+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

smcan2014

Oct 27, 2014
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
06-01-2017
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
@cansha You have just been great in great in spearheading the thread and keeping the hope up for folks like us who are caught in the Montreal web. I really wish I could participate and contribute more. But recently this thing after 4 months has become bitter for me especially since the last couple of weeks or so when I called to inquire about my status and the agent told me the eligibility is under review and nothing else has started. When I asked what does under review mean, the agent told me officers look into this and they are not done and she doesn't have access to view it. Then to be more specific, I asked whether the status on eligibility reads "review required" or "recommended passed" or "passed", to which he agent told me it is review required. Not sure though if it was the correct response by the agent because she did not check the status one more time before answering and only after persistently asking if the eligibility status is "review required" did she tell me that the status is review required. Whatever it is, it was bitter pill for me to swallow and decided to keep off of the forum and CIC account.
Keep up the good work, you have been a real inspiration.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
@cansha You have just been great in great in spearheading the thread and keeping the hope up for folks like us who are caught in the Montreal web. I really wish I could participate and contribute more. But recently this thing after 4 months has become bitter for me especially since the last couple of weeks or so when I called to inquire about my status and the agent told me the eligibility is under review and nothing else has started. When I asked what does under review mean, the agent told me officers look into this and they are not done and she doesn't have access to view it. Then to be more specific, I asked whether the status on eligibility reads "review required" or "recommended passed" or "passed", to which he agent told me it is review required. Not sure, if it was the correct response by the agent because she did not check the status one more time before answering and only after persistently asking if the eligibility status is "review required" did she tell me that the status is review required. Whatever it is, it was bitter pill for me to swallow and decided to keep off of the forum and CIC account.
Keep up the good work, you have been a real inspiration.
Hey @smcan2014 thanks for your kind words. And I really understand the frustration. I wouldn’t really attribute too much to what the agent said simply because we all were told the same thing. It can’t be that every one of us requires eligibility review.
I understand the bitterness. In my case I was a silent observer of the forum and joined as a way channeling my frustration.

I wish you all the best and pray for everyone of us here.

Have you ordered GCMS notes yet?

Reactions: smcan2014

smcan2014

Oct 27, 2014
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
06-01-2017
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hey @smcan2014 thanks for your kind words. And I really understand the frustration. I wouldn’t really attribute too much to what the agent said simply because we all were told the same thing. It can’t be that every one of us requires eligibility review.
I understand the bitterness. In my case I was a silent observer of the forum and joined as a way channeling my frustration.

I wish you all the best and pray for everyone of us here.

Have you ordered GCMS notes yet?
I am going to order it in the first week of September just in case something changes between now and then. Did you order yours?

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
I am going to order it in the first week of September just in case something changes between now and then. Did you order yours?
I’ll also order on 1st Sep. I had the all on 1st August so waiting for psychological one month to elapse before I order. Honestly I’m a little scared to order them and not see any progress. Ha ha. But I think ordering notes will give me a sense of doing something. Just waiting is so tough.

smcan2014

Oct 27, 2014
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
06-01-2017
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
I’ll also order on 1st Sep. I had the all on 1st August so waiting for psychological one month to elapse before I order. Honestly I’m a little scared to order them and not see any progress. Ha ha. But I think ordering notes will give me a sense of doing something. Just waiting is so tough.
You know recently after taking my mind away from all this, I have actually done some meaningful work:D. All these months I have just been passing time at the office :cool:

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
You know recently after taking my mind away from all this, I have actually done some meaningful work:D. All these months I have just been passing time at the office :cool:
ha ha ha ... I totally relate to that. It's sometimes difficult to use meaningful and work in the same sentence. But I'm glad you're doing that. To be honest I'm also working with the assumption that I would be in the same job for at least the foreseeable future. I was in the time pass mode from AOR to my first call to IRCC. And then reality hit me!!

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Just updating my previous post to include one more member in this list. And more just to keep this thread on top so that if there are others they join us.

