+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

Pringles226

Star Member
Feb 14, 2019
That ADR was a request for a passport renewal. I suspect that I am going through security check, but I don't know if there is a way to know what's going on with my application. |Sigh|
Only way to know is through GCMS notes. I wonder if they deliberately delay our applications because of ADR.

oluwhite

Star Member
Feb 21, 2019
To Brighten up the mood on here, someone on the whatsapp group got PPR earlier today so Montreal is still working. They might be super slow but we are stuck with them and we have to wait it out

serene17

Star Member
Dec 7, 2017
Only way to know is through GCMS notes. I wonder if they deliberately delay our applications because of ADR.
GCMS indicate that everything is passed - except for security, which just has a blank space under it ( it seems like info was redacted) and the officer's final decision is "On Hold"

Reactions: Pringles226

Pringles226

Star Member
Feb 14, 2019

wiji

Mar 5, 2019
Good news everyone.

Quick re-cap: June AOR. File approved in November at Montreal office. No movement in my file after that at all.

I phoned IRCC on 5th March to ask for updates. They confirmed that file was approved and was not touched since November.

I (cheekily) e-mailed IRCC.PRA-RVPR.IRCC@cic.gc.ca on 18th March requesting for an interview, using the details of my COPR that was on my GCMS information. I did not have any formal communication of approval at this stage.

On 19th March (today), I phoned IRCC again. Agent was genuinely shocked that my file was approved in November. He noted that there was some movement in my file in the last couple of weeks since my last phone call to IRCC.

Suddenly, I received a landing interview letter today (19th March) from Etobicoke. The interview is next week.

Thanks for all the advice guys. Hoping for the best for everyone else waiting.

If you know that your file is approved, call the IRCC office by phone until you are able to speak to an agent. I think that is the best way to communicate with them after the file is approved. Call them once every two weeks or so. Raising a CSE at the post-approval stage seems to be ineffective.

Also, my online account still does not show any updates whatsoever.

Pringles226

Star Member
Feb 14, 2019
To Brighten up the mood on here, someone on the whatsapp group got PPR earlier today so Montreal is still working. They might be super slow but we are stuck with them and we have to wait it out
That actually does the opposite of brightening my mood lol... right now, every person that gets their PR is a sign that something's gone wrong with my application

oluwhite

Star Member
Feb 21, 2019
Congrats! you have been on this issue for a while. In fact we almost all doubted the approval of your application but it all ended in praise for you
Good news everyone.

Quick re-cap: June AOR. File approved in November at Montreal office. No movement in my file after that at all.

I phoned IRCC on 5th March to ask for updates. They confirmed that file was approved and was not touched since November.

I (cheekily) e-mailed IRCC.PRA-RVPR.IRCC@cic.gc.ca on 18th March requesting for an interview, using the details of my COPR that was on my GCMS information. I did not have any formal communication of approval at this stage.

Reactions: cad143

serene17

Star Member
Dec 7, 2017
This day just keep getting better. The information in the link talks about suspending an application. I can't think of a reason why my file would be suspended. Also, in my GCMS notes, it states that the reason for the hold is "Information Required" .. I am legit freaking out now ...

Pringles226

Star Member
Feb 14, 2019
This day just keep getting better. The information in the link talks about suspending an application. I can't think of a reason why my file would be suspended. Also, in my GCMS notes, it states that the reason for the hold is "Information Required" .. I am legit freaking out now ...
I don't mean to freak you out, seriously. I'm trying to share the limited information I have on the subject so that you have a better idea of where your application stands.

The reason a file is put on hold is indeed that "information is required":

"Section 13.1 of the Citizenship Act allows the Minister to suspend an application in certain circumstances, and without time limitation, in order to obtain the following information needed to make a decision:"

But I guess you're right. If the reason stated on the GCMS note isn't "suspended" then I doubt its the case.

JohnsonRock

Nov 15, 2018
Michigan
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-10-2018
Try calling them to find out if some information is needed from your end. Also, email them and/or raise a CSE asking about the same.
Hope things get sorted out soon. ATB

Lyra

Star Member
Mar 20, 2018
Can you share what was their Aor