+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

kruhiputar

Mar 22, 2018
good luck man. One would think that inland candidates would get approval first. Seems like they are taking longer for inlands.
I was wondering, have we definitely concluded that introduction of the new biometrics policy (August 2018) has absolutely nothing to do with inland applicants being stuck in limbo, simply because there hasn't yet been established an adequate infrastructure in Canada for such policy? Those inland candidates - which have their AORs sometimes between the introduction of the policy and January 2019, or who's applications were just about starting to be processed at that time (so I'd guess June and July) - seem to be the ones with 180+ days of processing, right?
Maybe CIC is "waiting" for the infrastructure to be established so they can ask us to go and give our biometrics as the final step towards getting PR? Has anyone been asked to do biometrics though they are inland applicants?

I believe inlands are definitely in most unfavorable position.

Last edited:

oluwhite

Star Member
Feb 21, 2019
Thia is inaccurate information. There are bio-metric devices at most points or ports of entry so this analysis is not so accurate
I was wondering, have we definitely concluded that introduction of the new biometrics policy (August 2018) has absolutely nothing to do with inland applicants being stuck in the lomb, simply because there hasn't yet been established an adequate infrastructure in Canada for such policy? Those inland candidates - which have their AOR sometimes between the introduction of the policy and January 2019 - seem to be the ones with 180+ days of processing, right?
Maybe CIC is "waiting" for the infrastructure to be established so they can ask us to go and give our biometrics as the final step towards getting PR? Has anyone been asked to do biometrics though they are inland applicants?

Lyra

Star Member
Mar 20, 2018
Aug 8th AOR
Aug 4th AOR got ppr on March 6th and August 8 AOR got their ppr on March 18th. So they took 12 days to cover the gap of 4 days and I am seeing this is going to become slower and slower, so by this logic August 25 AOR should wait 8-9 months? This is ridiculous and very frustrating!!!

jm90

Jan 10, 2019
Aug 4th AOR got ppr on March 6th and August 8 AOR got their ppr on March 18th. So they took 12 days to cover the gap of 4 days and I am seeing this is going to become slower and slower, so by this logic August 25 AOR should wait 8-9 months? This is ridiculous and very frustrating!!!
I don't see this is immitracker... Where did you get this info?

jrose0418

Jul 17, 2018
Canada
Visa Office......
Montreal
Hi guys,
I have not receive any PPR yet,
Sharing my current timeline;

FSW-I

AOR: July 19, 2018

Got Married: October 8, 2018

Updated CIC with my marital status: October 10, 2018

No update until November 2018

Decided to raised CSE and inquire regarding my application, got an email from cic that my file was transfered from CIO Nova Scotia to Montreal VO: November 2018

No update until: December 2018

Ordered GCMS Note: December 2018

Received GCMS Note: January 2019
I saw a notes, by analyst regarding my proof of fund and Job Offer.

Sent LOE to CIC about inland applicant not needing to provide proof of fund. I have also sent a copy of Job Offer from my current employer.
All documents sent on January 10, 2019

Received a ADR regarding addition of spouse and change of marital status: February 15,2019

Uploaded additional Documents: February 20, 2019

Received Medical Request for wife and Request to pay RPRF(Both on the same day): Feb 28, 2019

Paid and uploaded RPRF: March 8, 2019

Wife had her medical: March 13,2019

Received an email from the medical clinic thatmy wife's medical result was sent to CIC: March 14,2019

Checked my CIC account, had a ghost update from Medical required to Medical is not needed: March 18,2019

Back to the waiting game

oluwhite

Star Member
Feb 21, 2019
I have a similar situation like yours; my application was also transferred from CIO to Montreal office after I got married. It also took over one full month for CIC to update my profile and acknowledge/update my status after getting married...Goodluck on this journey and happy waiting. If I may ask, is your spouse in Canada or in the US since I already know you are in canada from your statement? Also are you able to share the address you got concerning addition of spouse and change of marital status ?
Hi guys,
I have not receive any PPR yet,
Sharing my current timeline;

FSW-I

AOR: July 19, 2018

Got Married: October 8, 2018

Updated CIC with my marital status: October 10, 2018

No update until November 2018

Back to the waiting game

Last edited:

cad143

Oct 11, 2016
Somebody in the WA group had a ghost update Friday night and got PPR today (early Aug AOR)

hopefully soon for you man. I see you are inland. So am I. I am rooting for the inlanders more than for the outlanders. Hopefully its coming soon.
I also logged into my account Friday, it showed Updated and then when I refreshed the page, it again changed to submitted. I really hope we get updates on our file soon. This waiting time is so frustrating - it's testing my patience. :( But keeping my hopes up and praying for good news this week to all of us in this thread.

Reactions: RR9187

cad143

Oct 11, 2016
Yes, inland. Toronto.
Wiji, so they didn't give you anything - like information on when you're going to receive it? This is so frustrating then if your application has been approved last November and you're still waiting for that precious email.

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
you are not far off, currently montreal people are taking between 7-8 months on average.

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
I was wondering, have we definitely concluded that introduction of the new biometrics policy (August 2018) has absolutely nothing to do with inland applicants being stuck in limbo, simply because there hasn't yet been established an adequate infrastructure in Canada for such policy? Those inland candidates - which have their AORs sometimes between the introduction of the policy and January 2019, or who's applications were just about starting to be processed at that time (so I'd guess June and July) - seem to be the ones with 180+ days of processing, right?

Not really. A lot of inland folks already have biometrics taken. For example they pulled out my biometrics from my earlier visa.