@Arpatel91 AOR 21st Feb Status Eligibility Ongoing. BG/Criminality - Not started, GCMS notes - ??

@shrey01 AOR 1st March - PPR after 100 days
@rajanshah176 1st March - PPR 25th July 146 days

@ss0592 AOR 3rd March Status Eligibility ??. BG/Criminality - ??, GCMS notes - ??

@itwarriorkarve AOR 15th April .. PPR (Inland) after ?? days
@Oksamjackson AOR 18th April, IP2 - 26th April
@smcan2014 AOR 25 April - Status Eligibility ongoing. BG/Criminality - Not started, GCMS notes - ??
@Srukar AOR 25th Apr Status Eligibility ??. BG/Criminality - ??, GCMS notes - ??
@harjeetm AOR 26th April Status Eligibility ??. BG/Criminality - ??, GCMS notes - ??
@Rijo02 AOR 26th April Status Eligibility ongoing. BG/Criminality - Not started, GCMS notes - Ordered
@kevinboston AOR 27th April Status Eligibility ??. BG/Criminality - ??, GCMS notes - ??

@Arminder_1985 AOR 5th May Status Eligibility ??. BG/Criminality - ??, GCMS notes - ??
@Sington AOR 6th May Status Ready To Finalize

@Param90 AOR June 1st Status Eligibility "Recommended Pass". BG/Criminality - Not started, GCMS notes - Ordered
@pathwaytofreedom AOR 10th June - Status Eligibility not done. BG/Criminality - Not started, GCMS notes - Not ordered
@Y@$h AOR 14 June Status Eligibility "Recommended Pass". BG/Criminality - Not started, GCMS notes - ??
@cansha i.e. me AOR 19th June - Status Eligibility not done. BG/Criminality - Not started, GCMS notes - Not ordered
@phaneeswar130

Known cases of PPR from Montreal
@itwarriorkarve AOR 15th April .. PPR (Inland)
@rajanshah176 timeline as per his posts is

Single Applicant - FSW-O
CRS - 475
ITA - Dec 6th
AOR - Mar 1
MEP/IP1 - Mar 8
IP2 - May 4th
PPR - Jul 25
As per one of his posts on June 11 his eligibility was still under review when he called IRCC.

@shrey01 post on his PPR.
My office was Montreal as well. AoR March 1. FSW-O from USA. It took me 100 days to get the PPR.

Reactions: AmB20 and Param90

vish97

Feb 7, 2018
Add me !!! same boat!!!!

AOR - April 22nd
MEP - April 27th
since than IP1 - April 27th

called on Jun 4th - response ----"eligibility Not started".
called on Aug 5th - response ----"Eligibility review still going on" (wasn't clear , if it was "review required" for case officer OR still is case analyst reviewing).

ordered GCMS on Aug 5th waiting for it.

always thought my profile simple , 1+ year exp,Masters, not much travel history, . straight forward :(

and by the way , i am also applicant from US . (Nationally - INDIA)

i Know of one case approved from Montreal , Aor - 29th march , PPR - 30 July , (all those 4 months he was in IP1 , no updates in between , directly PPR) (he is also applicant from US).

best of luck everybody.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Just updating my previous post to include one more member in this list. And more just to keep this thread on top so that if there are others they join us.

@Arpatel91 AOR 21st Feb Status Eligibility Ongoing. BG/Criminality - Not started, GCMS notes - ??

@ss0592 AOR 3rd March Status Eligibility ??. BG/Criminality - ??, GCMS notes - ??

@vish97 AOR 22nd April, Status Eligibility review ongoing
@smcan2014 AOR 25 April - Status Eligibility ongoing. BG/Criminality - Not started, GCMS notes - ??
@Srukar AOR 25th Apr Status Eligibility ??. BG/Criminality - ??, GCMS notes - ??
@harjeetm AOR 26th April Status Eligibility ??. BG/Criminality - ??, GCMS notes - ??
@Rijo02 AOR 26th April Status Eligibility ongoing. BG/Criminality - Not started, GCMS notes - Ordered
@kevinboston AOR 27th April Status Eligibility ??. BG/Criminality - ??, GCMS notes - ??

