms of gathering more data! Congratulations to @M_A , as we were keeping track of your file back then and what a story !
I was missing the action for a while as my visa ended in USA and i had to move back to India, but i did check once in a while to see whats going on.

Coming to my application now, Aug 10th AOR date, still have not received the PPR (please see my signature for details) 227 days and counting and i just received my 2nd set of notes. I know my background check had started last week as the profile was updated and the due date on the GCMS notes says March 23rd 2019. I think i was supposed to get the PPR on 23rd as per the due date as I checked with other AUG 10th AOR's and they received their PPR on that date. In my case i was asked to re-submit the medicals as they are expiring next month on APR 20th I believe we need to land in canada before the medicals expire.
My concern is once the re-medical results are uploaded, will montreal look at it quickly or do they take quite a while again to come back and pick the file again ? Anybody with ADR's can probably shed light on this.
Hi,
While I don't mean to sound negative but Montreal is so unpredictable. I want to share my experience so it could help you position your mind for however long it might take. We were asked to submit an updated medical report on Jan 10th as the previous one was to expire by February 5th of 2019. We submitted the medical report on February 10th, 2019 and till date no update. Not even the medical status changed. All my calls to CIC told me my application is still in progress. Mind you my AOR was August 21st so am waiting for over 7.5months now without a clue on any progress on our files. Not even a ghost update. Nothing seems to be happening. So pls prepare ur mind, however, luck is different you may not wait like me. All the best.

Reactions: Axwell

Axwell

Star Member
Aug 11, 2013
Hi,
While I don't mean to sound negative but Montreal is so unpredictable. I want to share my experience so it could help you position your mind for however long it might take. We were asked to submit an updated medical report on Jan 10th as the previous one was to expire by February 5th of 2019. We submitted the medical report on February 10th, 2019 and till date no update. Not even the medical status changed. All my calls to CIC told me my application is still in progress. Mind you my AOR was August 21st so am waiting for over 7.5months now without a clue on any progress on our files. Not even a ghost update. Nothing seems to be happening. So pls prepare ur mind, however, luck is different you may not wait like me. All the best.
Hey, thanks for sharing your experience. That's not good. I was hoping they would pick up the files and clear them asap as re-medical is just a formal procedure to make sure we have ample time to enter canada provided everything else is approved, by everything i mean eligibility POF, BGS etc.
So are you inland applicant ? and when you said "we" as in how many of you are on the application if you dont mind me asking ?
I had called CIC yesterday and they did confirm that updated medical results were received at their end, its just that some officer needs to pick the file and approve it.
This is just stretching way too much now, I am at 7.8 months now, 235 days and counting.

Illusionchafe

Dec 19, 2018
I was informed by the ircc agent that my file is now transferred to VO Calgary from VO Montreal. Any one in the same situation? What is the average time at Calgary?

Narimane

Jul 11, 2018
Hello everyone!
Just got off the phone with a very kind agent and found out that my file has been transferred to montreal VO. I'm FSW-I and my AOR is Nov. 3rd.
Criminality is in process and nothing has been started yet besides MEP.
Does this mean I have far way to go until the ppr? :)
Hello Sarah, my case is similar to yours (FSW-I). My AOR is Nov 19 and only criminality check has started.