+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

kruhiputar

Mar 22, 2018
Not really. A lot of inland folks already have biometrics taken. For example they pulled out my biometrics from my earlier visa.
Thanks for replying. I've never had to give mine before, not for PR app nor for any other permit I was issued, so I thought maybe that element and the introduced policy could be the reason why inland folks (who haven't ever had to give biometrics before) could be on hold / put a side / were processed last. Well, I had to ask.

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Thanks for replying. I've never had to give mine before, not for PR app nor for any other permit I was issued, so I thought maybe that element and the introduced policy could be the reason why inland folks (who haven't ever had to give biometrics before) could be on hold / put a side / were processed last. Well, I had to ask.
i totally understand the question. I myself have been trying to come up with a unified theory that explains the time taken to PPR.

Its like the unified grand theory of physics that can combine the gravitational, electromagnetic, and nuclear forces, whoever does it will get the Nobel Prize. So whoever explains the time to PPR through the right theory will get the internet forum prize :p

wiji

Mar 5, 2019
Wiji, so they didn't give you anything - like information on when you're going to receive it? This is so frustrating then if your application has been approved last November and you're still waiting for that precious email.
They just said to wait until 23 April.

jrose0418

Jul 17, 2018
Canada
Visa Office......
Montreal
I have a similar situation like yours; my application was also transferred from CIO to Montreal office after I got married. It also took over one full month for CIC to update my profile and acknowledge/update my status after getting married...Goodluck on this journey and happy waiting. If I may ask, is your spouse in Canada or in the US since I already know you are in canada from your statement? Also are you able to share the address you got concerning addition of spouse and change of marital status ?
Hi @oluwhite

My wife is in Singapore, I just received a request letter, stating all the necessary forms and supporting documents for the addition of my wife to my application and proof of marriage.

Pringles226

Star Member
Feb 14, 2019
Hi @oluwhite

My wife is in Singapore, I just received a request letter, stating all the necessary forms and supporting documents for the addition of my wife to my application and proof of marriage.
I'm waiting for my PR application to process so I can get married. I just KNOW it's going to take several months longer if I get married before it does, even if she's a Canadian citizen.

Pringles226

Star Member
Feb 14, 2019
I also logged into my account Friday, it showed Updated and then when I refreshed the page, it again changed to submitted. I really hope we get updates on our file soon. This waiting time is so frustrating - it's testing my patience. :( But keeping my hopes up and praying for good news this week to all of us in this thread.
So it sounds like a lot of people got this update last week, it wasn't just me. Maybe they made some internal change en masse? I mean, if that update meant we should expect to hear from them within 36 hours like some mentioned then that time is up already lol

cougprey

Star Member
Feb 20, 2019
United States
have you called cic? did they tell you anything useful?
No just the usual story of how it takes the time it takes. But I noticed it's good to call after you receive your GCMS notes because you can ask them very specific questions (they seem to have access to it but are very tight lipped about the info)

serene17

Star Member
Dec 7, 2017
Hi everyone!

It's been 9 months since AOR ( JUNE 12) and nothing has changed since Nov. according to GCMS notes. I've raised a couple of CSEs but I keep just getting the standard response. I have called them and a very nice agent informed me that I have to wait until the officer "revises" the other part of the background check ( I am assuming she's referring to security) and I should hear from them "soon". She said she can't give a timeline. I am very stressed because I have to make an important career decision so I really need to know what's up with my application to be able to make an informed decision. Any advice on what I could do to get an update on my application?

Pringles226

Star Member
Feb 14, 2019
Hi everyone!

It's been 9 months since AOR ( JUNE 12) and nothing has changed since Nov. according to GCMS notes. I've raised a couple of CSEs but I keep just getting the standard response. I have called them and a very nice agent informed me that I have to wait until the officer "revises" the other part of the background check ( I am assuming she's referring to security) and I should hear from them "soon". She said she can't give a timeline. I am very stressed because I have to make an important career decision so I really need to know what's up with my application to be able to make an informed decision. Any advice on what I could do to get an update on my application?
What's this ADR you got on July 20th?

You see, I got an ADR on my application myself for an RCMP certificate (which is related to security) and now my application is taking longer than everyone else's. Only a few people get this ADR, and in this case the application seems to be greatly delayed. I seem to have had a ghost update between last week and yesterday but I doubt in my case that means anything.

serene17

Star Member
Dec 7, 2017
What's this ADR you got on July 20th?

You see, I got an ADR on my application myself for an RCMP certificate (which is related to security) and now my application is taking longer than everyone else's. Only a few people get this ADR, and in this case the application seems to be greatly delayed. I seem to have had a ghost update between last week and yesterday but I doubt in my case that means anything.
That ADR was a request for a passport renewal. I suspect that I am going through security check, but I don't know if there is a way to know what's going on with my application. |Sigh|