@Arminder_1985 AOR 5th May Status Eligibility ??. BG/Criminality - ??, GCMS notes - ??

@Param90 AOR June 1st Status Eligibility "Recommended Pass". BG/Criminality - Not started, GCMS notes - Ordered
@pathwaytofreedom AOR 10th June - Status Eligibility not done. BG/Criminality - Not started, GCMS notes - Not ordered
@Y@$h AOR 14 June Status Eligibility "Recommended Pass". BG/Criminality - Not started, GCMS notes - ??
@cansha i.e. me AOR 19th June - Status Eligibility not done. BG/Criminality - Not started, GCMS notes - Not ordered
@phaneeswar130

Case mentioned by Vish97 AOR 29th March PPR - 30th July (Case in IP1 throughout)

Single Applicant - FSW-O
CRS - 475
ITA - Dec 6th
AOR - Mar 1
MEP/IP1 - Mar 8
IP2 - May 4th
PPR - Jul 25
As per one of his posts on June 11 his eligibility was still under review when he called IRCC.

My office was Montreal as well. AoR March 1. FSW-O from USA. It took me 100 days to get the PPR.

Reactions: AmB20 and smcan2014

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Add me !!! same boat!!!!

AOR - April 22nd
MEP - April 27th
since than IP1 - April 27th

called on Jun 4th - response ----"eligibility Not started".
called on Aug 5th - response ----"Eligibility review still going on" (wasn't clear , if it was "review required" for case officer OR still is case analyst reviewing).

ordered GCMS on Aug 5th waiting for it.

always thought my profile simple , 1+ year exp,Masters, not much travel history, . straight forward :(

and by the way , i am also applicant from US . (Nationally - INDIA)

i Know of one case approved from Montreal , Aor - 29th march , PPR - 30 July , (all those 4 months he was in IP1 , no updates in between , directly PPR) (he is also applicant from US).

best of luck everybody.
Yeah I think that eligibility thing is a little bit confusing. But I don't think everyone would be in eligibility "review required". May be that is how they refer to any case where a Senior Visa officer has not confirmed eligibility. But It's apparent that something changed around April which has made Montreal super slow. The 4 month timeline is up for quite a few of us, so hopefully there will be action soon.

Thanks for letting us know the case from Montreal who got PPR. Was that an inland or outland case?

vish97

Feb 7, 2018
Yeah I think that eligibility thing is a little bit confusing. But I don't think everyone would be in eligibility "review required". May be that is how they refer to any case where a Senior Visa officer has not confirmed eligibility. But It's apparent that something changed around April which has made Montreal super slow. The 4 month timeline is up for quite a few of us, so hopefully there will be action soon.

Thanks for letting us know the case from Montreal who got PPR. Was that an inland or outland case?
As i mentioned he is also an applicant from USA ,(nationality-INDIA) --FSW OUTLAND

Arpatel91

Star Member
Nov 18, 2014

@vish97 AOR 22nd April, Status Eligibility review ongoing

@phaneeswar130

Case mentioned by Vish97 AOR 29th March PPR - 30th July (Case in IP1 throughout)

Single Applicant - FSW-O
CRS - 475
ITA - Dec 6th
AOR - Mar 1
MEP/IP1 - Mar 8
IP2 - May 4th
PPR - Jul 25

AOR-21st February
March 7-Medical Passed
July 7- IP2 (Started processing background)
Upcoming GCMS note: 27th August

smcan2014

Oct 27, 2014
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
06-01-2017
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........

@phaneeswar130

Single Applicant - FSW-O
CRS - 475
ITA - Dec 6th
AOR - Mar 1
MEP/IP1 - Mar 8
IP2 - May 4th
PPR - Jul 25

Thank you for putting this together. Let's keep this thread rolling.