+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

Pringles226

Star Member
Feb 14, 2019
Yes. Final approval was done in November.
Well this doesn't make any sense. Your application was APPROVED in November? First of all, Nov would have been too early for June AOR. Secondly, if it had indeed been approved, you've gotten it by now. In 3rd place, in this case if you called their call center they'd be able to explain to you what exactly is going on.

Pringles226

Star Member
Feb 14, 2019
If I were you, I wouldn't sell myself short. You'd never know with CIC. Although I get what ur doing tho; hoping for the best but expecting the worst
Its just pure logic, why is it that my application hasn't gone the same as the others? Ghost updates with no emails... ADRs for police certificates that aren't usually needed, and now almost everyone from early August has gotten their PPR and I'm not one of them. My profile is GOOD, there's NOTHING wrong with it.

wiji

Mar 5, 2019
Well this doesn't make any sense. Your application was APPROVED in November? First of all, Nov would have been too early for June AOR. Secondly, if it had indeed been approved, you've gotten it by now. In 3rd place, in this case if you called their call center they'd be able to explain to you what exactly is going on.
Yes, it was approved in November. I called them and they confirmed that it was approved in November and they also confirmed that my file was not touched after that. The agent on the phone said she does not know what's going on. She just said that she will send a note to the office. And she told me if I don't hear anything by 23 April, that I should call back.

oluwhite

Star Member
Feb 21, 2019
well keep the faith! I think one of the reasons for this group and the Whatsapp one is to try and encourage one another cos of the excruciating wait we are going through with Montreal. Just hold on as many pple have been frustrated by this process but still come back to share that they got PPR in the end
Its just pure logic, why is it that my application hasn't gone the same as the others? Ghost updates with no emails... ADRs for police certificates that aren't usually needed, and now almost everyone from early August has gotten their PPR and I'm not one of them. My profile is GOOD, there's NOTHING wrong with it.

Pringles226

Star Member
Feb 14, 2019
well keep the faith! I think one of the reasons for this group and the Whatsapp one is to try and encourage one another cos of the excruciating wait we are going through with Montreal. Just hold on as many pple have been frustrated by this process but still come back to share that they got PPR in the end
I don't often feel frustrated, discouraged etc, but unfortunately I'm also resistant to encouragement efforts... it's just how my brain works :(

I just want to understand, is it still a ghost update if you get no email?

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
I don't often feel frustrated, discouraged etc, but unfortunately I'm also resistant to encouragement efforts... it's just how my brain works :(

I just want to understand, is it still a ghost update if you get no email?
Somebody in the WA group had a ghost update Friday night and got PPR today (early Aug AOR)

hopefully soon for you man. I see you are inland. So am I. I am rooting for the inlanders more than for the outlanders. Hopefully its coming soon.

Pringles226

Star Member
Feb 14, 2019
Yes, it was approved in November. I called them and they confirmed that it was approved in November and they also confirmed that my file was not touched after that. The agent on the phone said she does not know what's going on. She just said that she will send a note to the office. And she told me if I don't hear anything by 23 April, that I should call back.
I trust you have a GCMS notes order underway?

Pringles226

Star Member
Feb 14, 2019
Somebody in the WA group had a ghost update Friday night and got PPR today (early Aug AOR)

hopefully soon for you man. I see you are inland. So am I. I am rooting for the inlanders more than for the outlanders. Hopefully its coming soon.
Good but what *IS* a ghost update? I was told you get an email, there was no email for me. Was there any emails for this guy that got their PPR today?

JohnsonRock

Nov 15, 2018
Michigan
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-10-2018
Good but what *IS* a ghost update? I was told you get an email, there was no email for me. Was there any emails for this guy that got their PPR today?
An email is often triggered long after you see the "Updated" status in your online account. You may get an email tonight/tomorrow. In a rare scenario that you don't, this is a ghost update regardless. Looking at the general trend, you should expect a PPR anywhere from 1 day (most common) to as long as another month. But this is definitely a good sign. Montreal center touching your application for anything is a blessing.

Reactions: Pringles226

Pringles226

Star Member
Feb 14, 2019
An email is often triggered long after you see the "Updated" status in your online account. You may get an email tonight/tomorrow. In a rare scenario that you don't, this is a ghost update regardless. Looking at the general trend, you should expect a PPR anywhere from 1 day (most common) to as long as another month. But this is definitely a good sign. Montreal center touching your application for anything is a blessing.
Thank you, that's what I needed to confirm.

Reactions: JohnsonRock